• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

(I forgor.)

"Great. We'll need more money, then..." Jeanne said with a sigh, gently rubbing the bridge of her nose in acute agitation.
Erebus reached in his armor, and pulled a black bag. Upon opening said bag, it had lots of expensive coins and was very heavy. "Here," he said, handing them over to Jeanne.
Siglos glanced up at Jeanne for a moment, before taking a soft, shaky breath.

“…I…still h-have s-some money l-left o-over f-from some…p-precious s-sales. I…I c-can afford t-to give y-you some, i-if needed.” He said quietly.
"Go ahead boy." he said.

Cain's halo circled around her, the runes crackling with volatile Dark Magic as she got up. "So bored... Need someone to fight..." She thought to herself, ready to leave as she moved up to Sylvia.

"Is everyone ready, then...?" Jeanne asked.

Siglos glanced at Cain for a moment, his ears twitching slightly. He had always heard the magic within her halo, and the noise only became louder in his ears as it crackled with dark energy. His gaze lingered on the strange artifact for a moment, before turning away.

“…I-I’m…r-ready.” The Everian said quietly.

“…M-make s-sure to pay…A-Alexia b-before we leave…”

Cain's halo gently spun, the girl looking at Siglos as he glanced at her. Grunting, she looked away from the man, mana beginning to crackle violently around her halo. Silently, a thin, invisible layer of dark mana expanded about a meter or so around her body, the girl's senses sharpening, clearly wishing for something to happen or for somebody to fight as she began walking.

"Siglos, honey, do you want me to carry you again...?" Sylvia asked her mate quietly.

Cain's halo gently spun, the girl looking at Siglos as he glanced at her. Grunting, she looked away from the man, mana beginning to crackle violently around her halo. Silently, a thin, invisible layer of dark mana expanded about a meter or so around her body, the girl's senses sharpening, clearly wishing for something to happen or for somebody to fight as she began walking.

"Siglos, honey, do you want me to carry you again...?" Sylvia asked her mate quietly.
Siglos looked up at Sylvia. He hesitated, before gently shaking his head.

"...I c-can...w-walk beside y-you, honey." Siglos said quietly. He hesitated for a moment, before continuing.

"But...c-can I...hold y-your hand? W-while...w-while we walk, I-I mean..." He said softly.

Last edited:
Siglos looked up at Sylvia. He hesitated, before gently shaking his head.

"...I c-can...w-walk beside y-you, honey." Siglos said quietly. He hesitated for a moment, before continuing.

"But...c-can I...hold y-your hand? W-while...w-while we walk, I-I mean..." He said softly.
"Of course you can, honey... You don't even have to ask." Sylvia said, holding her hand out for Siglos to grab at his leisure.

Sylvia, as gently as she possibly could, grasped Siglos's hand in her own, letting out a soft, strained breath. She smiled down at him, "Ready...?" She asked her man.
Siglos glanced up at her, flashing her a soft smile in return. The tension within his body slowly began to fade, the Everian taking comfort in the warmth of her hand against his.

"...I-I'm r-ready...my love..." Siglos said quietly.

Erebus notices Cain's halo but he isn't bothered by it. He does wonder why she is the way she is, though it isn't the top question in his mind as of the moment.

"Alright... Does anybody have a map of the city? Or at least knows the general layout...?" Jeanne asked, "I don't exactly know where the High King's castle is..."
Siglos said nothing for a moment, before quietly taking a breath.

“…I…” Siglos trailed off, shaking his head.

“…I k-know the…layout…I…c-can…take u-us there…” He muttered. He pulled up his scarf over his mouth and nose, his grip tightening on Sylvia's hand.

"......" Jeanne breathed out, nodding. Her chest heated up ever so slightly, but, she ignored the pain. "Lead the way then, Siglos..."

Sylvia looked down at Siglos, "You're really sure you don't want me to carry you, babe...?" She asked.

"......" Jeanne breathed out, nodding. Her chest heated up ever so slightly, but, she ignored the pain. "Lead the way then, Siglos..."

Sylvia looked down at Siglos, "You're really sure you don't want me to carry you, babe...?" She asked.
Siglos said nothing for a moment, before forcing a soft smile on his face, although it wouldn’t be visible underneath his scarf.

“…Y-you…being w-with me…I-is e-enough…m-my love.” Siglos said quietly, his hand trembling against hers. Slowly he began to move forward, positioning himself in the front of the group.

“…P-please…d-don’t l-let go…” He added quietly, desperation creeping into his voice.

Siglos took a soft breath, slowly nodding.

“A-alright…” He said quietly. He hesitated for a moment, before speaking again.

I…I c-can…buy y-you a-another meal a-after we m-meet with t-them. If…if y-you'd l-like…" Siglos said quietly.

"...I...I d-don't k-know h-how f-fast y-your b-body...b-burns calories..." He muttered. He walked a few more steps, before taking a left turn on the road, leading the party down a path that would lead them closer to the castle.

Last edited:
Back