• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsawman Speed Downgrades

So currently basically the entire verse scales off of two speed feats that are taken out of context or very highballed and assumptive

This thread is hopefully going to change that

The first and easiest

Quanxi's Blitz

First off it uses the old "Humans can perceive images in as little as 13 milliseconds" study which has long been debunked as this was with trained fighter pilots in a dark room being flashing white light on a wall. This method of human reaction time has been removed from all relevant calcs and this is no different.

Second it assumes that she does all this movement in this time based on her blitzing the initial devil hunters which is a very big assumption given there was no one there to observe her every step of the way

Also both Agnaa and KLOL already had a discussion in the comments of the calc on why it should be removed

Angel's Block

This one might be more controversial so I'm gonna post the relevant panels for clarity
bab350a3a416e72301def3331f92e21a.jpg
639d1f83fb12cd4462799750e1761e72.jpg

As you can see there's no proof he raised his wing in the time it takes the bullet to reach him
There are no movement lines to suggest movement in the panel he is shown blocking in
He also has ample time to respond in the time it takes the guy to pull the trigger

Since we don't see the panel where the movement happens so were left to assume that he completed this movement sometime between the time it took the man to raise his gun

Leaving both interpretations of the scene equally valid... except for one thing

We see in the anime the exact scene where the Angel Devil starts his movement

As you can see above the anime shows him completing his wing shield before the guy fires his gun

I'm pretty sure in cases like these where between panel context is missing, anime can be used in place of the manga

Even if that isn't the case I believe the lower end should be used both because that's what we usually go with on the wiki and because it's more consistent in verse where Guns are considered something Devil Hunter tier characters can't deal with and something that even Top Tiers like Hybrid Denji have trouble with

As you can see above the anime shows him completing his wing shield before the guy fires his gun
Nah if you go frame by frame and slow it down listening to the audio the shot is fired before the angel devil's wing is in front of Aki so its still valid

If you go frame by frame the shots sound comes at 1212 frames (if you use 25fps) before the wings even move so its definitely valid

If you go frame by frame the shots sound comes at 1212 frames (if you use 25fps) before the wings even move so its definitely valid
I disagree

The sound before is just the sound of his wings moving

The gun sounds start at 49 seconds exactly at which point he already has his wing extended

I used the same thing it comes at 1212 frames which is 48 seconds
That's the sound they use for the wings movement for some reason

If he really did fire at that point then we would have seen a third bullet ricochet of his wing
But we don't

We hear his wing move (Which does sound somewhat like a bullet firing), then two distinct bullet like sounds go off after he has it raised shortly followed by the two bullets hitting his wings

First off it uses the old "Humans can perceive images in as little as 13 milliseconds" study which has long been debunked as this was with trained fighter pilots in a dark room being flashing white light on a wall. This method of human reaction time has been removed from all relevant calcs and this is no different.
what are the newer methods?

I agree with all of this, but is there any other calc we can replace them with?
TBH thats moreso what this CRT is about

To show that the current ones are wrong and bring attention to the dozen or so other speed feats in the verse

Off the top of my head I can think of Katana mans blitzing of Denji and Quanxi did legitimately blitz those initial devil hunters

Strangely enough Kobeni also has some good feats such as slicing an arm off before someone can react

But basically all the low tiers are getting downgraded to something below supersonic

I agree with downgrading the angel feat, less so for certain arguments for the Quanxi feat, though if 13 milliseconds isn't used anymore then I guess that's that. What other numbers do we use for these types of feats nowadays though?

I agree with downgrading the angel feat, less so for certain arguments for the Quanxi feat, though if 13 milliseconds isn't used anymore then I guess that's that. What other numbers do we use for these types of feats nowadays though?
Probably athletic human .13 seconds

Isn’t that the minimum reaction time tho? I feel like using reaction time for perception speed sounds flawed as hell. I can perceive shit way faster than I can react.
You misunderstand

That IS perception speed

Yes, it's that slow for regular humans

Multiple studies have concluded that the average human reaction time is between 200 milliseconds and 100 millseconds with humans capping out at 80 milliseconds

Maybe your just built different

People can tell the difference between 120 and 240 hz monitors, I don’t think I’m built different. Also I’m pretty sure we see in approximately 24 fps? I think, so it’d be more

Probably athletic human .13 seconds
out of curiosity, Would Quanxi's speed feat stay with the new Blitzing rules? Everything about the initial blitz on the Devil hunters falls under the Rules that seem to be agreed upon for the 2 millisecond one.
they were all focused on her, There is on page confirmation that she vanished from their line of sight, and there's nothing that suggests it was a technique that caused it.

and roughly applying the 3.19660708214 meters calculated for her to move between herself and the people in front of her. It would get an overall mach 4.6 rating again. (Though slightly lower.)

out of curiosity, Would Quanxi's speed feat stay with the new Blitzing rules? Everything about the initial blitz on the Devil hunters falls under the Rules that seem to be agreed upon for the 2 millisecond one.
they were all focused on her, There is on page confirmation that she vanished from their line of sight, and there's nothing that suggests it was a technique that caused it.

and roughly applying the 3.19660708214 meters calculated for her to move between herself and the people in front of her. It would get an overall mach 4.6 rating again. (Though slightly lower.)
I'd wait for them to become official but yeah Quanxi would 100% qualify for the use of the 2 ms timeframe

I thought they where offical? There listed on the perception and reactions page.
Arnold kinda jumped the gun

Back