• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

I'm surprised people haven't look into Reze's feats yet. I bet you could have some juicy results from her explosions
I wasn't getting anything that good, but I was comparing it to the High 8-C+ stuff at the time, so maybe I'll find something.

Let me take a quick look.

I'm surprised people haven't look into Reze's feats yet. I bet you could have some juicy results from her explosions

There is also that feat of Santa clause breaking several floors of a skyscraper
Does anyone actually scale tho? Denji was pulverized from the chest down after a few of them

Does Reze have an official height somewhere?

Also some of the explosions do indeed tear Denji's body apart, so his scaling for some of them is iffy. He shouldn't be scaling to her bigger explosions.

Recently got into Chainsaw Man and have just caught up to the manga.

Overall impressions? This is a rather damn good series, especially for one with such a dark tone. Denji is one of my favorite main characters. I've never had such an juxtaposition between joy and sorrow right after the other. The characters all around are honestly pretty great. Also really enjoying Asa's character as well. I want to keep this post low as I can, so I won't go into detail about everyone.

But this universe is very interesting and entertaining to me.

However, as a member of this wiki I can't help that I was also judging any feats I could fine as I went along. Also taking a look at the current calculations, I found some issues that needs addressing. Ignoring the fact I think the profiles need better formatting, which I might take a crack at later.

The biggest issue I have is the current High 8-C calc.

First off the fragmentation values being used here is incorrect, they're using rock instead of concrete. The calc is old however, so I can see how that happened.

Using the correct V.Frag value (20 J/cm^3) drops the results to 2.16 Tons.

Second. Is that Denji should be downscaling from this. Since this left him bleeding heavily and with broken bones. And the Bat Devil's durability does not scale to this at all, as there's nothing suggesting this attack would produce recoil like that. The Bat Devil actually believed this killed Denji before being shocked to see he was alive.

If the Bat Devil scaled to this fully, why would he be shocked that Denji was alive when he was overpowering him?

I personally say Denji should be baseline 8-C+, since this 2.16 Ton attack broke his bones, though his body remained intact.

However, I'll be taking a look at other feats whenever I can. So maybe this will change.
I'm just happy there is another Chainsaw Man enthusiast who joined this chat.

I wasn't getting anything that good, but I was comparing it to the High 8-C+ stuff at the time, so maybe I'll find something.

Let me take a quick look.
I'm currently out of calcing commission rn but I remember I did pseudo calcs for both the Santa roof smash and Gun Devil Aki knocking Denji through multiple buildings

Santa got 9-A+ to low end 8-C
Aki got 8-C to High 8-C

I recommend those if you wish to start somewhere

This feat could be worth calcing, I can see it being Class 100 to Class K and it scales to a decent number of characters iirc

The Typhoon devil can pull out a telephone post out of the ground. Aki is able to stand just fine against the force of this devil’s attacks
Doesn't scale to Aki since he's a lot smaller. Surface area is something once again.

A hurricane can rip the roof off a house yet a person can stand there ground. The amount of wind/force hitting him is less than what's hitting the telephone post.

There still is some kind of feat there, but I don't know how to calculate it.

Doesn't scale to Aki since he's a lot smaller. Surface area is something once again.

A hurricane can rip the roof off a house yet a person can stand there ground. The amount of wind/force hitting him is less than what's hitting the telephone post.

There still is some kind of feat there, but I don't know how to calculate it.
Tbf depending on wind direction and velocity, his multiple layers of clothing can significantly increase his effective surface area, like a parachute but to a lesser extent.
And yeah there is a feat here, but as you said it could be tough to calculate since afaik wind feats aren't just a simple Inverse Square Law calc

Good news for the Bat Devil feat.

Reinforced Concrete should be alright to use, you can see it above the dialogue bubble, which means the results only drop by a small amount. That is 6.61 Tons of TNT.

Denji and the Bat Devil should still be downscaling from that though. Assuming the inverse square law isn't used here, I still haven't gotten a concrete answer on that.

Why would Bat Devil downscale?
Is that Denji should be downscaling from this. Since this left him bleeding heavily and with broken bones. And the Bat Devil's durability does not scale to this at all, as there's nothing suggesting this attack would produce recoil like that. The Bat Devil actually believed this killed Denji before being shocked to see he was alive.

If the Bat Devil scaled to this fully, why would he be shocked that Denji was alive when he was overpowering him?
It's kind of clear to me that this was a special attack from the Bat Devil that isn't equal to his normal strength.

Good news for the Bat Devil feat.

Reinforced Concrete should be alright to use, you can see it above the dialogue bubble, which means the results only drop by a small amount. That is 6.61 Tons of TNT.

Denji and the Bat Devil should still be downscaling from that though. Assuming the inverse square law isn't used here, I still haven't gotten a concrete answer on that.
It heavily implied by the paneling that denji took that shit point blank or at least very close so I believe it'd be fine to use

Well, sexual assault girl's even worse now. We got a 22 year old woman manipulating and SAing him. Though he's 18 and technically no longer a minor, he's still got way too much baggage.

But on another note, do I see the start of Denji's first guy friend? I hope so, cuz he REALLY needs a guy friend. Aki doesn't count since he was more of the older brother taking care of his two siblings. I could see these two bond over how they were manipulated by Makima, or Sword Man could just be ANOTHER guy trying to manipulate Denji. Personally, I hope it's the former, cuz I've had enough people manipulating and turning on Denji.

Last edited:
POWER WHEN?

Also damn I wish I was Denji rn...
image.png

Well, sexual assault girl's even worse now. We got a 22 year old woman manipulating and SAing him. Though he's 18, he's still got way too much baggage.

But on another note, do I see the start of Denji's first guy friend? I hope so, cuz he REALLY needs a guy friend. Aki doesn't count since he was more of the older brother taking care of his two siblings. I could see these two bond over how they were manipulated by Makima, or Sword Man could just be ANOTHER guy trying to manipulate Denji. Personally, I hope it's the former, cuz I've had enough people manipulating and turning on Denji.
He is 17

Back