• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Denji (Chainsaw Man) Rework

As I promised some time ago, my next CRT was going to be a complete Dennis rework. So here it is.

New Page ~ https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:CowHeadGod/Denji

Old Page ~ https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Denji_(Chainsaw_Man)

Now, for those who are wondering where the hell his Chainsaw Devil tab went, I've created a new Pochita page and moved it there:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:CowHeadGod/Pochita

The reasons are in their notes but for those who are too lazy to go find it, here it is:

While Denji's "Red Chainsaw Man" and Pochita's "Black Chainsaw Man" are technically the same being, it has been decided to separate them into seperate profiles. This is because Denji has no control over his "Black Chainsaw Man" form as it's Pochita that takes over[28]. He himself doesn't consider this form to be him[52] and likewise, characters like Makima and Fami also consider Denji's "Red Chainsaw Man" and Pochita's "Black Chainsaw Man" to be completely different beings[78][79]. As a result, this profile only focuses on the titular "Red Chainsaw Man" we see throughout most of the series while Pochita's "Black Chainsaw Man" can be found on Pochita's own profile.

Excellent pages, the best boys deserved something this high quality.

Minor nitpick for Pochita's stamina, he most likely did not fight for eons in hell as chainsaws were invented in 1918 which is barely 80 years before Chainsaw Man's setting. Decades would be more appropriate.

Minor nitpick for Pochita's stamina, he most likely did not fight for eons in hell
By eons, I meant this:

XtJWqnr.png

I don't agree with a post-weakening Denji scaling to 8-C considering he easily one-shot the bat devil in part two when fighting the Cockroach devil. While he wasn't equal with Denji in his first appearance he could still take punches without being insta gibbed like he did in part two. His post-weakening key should scale to "At most High 8-C" like his first key did at the very least.

I don't agree with a post-weakening Denji scaling to 8-C considering he easily one-shot the bat devil in part two when fighting the Cockroach devil. While he wasn't equal with Denji in his first appearance he could still take punches without being insta gibbed like he did in part two. His post-weakening key should scale to "At most High 8-C" like his first key did at the very least.
Despite this I don't think he should, he should be far weaker than his beginnings due to loosing a extensive amount of fear

Despite this I don't think he should, he should be far weaker than his beginnings due to loosing a extensive amount of fear
You say that as if there isn't concrete evidence proving that false. Its never been stated that Denji is weaker in part 2 and fear scaling hasnt been shown to affect his hybrid form yet in any way, so I see no reason to downgrade him in spite of the fact we have direct proof proving otherwise. Also this is just me but between the Bat devil and the Cockroach devil I would assume the Cockroach devil to be stronger based only on the fact that more people fear cockroaches than bats.

You say that as if there isn't concrete evidence proving that false. Its never been stated that Denji is weaker in part 2 and fear scaling hasnt been shown to affect his hybrid form yet in any way, so I see no reason to downgrade him in spite of the fact we have direct proof proving otherwise. Also this is just me but between the Bat devil and the Cockroach devil I would assume the Cockroach devil to be stronger based only on the fact that more people fear cockroaches than bats.
Fair on the cockroaches being more feared part

i agree with you, part 2 denji defeated the bat devil(and the cockroach devil that should be stronger than the bat devil) without much effort while his pre training version struggled way more

Denji is pretty much just outright stronger than the Bat Devils total AP as we've seen him fight the Cockroach Devil who was shown to be superior to the Bat Devil (fear wise as well) and Denji was shredding through him like cheese (this would give him At most High 8-C for his post weakening key tho)

But with the fear amp we could say he downscales from City Block level+ as he should be far stronger than before that being his beginnings

Denji is pretty much just outright stronger than the Bat Devils total AP as we've seen him fight the Cockroach Devil who was shown to be superior to the Bat Devil (fear wise as well) and Denji was shredding through him like cheese (this would give him At most High 8-C for his post weakening key tho)

But with the fear amp we could say he downscales from City Block level+ as he should be far stronger than before that being his beginnings
makes sense, it would also be consistent since denji had to let himself get hit by miri otherwise he would have easily defeated all the hybrids(just like pochita easily defeated them in the graveyard)

makes sense, it would also be consistent since he had to let himself get hit by miri otherwise he would have easily defeated all the hybrids(just like pochita easily defeated them in the graveyard)
And hybrids like spear man was able to harm the graveyard clone which makes it more consistent, this including the zombies being able to harm the graveyard clone as well which the hybrids are just completely above in terms of scaling

And hybrids like spear man was able to harm the graveyard clone which makes it more consistent, this including the zombies being able to harm the graveyard clone as well which the hybrids are just completely above in terms of scaling
would denji also downscale from hypersonic or only his ap would downscale?

