• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can Naruto touch Non-Corporeal Characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Nedge1000

Their intangibiltiy is not combat accesible since their always physical in batte.

I don't really mind him having this but not Rennigan users. They have the ability to pull out souls but they can't strike the soul while punching you.

Rinnegan users can hold souls with their bare hands,for example if Sasuke faces a non corporeal character (spirit) he will be able to interact with him.

@Nedge your supporting evidence was good. I said it at the top earlier. Naruto was able to touch the tailed beasts and pull them out while they were in their chakra form only from Obito.

It seems like everyone agrees with this

Wasn't he only able to do that because he had a bit of each Tailed Beast's chakra within him? And that's why his chakra-tails were able to connect to them?

Sure, but it means he was specifically only able to touch with the chakra forms of those Tailed Beasts (because he had pieces of their chakra). That doesn't mean he can touch any non-corporeal entity physically.

Kurama states naruto's ability is able to transmute his chakra to match other's no matter who they are. He states this in the fight with Juubi when naruto saved everyone by giving them his chakra that he gave the same properties as them.

I added all the abilities after getting permission from the admin, Celestial Pegasus, for the locked profile!

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 helped rescind the upgrade.

It's my fault, though. My bad, guys, I presumed that we were done. I believe that the upgrades were applicable though.

A lot of characters got Non-Physical Interaction:

Non-Physical Interaction's definition:
The power to interact with intangible or non-corporeal beings. Users can both see and interact with intangible, or non-corporeal, abstract, and nonexistent life-forms and entities, allowing them to make physical contact and possibly cause harm.

If you, guys, don't believe that addition would apply, it debating time!

P.S: There was a content revision like this for Fairy Tail and it was accepted: Natsu & Laxus Limited Soul Manipulation It's was a key reason why I made the Non-Physical Interaction's page, which applies to many characters.

when did naruto characters start seeing,much less touch non-copereal beings and yes that includes Naruto.

Naruto feat is clearly just a resistance to soul ripping.

And bijuus are pure energy not non-corporeal

Zzax

Intangible OR noncorporeal being WITH SUPPORTING FEATS; it is either.

For example,

• The Hulk has it for it for affecting intangible beings made of energy.
  • Petrovna for affecting abstract beings/non-existent beings
  • Yaga the Absolver for being capable of killing conceptual beings

But tailed beast generally exist in their physical forms not their energy forms and they only go into energy forms when they are about to be sealed or released by a jutsu

Only only a few abilities can actually affect them like you stated like sealing, and also rinengan abilities. Even being sealed in death, the sealed half of Kurama still life.

Naruto can touch his own soul so by extinction it would mean that he can affect souls, he won't get Soul Manipulation though since he can't directly interacting with the soul of a physical body.

@Nedge What do you call Dan(Tsunade hubby) ghost form then,thats the only thing non-copereal here and it's capable of feats tailed beast simply aren't like effortlessly passing through a chakra barrier.

The way this is going if Naruto can tailed beast energy forms then he can touch a non-copereal Dan,can naruto touch a non-corporeal Dan?

That logic is flawed considering it's his own soul and only goes down as resistance, there has got to be more than that and it shouldn't be the tailed beast.

then there is this,soul==chakra or rather is a part of chakra,chakra being physical and spiritual energy,soul making up the latter. Point is soul when mixed with chakra may be potentially visible and maybe tangible due to the physical nature of chakra. Unlike the case of true non-corporeal like Dan ghost and shinigami(death god seal),obito ghost and hag ghost

Honestly we can all come to a neutral ground and just say Naruto, Orochimaru and Hiruzen have resistance to soul ripping, as well as all rinnegan users.

chakra is not physical at all. when it is not in a physical form. That is balantly untrue.

And obito is a special case he literally teleports bits of his body in another dimension. That is beyind just intangiblity. And no one tried to touch hags ghost. In fact did he not get touched by Naruto and Sasuke?

Callsign Castle said:
Honestly we can all come to a neutral ground and just say Naruto, Orochimaru and Hiruzen have resistance to soul ripping, as well as all rinnegan users.
I'd be fine with saying Naruto has Resistance to Soul Ripping. Makes sense with what we see in the panel.

Damage3245 said:
Callsign Castle said:
I'd be fine with saying Naruto has Resistance to Soul Ripping. Makes sense with what we see in the panel.
I wouldn't even agree with that. Naruto literally had to physically pull back on his soul, that's not a resistance.

Ah, good point IMade. But at least when it happened to Naruto (as opposed to Shizune who died instantly), the soul-ripping seemed to be drawn out and take longer to do.

I take that as Naruto being faster and stronger than Shizune. He could react to his Soul being ripped due to faster reactions, thus he could grab on and pull on it to halt the effect.

Like seriously, if Naruto didn't react and didn't pull back on his soul then he would've just died. That's clearly not resistance.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
I wouldn't even agree with that. Naruto literally had to physically pull back on his soul, that's not a resistance.
It is. Naruto had 90% of his soul ripped out and was still fighting, yet random jonin in the leaf village went instantly brain dead before their souls were even pulled out.

Callsign Castle said:
It is. Naruto had 90% of his soul ripped out and was still fighting, yet random jonin in the leaf village went instantly brain dead before their souls were even pulled out.
This is due to what Kabuto was trying to do. The Human Path was able to rip out souls fast, easily, to kill targets. But the Naraka Path is what holds and transport souls.

This was Kabuto's goal, to transport Naruto's soul with the Naraka Path. You can literally see Nagato standing still in the same positio as it waits for the King of Hell to pop up in order to put the soul in it.

So it's not resistance, but Nagato purposefully being slow with the Human Path in order for the Naraka Path to do it's business.

Chakra is sometimes physical,its physical and spiritual energy, it can be seen and touched physically in high concrntration.

"he hit me with pure chakra" kabuto's word @four tails kyubi vs kabuto I will post the scan it I get the chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back