• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Siglos nodded, forcing a small chuckle out of his throat as they walked down the road. They passed by several buildings that were familiar to Siglos, though his gaze didn’t linger on any of them, inwardly anxious that he’d spiral into another panic attack if he did. His legs trembled with each step, occasionally needing to lean onto Sylvia to prevent himself from falling.

“A…Alright, Sylvia. J-just…l-let me k-know, o-ok…?” Siglos said softly. He moved closer to Sylvia for a moment, gently placing his other hand on top of hers.

(react to other RPs bro, there's a lot your missing out on)
(Crown of Dreams, Lawliet has to cross the dessert again, find where the heck you guys are (which will be difficult with you all being in a whole pyramid and what not). Behind the Masquerade, Huey has literally no idea how to find Death in a prison. If you guys have already, it doesn't look like we've initiated yet. Rise of Shadows, Lynn is more or less confused about the Valkyrie, but I don't think Rafaam has said that we're back to testing. If he has, I don't recall him calling Lynn for hers yet. Rift, nobody cares about tbh. Aeternos, okay, fair point. I just need more motivation)

(Crown of Dreams, Lawliet has to cross the dessert again, find where the heck you guys are (which will be difficult with you all being in a whole pyramid and what not). Behind the Masquerade, Huey has literally no idea how to find Death in a prison. If you guys have already, it doesn't look like we've initiated yet. Rise of Shadows, Lynn is more or less confused about the Valkyrie, but I don't think Rafaam has said that we're back to testing. If he has, I don't recall him calling Lynn for hers yet. Rift, nobody cares about tbh. Aeternos, okay, fair point. I just need more motivation)
(Ok, no problem man)

(Ok, no problem man)
(Bruhhhhh. But yeah, kinda just curious on how you doing. Understandable man, take your time)

Dhei would be walking nearby Noah, with his hood covering the head and face, helping to walk in day time and hide his visible features from others
Noah said nothing, although from her body language that Dhei could easily read, the young dragoness made it clear that she not want bother him, especially so that he can cover himself from sunlight and other's eyes due to his nature as hybrid and his personality.

Eventually the group reached an open area of the city, people were clumped around the general area, mostly nobles, making it hard to see what was actually going on for those who weren't over 10 ft tall.

"Sylvia, what do you see...?" Jeanne asked the giant woman.

"I can see the castle, yeah... I doubt we can get in, though." Sylvia said, "Lots of nobles and authorities around... And we're already drawing attention here. I doubt we're being taken kindly around here..."

Siglos quickly grabbed his hood, throwing it onto his head. This, in combination with his scarf, made it so that only his eyes were visible, the Everian glancing anxiously at the gathered nobles around the castle. He took a ragged intake of breath, his body trembling visibly.

“…I-if…I-if t-they knew w-we were…p-part of the c-church…t-they…w-would certainly l-let us…through.” He said quietly, his voice almost inaudible.

“…M-most nobles are…d-devout w-worshipers…” He murmured.

Siglos said nothing for a moment, the Everian almost cowering as he glanced at the overwhelming crowd. Their enchanted jewelry hummed in his ear, forming a soft, constant stream of noise within his mana hearing. And yet…

“…He…he’s not…here…” Siglos thought. Out of all the sounds within the group of nobles, he could not hear the familiar noise of his father's enchanted robes, a sound that had imprinted itself in his mind from years of dread and fear. He took a soft, deep breath, some of the tension leaving his body.
"I do have a letter from Velen, yes..." Jeanne said, reaching into her pocket through her armor. She pulled out a clean piece of parchment which was tightly wrapped with some clean string. "The problem is getting there, now..."
Siglos glanced at Jeanne for a moment, before taking a soft, quiet breath.