would denji also downscale from hypersonic or only his ap would downscale?
Nah speed wise he continues to upscale from supersonic+

I don't think there is anything suggesting he would be on par with quanxi's speed

But Denji still has a few more feats of him dodging an m16 which might get him higher in the supersonic+ ranges

In the mean time we would only downscale from City-Block level+

...... would CSM FP scale to makima's bangs? I think I saw a mhs+ calc for her.
Yes, she needed the hybrids distracting him otherwise pochita would've dodged her attacks(+the darkness devil tk should be faster than hers and pochita is somewhat comparable to it)

Last edited:
Also this is just me but between the Bat devil and the Cockroach devil I would assume the Cockroach devil to be stronger based only on the fact that more people fear cockroaches than bats.
Depends on location tbh. In less developed countries with less access to rabies vaccination, bats could be much more feared, as they're a low-key possible transmission vector. Cases of bat bites often go unnoticed due to relative lack of pain and obvious wound markers compared to bites from other small mammals (for example, if you're fed upon by a vampire bat in your sleep, you're unlikely to ever figure it out). And due to rabies being a silent killer in which symptoms only appear once the virus has reached the brain, just the thought of being within reach of an infected bat in these areas would be cause for intense dread and anxiety, as you could be infected with rabies at this very moment and not even know it until it's too late.

...... would CSM FP scale to makima's bangs? I think I saw a mhs+ calc for her.
Realistically only makima would scale to it but you can argue pochita getting a similar speed to it by throwing his heart back to earth at relatively the same distance (but that might warrant a separate calc)

As I promised some time ago, my next CRT was going to be a complete Dennis rework. So here it is.

New Page ~ https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:CowHeadGod/Denji

Old Page ~ https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Denji_(Chainsaw_Man)

Now, for those who are wondering where the hell his Chainsaw Devil tab went, I've created a new Pochita page and moved it there:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:CowHeadGod/Pochita

The reasons are in their notes but for those who are too lazy to go find it, here it is:
Nicely done. One thing I think should be changed tho is that Dennis shouldn't have Fire Manip, just Heat Manip. Him generating fire from igniting gasoline with his sparks isn't something he has any degree of control over outside of just opting not to do it. And he can't even really direct it at all, like if he were to pull the trigger on a flamethrower or throw a molotov cocktail, and that's essentially the minimum amount of control needed to qualify for fire manip

Depends on location tbh. In less developed countries with less access to rabies vaccination, bats could be much more feared, as they're a low-key possible transmission vector. Cases of bat bites often go unnoticed due to relative lack of pain and obvious wound markers compared to bites from other small mammals (for example, if you're fed upon by a vampire bat in your sleep, you're unlikely to ever figure it out). And due to rabies being a silent killer in which symptoms only appear once the virus has reached the brain, just the thought of being within reach of an infected bat in these areas would be cause for intense dread and anxiety, as you could be infected with rabies at this very moment and not even know it until it's too late.
So do you think overall the Cockroach devil would be more feared? (It seems like fujimoto interprets it that way due to the Cockroach devil accidentally squashing the Bat Devil on accident during his fight with chainsaw man)

i think it should be noted that a clone of denji was able to fight all of makima’s hybrids at once after she had weakened him. on their own, some of these hybrids, such as katana man and reze, were able to contend with and defeat denji earlier in the manga, yet by the control devil arc he managed to fight them simultaneously in addition to several other hybrids while weakened

i think it should be noted that a clone of denji was able to fight all of makima’s hybrids at once after she had weakened him. on their own, some of these hybrids, such as katana man and reze, were able to contend with and defeat denji earlier in the manga, yet by the control devil arc he managed to fight them simultaneously in addition to several other hybrids while weakened
That was Pochita fighting

Why you no add pressure points ;c

Denji blantatly stated he attacks le balls against any guy, Which clearly includes the "Unbearable pain" of the description of pressure points ;c

Shouldn't Denji have limited resistance to mind, empathic and memory manip since he resisted the falling devil power?

Why you no add pressure points ;c

Denji blantatly stated he attacks le balls against any guy, Which clearly includes the "Unbearable pain" of the description of pressure points ;c
It should be limited tho since denji said he only does that when he is fighting men

Shouldn't Denji have limited resistance to mind, empathic and memory manip since he resisted the falling devil power?
He was pretty blatantly affected by her powers as soon as she told him to fall. He just got around it by sawing his brain to bits.

He was pretty blatantly affected by her powers as soon as she told him to fall. He just got around it by sawing his brain to bits.
Yeah, but he said he always cuts his brain when he is fighting devils that use mental attacks so shouldn't he have at least limited resistance to it?

Back