• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"Remember that we avoid conflict if at all possible." Saffi said to the others, looking especially at Sylvia and Siglos. "In any other case, I wouldn't say this, but if your emotions or past experiences will be something that hinders the progress of this mission, you best stay back at the inn, understood?"
"Heh.." Erebus lets out a little chuckle, distorted given he's a Rakshashin, it reminded him of his old friend.

Siglos hesitated for a moment, before nodding in understanding.

“W-well…l-let m-me k-know i-if…y-you want to…w-warm-up, a-alright? I-it’s…n-not much. but…I h-have a blanket I-infused w-with h-heat magic I-in m-my bag.” He said quietly.
"You don't need to do that for me, honey..." Sylvia muttered, her wings gently flapping.

"You don't need to do that for me, honey..." Sylvia muttered, her wings gently flapping.
“Y…you…p-put u-up with…a lot f-from me…S-Sylvia.” Siglos said quietly. He took a soft breath, the cold air marking a trail of vapor from his mouth.

“…y-you…m-may not…n-need it. B-but…t-the least I can d-do…I-is m-make sure y-you are…comfortable…” He said quietly.

"Well... Do whatever you want, Siglos..." Sylvia murmured with a blush.
Siglos nodded, flashing her a soft smile, though it was hidden beneath his scarf. Gingerly, he opened his bag, telekinetically lifting a large, woolen blanket from the opening. Anyone with Mana Sight could see the soft, red glow it emitted, revealing its enchanted nature. Runes of magic decorated the fabric, giving it an almost elaborate design. He had sold a few of these blankets in the past, the decorative and functional nature always fetching him a fair price on the market.

“A-alright…l-let m-me k-know h-how t-this feels…” He said softly. Gingerly, he used his telekinesis to lift the blanket into the air, before gingerly draping it across her shoulders, the warm fabric instantly working to fight against the frigid temperatures that surrounded them. It was…small, compared to her body, only really reaching down to her waist, but Siglos hoped it would suffice.

"It's... fine, honey... Thank you." Sylvia said with a smile, gently petting Siglos's head with her large, rough palm.
Siglos gingerly reached an arm upward, placing a hand on top of Sylvia’s as she patted him, almost as if to keep her hand on his head, though, she could easily lift it away if she wanted to. His ears twitched, a soft blush quickly spreading across his face.

“A-alright…i-I’m g-glad, honey.” He murmured, a soft smile on his face.

"I-I-I-I'll t-t-t-take it p-p-please...!" Shalor said, still shivering quite a bit despite the light being produced to heat him up
Siglos turned to Shalor, surprise flashing across his face for a brief moment.

“O-oh! T-that…t-that w-was t-the last blanket I-I had in…stock but…” Siglos trailed off. He rummaged into his bag for a moment before taking out a small woolen hat, runes of fire magic woven into the fabric.

“…I…m-made t-this hat f-for m-myself. I-it s-should f-fit you.” He said quietly. Gingerly, he levitated it over to Shalor, placing it into his hands. The fabric was warm and thick, allowing it to warm his body, should he decide to wear it.

(High concentrations of BENIS in the air.)

"It's just around the corner... The castle, that is." Cecilia said, stopping in her tracks in front of a sharp turn which lead to a large path.

"You will not be coming with us...?" Jeanne asked, tilting her head.

"I've other things to attend to at this time." Cecilia said, crossing her arms. "I'm sure your all more than mature enough to handle the rest on your own without me holding your hand..."

"It's just around the corner... The castle, that is." Cecilia said, stopping in her tracks in front of a sharp turn which lead to a large path.

"I've other things to attend to at this time." Cecilia said, crossing her arms. "I'm sure your all more than mature enough to handle the rest on your own without me holding your hand..."
Saffi gave a slight bow. "Thank you for your... tolerance." Saffi said, clearly referring to the rest of the group.

