• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Siglos didn't hear Sylvia's words, his mind swimming. He opened the door to his room, quietly closing it behind him.

"…." Siglos said nothing, the Everian slowly pressing his back against the wall, taking a long, shaky breath. His body trembled softly, his legs slowly bending against his chest as he sunk to the floor.

“…I-it’s…a-alright…” Siglos muttered to himself. He was tired, he was stressed, he was hungry…and most of all, he was hurt. He could still feel the string of her tail against his cheek, the memory clear in his flesh, even after the injury healed.

“…I-it’s…a-alright…” Siglos repeated to himself. He knew that wasn't Sylvia, that Sylvia would never hit him. She'd never hurt him; he knew that.

“I-it’s…a-alright…” Siglos mumbled. Just like he knew that Sylvia's rejection of his embrace didn't mean she didn't love him. He knew that…and yet…

“I-it’s…I-it’s…” Siglos began, his voice trembling. He shook his head, wiping his eyes. He wanted the comfort, craved the embrace of the one person who actually cared for him. He could be hit a thousand times…if he could simply feel that affection.

"…." Siglos said nothing, taking a deep breath. For a brief moment…he was a boy again, the useless young noble who deserved every punishment he had received.

"…." Siglos breathed out. Gingerly, he rummaged into his bag, his hand gripping a small, ornate hilt. Slowly…he dragged the weapon from his bag, the beautiful sword smoothly sliding from its sheath. Cornelius's rapier shone brightly in the light, the peerless craftsmanship akin to the greatest of paintings. Wordlessly, Siglos hugged the blade to chest, the length resting against his shoulder. Slowly he closed his eyes, focusing his Mana Hearing. The gentle hum of the enchantment slowly washed into his ears, the young Everian letting it slowly ease his nerves. The sound was...magnificent, at least to him; the mana weaved to perfection across the metal. He sat there for a long while, unable to sleep...but thankful he could shift his mind away from his thoughts, if only for a moment.

Last edited:
"I don't exactly have a plan for today besides getting breakfast at some point so I could do it now if you are not busy." Khedruki says seemingly more awake he is happy to talk to someone other than Chim.
"That sounds like a great idea...but if it at all possible, I would like to know your name...it does seem rather unfair that I know Chim's and not yours." She smiled.

“From what we understand he is the first of the Greymail family line who ended up bound after death to the head of our family. I currently hold the title of the head after my great uncle gave it to me he been in this state about 30 thousand years and is only cooperative when he feels like it. As for what he can do, he creates forms to interact with the world.” Khedurki explains.

Jeanne let out a breath, "While you guys... eat, I'll go take care of business..."

"What business...?" Cain asked, glancing at Jeanne from her corner, her golden eyes meeting with Jeanne's.

"We came to Aegis for a reason, not to simply goof around, Cain. We're here to investigate potential threats here, and as such, we need to speak with the High King of Aegis..." Jeanne explained, letting out a breath.

"The High what...?" Cain muttered, tilting her head.

"The High King, Cain. The High King. The governing body of Aegis, its ruler. We need to speak to them..." Jeanne said, Cain's ignorance, for once, agitating the young knight. Jeanne let out one more breath, "You don't have to come with if you don't want to, I know your not fond of such affairs... Nor are you very fond of Everians."

"I'll go." Cain said, "Better than doing nothing." She said, shrugging as she got up.

"...Alright, Cain. Do whatever. Sylvia, are you coming as well?" Jeanne asked, turning to the giant woman.

"N-No, sorry... I'll uh... catch up when Siglos comes out of his room..." Sylvia muttered, her tail wagging anxiously.

Cain grunted, as Jeanne sighed. "Alright, Sylvia. Stay safe. Is anybody else coming...?" Jeanne asked.

Siglos slowly breathed out, Cornelius's sword still wrapped tightly in his embrace. His ears twitched slightly, the soft, perfect hum of the sword's mana continuing to pour into his mind, akin to a warm, soft blanket. It was different than the weak, dull murmurs of his own enchantments, or the enchanted tools some of the humans in the party carried with them. In the same way, it was different than the loud, harsh noises he heard from some of Aegis's mana. No…this sword created the sound of a serenade; the mana weaved so perfectly and sublimely it was more a work of art than a weapon.

"…." Siglos took another deep breath, before slowly sliding the sword back into its sheath. Gingerly he slid it back into his bag, the sound fading from his ears as it fell into his storage. He raised his hand upward, inhaling deeply, the floral scent emitted by his scented rings wafting into his nose. The whole process was…calming, Siglos surrounding himself with pleasant sensations to ease his mind. After several long moments of this, he glanced at the door.

“…I…I s-should…a-apologize to h-her…” Siglos muttered to himself. Gingerly, he got to his feet, his legs trembling visibly. Stumbling to the door, he slowly pushed it open, taking a step into the lobby.

"Siglo-" Sylvia tried to rush towards Siglos, before realizing she was far to big to get through the entrance, and stopped, waiting for him to come to her.
"I'll be going!" Khadgar said, a light jolly attitude to him

"...I'll go." Kargath said

"Yeah, i-ill go too..." Shalor said, seeming nervous
Jeanne breathed out, "Alright, good... Glad we at least have... back-up, in case things go poorly."

"Siglo-" Sylvia tried to rush towards Siglos, before realizing she was far to big to get through the entrance, and stopped, waiting for him to come to her.
Siglos froze, his body tensing briefly as he saw her. Quickly, he took a breath, forcing a soft smile on his face.

"H-hey S-Sylvia…" Siglos said quietly. Gingerly, he began to walk through the lobby, moving towards the entrance until he was standing in the doorway.

"...S-sorry...a-about that..." He said quietly.

Siglos froze, his body tensing briefly as he saw her. Quickly, he took a breath, forcing a soft smile on his face.

"H-hey S-Sylvia…" Siglos said quietly. Gingerly, he began to walk through the lobby, moving towards the entrance until he was standing in the doorway.

"...S-sorry...a-about that..." He said quietly.
"It's fine, baby, it's fine, I'm not mad...! Are you okay...?" Sylvia asked quickly, her tail continuing to wag anxiously.

"It's fine, baby, it's fine, I'm not mad...! Are you okay...?" Sylvia asked quickly, her tail continuing to wag anxiously.
Siglos’s eyes watched Sylvia's tail as it moved, before taking a soft breath.

“I…I-I’m just…a b-bit t-tired…that’s a-all.” Siglos said softly. He gingerly reached for Sylvia’s hand, before hesitating, his arm trembling softly.

Siglos’s eyes watched Sylvia's tail as it moved, before taking a soft breath.

“I…I-I’m just…a b-bit t-tired…that’s a-all.” Siglos said softly. He gingerly reached for Sylvia’s hand, before hesitating, his arm trembling softly.
Sylvia let Siglos grasp her hand at his leisure, letting out a breath. "Alright, Siglos... I'm just glad you're alright... I'm... I'm sorry."

Back