• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can Naruto touch Non-Corporeal Characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, in KCM Naruto's fight against Nagato, nagato starts to extract naruto's soul. Naruto is able to physically grab his soul. Does this grant naruto the ability to touch/hit Non-Corporeals?
5343790-edo nagato vs naruto 2

sure but that's not his soul that's spiritual side of chakra . Soul is what Obito was in the soul world, spiritual chakra is what Obito was after he teleported back to the Living World.

Ezeriot said:
sure but that's not his soul that's spiritual side of chakra . Soul is what Obito was in the soul world, spiritual chakra is what Obito was after he teleported back to the Living World.
The ability of the Human path rinnegan literally gives the user the power to pull someone's soul out of them

I always took it as a specific mechanic in Naruto for Human Path making souls physicals, it would seem anyone that is affected by the Human Path is able to pull back on their soul. Like it doesn't flow in my head that Kyuubi Chakra Mode would be capable of touching non-corporeal.

I'll see what others say.

Naruto pulled the tailed beasts outa Obito which at that moment were pure energy. The tailed beasts themselves are non corporeal in their energy forms

It is resisting the Human Path pulling your soul. It's not touching souls in general.

We have a scan where he litreally touches his soul and pulles it back.

Nothing is wanked here.

It seems as if souls are intangible, but only a rinnegan user can directly access it in the first place or users with other techniques, such as Itachi's totsuka blade.

Has Naruto ever touched a non-corporeal character (aside from his own soul)?

No, he hasn't. But you can bet someone is gonna reply to you saying that him touching the Bijuu or ripping part of the Bijuu out of Obito is proof.

He couldn't even touch Obito while he was intangible.

And @IMade, Astral already mentioned that, coincidentally. But that's just chakra, so I don't know why it would be non-corporeal. Even Yamato could extract chakra from 4-tail Naruto in his fight against Orochimaru.

Lo,why do you mention Obito's Intangibility?Obito sends parts of his body to different dimension,you need multiverse range or spatial manipulation to reach him.

Isn't this instance enough for Naruto?Or do we need to bring 100500+ feats to get this accepted?As usual.

> Isn't this instance enough for Naruto?Or do we need to bring 100500+ feats to get this accepted?As usual.

Asking for a single other instance/example is not like demanding 100500+ feats...

No, he hasn't. But you can bet someone is gonna reply to you saying that him touching the Bijuu or ripping part of the Bijuu out of Obito is proof.

Yes it is.

I don't see the problem in this,Naruto has a legit feat.Most verses also have abilities and powers only by 1 feat.

The soul thing isn't something new to the verse.

naruto has a legit feat of touching his own soul, touching Hag, the Bijuu's who in their energy for is pure chakra and non corporeal.

You cant dismiss those feats cause they are clear as day. Hag even states he has been moving through time as chakra. In other words as a soul.

DOnt make this go around in a circule cause the feats are right in our face.

Chakra connects the two worlds anyway.

Naruto touched his SOul in KCM in other words when CHakra is envoloping his whole body.

You guys are just purely ignoring context now

KCM is just jinchuuriki chakra, which is still just chakra. In conditions as simple as this, what makes Naruto the only one able to do this?

chakra is toucching the soul. Everyone else has the chakra inside of them while naruto is the only one besides Toneri who has feats of his body being "turned" into chakra

@WOI is right we already do this anway for people who have the feats.

We didnt give everyone telepathy because chakra can share thoughts and feeligns. ONly the ones who have it gets it on their profile

Again i ask whats the big problem guys???

If we try to argue for everyone in the narutoverse to get this, I feel like it'll be even harder to get this accepted. I dont understand why it's even being argued against. Naruto is literally touching his soul. That should be more than enough to give him the ability to touch non-corporeals.

Having a specific technique that allows the user to pull the soul out of the victim doesn't mean they can therefore attack souls that aren't a part of a living person. You can't draw a soul out of a body if they don't have a body. That's why I'm a bit sceptical about this granting Rinnegan users the ability to attack non-corporeal beings.

EDIT: Maybe they can, but the fact we've never seen this actually happen is what makes me doubtful.

Rinnegan users techincally have the ability to summon souls from the after life. Seen with Nagato and Hag and they can send them back.

This should be soul manipulation

I still don't see why this only applies to Naruto, nothing suggests he's a unique case. Who's to say any other jinchuuriki with mastery over their tailed beast can't do the same thing?

Physically, the only thing that makes each jinchuuriki different is their nature transformation and power level. In fact, you can argue it more for other jinchuuriki over Naruto, because he only had the Yang half of Kurama, whereas every other jinchuuriki had the full yin-yang beast.

Who's to say Uchiha users couldn't resist it with their susano'o?

I will support one thing; Naruto has a very strong resistance to soul ripping. Every other ninja in Konoha went brai dead instantly before Pain even pulled their souls out, yet Naruto's soul was almost completely out and he was still resisting.

I still don't see why this only applies to Naruto, nothing suggests he's a unique case. Who's to say any other jinchuuriki with mastery over their tailed beast can't do the same thing?

Because we can not scale abilities like this,Naruto isn't and ordinary Jinchuriki he is Asura.

Asura and Indra had no relevance to the plot yet. And even with that thinking, it scales to Hashirama and Madara, even pre-rinnegan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back