Kargath was silent and just nodded

"Y-yeah...!" Shalor responded, still shivering even as he was warmed up

"Of course, do enjoy yourself milady." Khadgar said, bowing his head but nothing else

"Let's just move..." Sylvia grunted, stomping forward in annoyance at the Court Mage's demeanor, sneering at the woman as she inadvertently pulled Siglos along with her.

Cain shrugged, just moving while her halo spun around her.

"Yes... Thank you..." Jeanne muttered, bowing with Saffi and Khadgar as she scurried along.

"Let's just move..." Sylvia grunted, stomping forward in annoyance at the Court Mage's demeanor, sneering at the woman as she inadvertently pulled Siglos along with her.

Cain shrugged, just moving while her halo spun around her.

"Yes... Thank you..." Jeanne muttered, bowing with Saffi and Khadgar as she scurried along.
Siglos stumbled, quickly stepping forward to prevent himself from falling over as Sylvia pulled him. He glanced up at her, noticing her apparent annoyance. He waited until they had moved a few steps away from the woman, before speaking.

“D-don’t l-let t-that…h-hussy get t-to y-you, m-my l-love. W-we’ll g-get t-through t-this…soon.” He said quietly, his voice inaudible to those without enhanced hearing. He flashed her a nervous smile, inwardly praying the ice witch hadn’t heard him.

"She probably heard you say that, honey..." Sylvia said with an awkward chuckle.
Siglos's face paled, his ears twitching anxiously. A small, forced chuckle escaped his lips, the Everian resisting the urge to look back at the woman.

"...A-all the m-more r-reason t-to...h-hurry t-to the castle." Siglos said quietly. He picked up his pace slightly, trying to keep pace with Sylvia's large stride as they walked.

"B-before s-she changes h-her mind..." Siglos muttered.

Eventually...

The group reached the castle after about another ten minutes of walking, reaching the enormous, ornamental structure unlike any other. It's sheer size was about on the size of the Sun Church's Grand Cathedral, instead, this time, it was on the ground, the architecture of the structure completely incomprehensible to all who were looking at it, to grand to be fathomed by mortal minds, each inch of the divine structure laced with silver and gold that glimmered in the sunlight.

"Ah..." Jeanne covered her eyes, the light somewhat making it difficult to look at the structure.

Sylvia grunted, "Couldn't they have chosen a.. less reflective material...?"

Cain shrugged. Her halo spinning around her eyes made it easy for the light to be blocked.

Despite his anxiousness, Siglos couldn’t help but marvel at the grandiose structure before them, his eyes tracing the shining material as they approached. He couldn’t understand it, of course; his mind struggling to even comprehend such a divine building. But in his eyes…it was undeniably beautiful.

“A-amazing…” Siglos muttered quietly. He had seen paintings of the castle, and caught glimpses of it from far away…but it was nothing compared to seeing it so close in person.

“…It’s…l-like a w-work of art…” he muttered, more to himself than anyone else.

Eventually...

The group reached the castle after about another ten minutes of walking, reaching the enormous, ornamental structure unlike any other. It's sheer size was about on the size of the Sun Church's Grand Cathedral, instead, this time, it was on the ground, the architecture of the structure completely incomprehensible to all who were looking at it, to grand to be fathomed by mortal minds, each inch of the divine structure laced with silver and gold that glimmered in the sunlight.
Dhei would use his whole arm to block the light from his eyes and shield his face despite having the hood on his head, it was incredibly unpleasant for somebody like him especially to gaze and tolerate such a view

"Hissss!!"

“…I…d-doubt i-it w-will b-be a-as…b-bright inside…” Siglos said quietly.

“…I-if t-the interior w-was t-this b-bright…I-It would…d-disturb guests. T-the…a-architect I-is…t-too s-skilled t-to…l-leave a f-flaw l-like that in…” Siglos muttered, still marveling at the beauty of the structure.

Last edited:
Back