“…W-with s-some…sound magic…I-I c-could…a-amplify someone's voice. W-we c-could…make an…announcement, t-that way.” He whispered

Siglos said nothing for a moment, the Everian almost cowering as he glanced at the overwhelming crowd. Their enchanted jewelry hummed in his ear, forming a soft, constant stream of noise within his mana hearing. And yet…

“…He…he’s not…here…” Siglos thought. Out of all the sounds within the group of nobles, he could not hear the familiar noise of his father's enchanted robes, a sound that had imprinted itself in his mind from years of dread and fear. He took a soft, deep breath, some of the tension leaving his body.

Siglos glanced at Jeanne for a moment, before taking a soft, quiet breath.

“…W-with s-some…sound magic…I-I c-could…a-amplify someone's voice. W-we c-could…make an…announcement, t-that way.” He whispered
"I can." Kargath said

"I don't think it'd be a very good idea to draw more attention..." Jeanne murmured.
"…" Siglos took a shaky breath, closing his eyes.

"...T-too...t-too m-many of u-us...s-stand o-out...t-to be...v-very d...discreet, Jeanne. A-and...we w-would...look s-suspicious i-if...w-we t-tried t-to s-sneak i-in..." He muttered. He took a step closer to Sylvia, inwardly hoping her larger frame would hide him from view.

"And yet, shouting out our business in an area full of people who are racist towards a good portion of our group doesn't help either, Siglos-!" Jeanne snapped, her eyes flashing scarlet for a tiny moment as she breathed out, clenching her fists.

"As far as I'm concerned, they can think what they want. As long as they don't try to delay us with their worthless "superiority", it doesn't matter to our goal. We're already going to talk to their leader, and have official orders from someone they at least revere to do so." Kargath said, stepping in front of Jeanne and kneeling down to look the girl in the eyes better

"I can see both sides here, and honestly, if they'd delay messengers with orders from the Archbishop himself I trust that their high king would deal with them, but making ourselves more known than we already are would simply bring that racism out." Khadgar said, while Shalor just put a hand on Jeanne's shoulder, clearly worried about her

"And yet, shouting out our business in an area full of people who are racist towards a good portion of our group doesn't help either, Siglos-!" Jeanne snapped, her eyes flashing scarlet for a tiny moment as she breathed out, clenching her fists.
Siglos recoiled, taking a shaky step back from Jeanne as she looked at him. He said nothing, simply pulling his hood deeper onto his head, staring at the ground.

"......."

Erebus was right, Jeanne was, indeed, causing a commotion. She'd drawn the eyes of a few, not many, especially not with the obvious business in the area, but, she drew attention from a few. This most definitely was not good attention, the jeers of the nobles piercing Jeanne's flesh like a hot knife toward butter. Jeanne rubbed the bridge of her nose with her left hand, breathing in, and breathing out, breathing in... and then breathing out. She continued this process for a few moments, before speaking once again.

"Forgive me... Your right, Khadgar... I'm just... I shouldn't have snapped like that." Jeanne muttered, "I... haaa... ****..."

"......."

Erebus was right, Jeanne was, indeed, causing a commotion. She'd drawn the eyes of a few, not many, especially not with the obvious business in the area, but, she drew attention from a few. This most definitely was not good attention, the jeers of the nobles piercing Jeanne's flesh like a hot knife toward butter. Jeanne rubbed the bridge of her nose with her left hand, breathing in, and breathing out, breathing in... and then breathing out. She continued this process for a few moments, before speaking once again.

"Forgive me... Your right, Khadgar... I'm just... I shouldn't have snapped like that." Jeanne muttered, "I... haaa... ****..."
"Don't be sorry.... Be better," he said.

Siglos slowly took his head, closing his eyes. He was stressed, Jeanne's outburst only serving to heighten the mental burden the Everian was dealing with. He said nothing for a moment, simply taking a breath.

"......."

"...I...c-can...m-modified o-one o-of my...s-sound r-rings...t-to a-amplify y-your voice. U-unless...y-you a-already k-know s-sound magic..." He muttered to Khadgar.

Back