• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

How does she come back as a dude? Does she fully die and is permanently fused with her Devil? Or does her head fall off for the 90th time and gets fused onto a decapitated guy body?
Didn't she die after Denji killed Makima?

My understanding was her corpse was being puppateered around by Makima ever since she got Merced by the Darkness Devil

My understanding was her corpse was being puppateered around by Makima ever since she got Merced by the Darkness Devil
Hybrids are immortal. Activate their trigger and they get back up, no matter what. Even Quanxi's first ever transformation on-screen was after her head was cut off by Darkness Devil.

Makima cut her head off again at the end of that arc so she could affirm to herself she was superior, and added Quanxi as another conquered Hybrid to division 5.

Hybrids are immortal. Activate their trigger and they get back up, no matter what. Even Quanxi's first ever transformation on-screen was after her head was cut off by Darkness Devil.

Makima cut her head off again at the end of that arc so she could affirm to herself she was superior, and added Quanxi as another conquered Hybrid to division 5.
I was under the impression that the sword dude was the reincarnated Katana dude

But apparently he's the same dude from chapter 87

Does that mean Reze could still be alive?

Quanxi got back up after being killed by the Darkness Devil, then got her head chopped off again (again regenerated, this time just dominated by Makima), then got her ass beat by Pochita who tbh has obviously killed a shitton of people and Devils basically by accident cuz he smacked them or even tried to hug them too hard (so imagine what getting purposefully btfo'd by him would feel like) so honestly she might actually be dead now

I was under the impression that the sword dude was the reincarnated Katana dude

But apparently he's the same dude from chapter 87

Does that mean Reze could still be alive?
Nope, we never even got confirmation he died save for the time Denji chopped him in half then put him back together. Last we saw of him he was getting his balls smashed

Reze wasn't turned into a fine red mist by Pochita so yeah she's still alive

Recently got into Chainsaw Man and have just caught up to the manga.

Overall impressions? This is a rather damn good series, especially for one with such a dark tone. Denji is one of my favorite main characters. I've never had such an juxtaposition between joy and sorrow right after the other. The characters all around are honestly pretty great. Also really enjoying Asa's character as well. I want to keep this post low as I can, so I won't go into detail about everyone.

But this universe is very interesting and entertaining to me.

However, as a member of this wiki I can't help that I was also judging any feats I could fine as I went along. Also taking a look at the current calculations, I found some issues that needs addressing. Ignoring the fact I think the profiles need better formatting, which I might take a crack at later.

The biggest issue I have is the current High 8-C calc.

First off the fragmentation values being used here is incorrect, they're using rock instead of concrete. The calc is old however, so I can see how that happened.

Using the correct V.Frag value (20 J/cm^3) drops the results to 2.16 Tons.

Second. Is that Denji should be downscaling from this. Since this left him bleeding heavily and with broken bones. And the Bat Devil's durability does not scale to this at all, as there's nothing suggesting this attack would produce recoil like that. The Bat Devil actually believed this killed Denji before being shocked to see he was alive.

If the Bat Devil scaled to this fully, why would he be shocked that Denji was alive when he was overpowering him?

I personally say Denji should be baseline 8-C+, since this 2.16 Ton attack broke his bones, though his body remained intact.

However, I'll be taking a look at other feats whenever I can. So maybe this will change.
Evaluated that calc.

Tried my hands at some feats from Reze.

The first three should scale to Denji just fine.

The last one is unknown to me, since his body was horribly destroyed, but there were multiple blast as well.
i actually did a calc of that a while back it got 9-A+ to High 8-C
I'm currently out of calcing commission rn but I remember I did pseudo calcs for both the Santa roof smash and Gun Devil Aki knocking Denji through multiple buildings

Santa got 9-A+ to low end 8-C
Aki got 8-C to High 8-C

I recommend those if you wish to start somewhere
Any updates to this little project?

Next chapter is probably gonna be a huge game changer

0141-015.png

Mother showed up to put the children to bed.

This basically guarantees we'll see Reze soon.

Looks like Quanxi's finally back in the game. And it looks like she's gonna get some big upgrades, too. She was able to blitz and dismember three hybrid devils, even when one of them was transformed. She's not a pro for nothing.

It looks like Quanxi is just full-on High 8-C in base given she fodderized Sword Man.

Also wanted to ask, is the fact that a calc of base Quanxi's speed is only being used for her Devil Form an already known issue with her page? Though it sounds like the calc might be removed since issues with it were brought up.

It's based on the fact that a devil will exist indefinitely as long as their concept is feared
I see. Tbf it is demonstrated with the Primal Fears, but they're on such a different level to the others that they could very well qualify for their own section on the physiology page once they have enough unique showings as a subset of the devil population. As for more ordinary Devils, they tend to go through their life cycle within the span of a human lifetime on Earth, and even more quickly in Hell, so their Types 4 and 8 have them covered for existing indefinitely

Also wanted to ask, is the fact that a calc of base Quanxi's speed is only being used for her Devil Form an already known issue with her page? Though it sounds like the calc might be removed since issues with it were brought up.
Yep, definetly.
Base Quanxi should definitely be Hypersonic

This makes a few other characters High 8-C as well

Also its a pretty good speed feat
Does it make the others High 8-C, though? It's entirely possible that Quanxi just got stronger from her brainwashing to the present since at least several months have passed since she first showed feats in her human form.

I can't see Quanxi getting so strong in a few months when she's been a Devil Hunter for at least several decades. She was probably just always this strong, and I don't recall and antifeat.

Quanxi was able to trade "killing" blows with Black chainsawman (Pochita) when all other weapons together couldn't stop him. At first i imagined it was just skill, but they just seem a cut above other characters.

I don't recall and antifeat.
Yoshida was able to go toe-to-toe with her for a while, and Kishibe took several serious hits from her. Kishibe and Yoshida are both abnormally tough for just being humans, but I doubt they're High 8-C just by themselves. She's never failed to one-shot somebody her swords connected with, though, so with the current chapter in mind she's definitely High 8-C with weapons

I don't see why we couldn't scale Kishibe and Yoshida to High 8-C. Devil Hunter's (especially Kishibe) are just built different.

Back