• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Buu Saga Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antvasima said:
@Alexcar3000 Sorry, but I don't see any logical coherence in your post. If there is no massive jump in tiers there is no reason for the old note to remain. I would appreciate if you would immediately drop this and let Azathoth change the footnotes undisturbed.
Sorry Ant, I meant to say that the notes were that we acknowledge how powerful were the Buu saga chars in comparison to the Cell saga ones (many stomps, and many blitzes in between), and that their stats remain still at 4-B because of the massive power difference between 4-B and 4-A. Unless that was not their purpose, then it's better for the pages to stay like what they are now.

No, the note was there because there was a sudden jump from 4-B to 4-A.

Anyway, I noticed that Azathoth seems to have removed the "Possibly MFTL" rating that Schutzendunkelziel inserted.

Does anybody remember why he inserted this in the first place?

Meaning: Should we truly remove this rating, and if we should, it should probably be removed consequently on all Dragon Ball profiles, not just a few of them.

@Ant he added this due to the Speed of Kid buu moving around destroying the Galaxy, I assume when characters got close enough to kid buu's level, they got the "Possibly MFTL" rating, so it should be removed

All right then. But then it should probably be removed from all the regular DB pages.

Btw: Would you be willing to help out with adjusting the pages and replacing the footnotes? I will have to do the daily monitoring backlog for a few hours, and don't have the energy for even more work.

Hey I know this is a little off topic but i thought i'd bring it up here instead of making a whole new thread, so anyway while searching through the DB profiles i came across Kuriza whose stats seems to be a bit outdated. his dura and ap should be around small star level and his speed should be ftl seeing as his profile says he's a little weaker than a super saiyan so him having stats worse than 1st form frieza makes little to no sense at all.

@Ant no problem, although I already had a quick look and the footnotes seem to have already been updated, ill check again for profiles not updated with it, though.

Antvasima said:
No, the note was there because there was a sudden jump from 4-B to 4-A.
Anyway, I noticed that Azathoth seems to have removed the "Possibly MFTL" rating that Schutzendunkelziel inserted.

Does anybody remember why he inserted this in the first place?

Meaning: Should we truly remove this rating, and if we should, it should probably be removed consequently on all Dragon Ball profiles, not just a few of them.
Ok, thanks.

About the MFTL thing, I remember it was because top Frieza saga characters were already like x15 FTL... and via power-scaling they reached MFTL (100+) between the Cell and Buu saga... but it could also be because the galaxy thing, maybe I should check the original speed upgrade thread to confirm this.

they didn't reach it, it was only listed as a possibly, which I can only imagine is due to the nature of the galaxy feat from buu.

LordAizenSama said:
they didn't reach it, it was only listed as a possibly, which I can only imagine is due to the nature of the galaxy feat from buu.
Oh yeah, that... it was because SSJ multipliers were not accepted, meaning they were "just" at least FTL+. Well I think I will go to sleep now. The downgrade doesn't matters that much anyways, it was for the Buu saga, and some characters are like billions x stronger now.

To be fair, I highly doubt that the bare minimum for destroying multiple solar systems requires literally trillions of supernova energy. That seems quite excessive to me. I can see kiloFoe and megaFoe and (maybe) low gigaFoe, but not THAT much.

Gerdkinerf said:
To be fair, I highly doubt that the bare minimum for destroying multiple solar systems requires literally trillions of supernova energy. That seems quite excessive to me. I can see kiloFoe and megaFoe and (maybe) low gigaFoe, but not THAT much.
It's because the energy has to actually reach another solar system in the same attack, which requires an immensely greater amount of energy.

I'm aware, but still.

BTW, just curious here, but what exactly makes using the frontal surface area / cross sectional area the most accurate for destroying solar systems? Wouldn't it make more sense using volume, since the planets being destroyed and the explosion itself are three-dimensional objects? I'm fairly certain I'm missing something important here, but I don't see how destroying the front of a planet equates to destroying the whole thing.

Gerdkinerf said:
I'm aware, but still.
BTW, just curious here, but what exactly makes using the frontal surface area / cross sectional area the most accurate for destroying solar systems? Wouldn't it make more sense using volume, since the planets being destroyed and the explosion itself are three-dimensional objects? I'm fairly certain I'm missing something important here, but I don't see how destroying the front of a planet equates to destroying the whole thing.
You can ask DontTalk, as I believe he had some involvement with the new value.

It is because what is required is an expanding shockwave or energy discharge. If it is powerful enough to destroy all the stars at the outer edges, it certainly was much more so when released from the epicentre. However, this is very off-topic, and we should return to the relevant issues.

Hmm. I checked with Google, and it seems like I only placed those footnotes in the higher ranked DBZ profiles, so we have apparently covered them all.

I apologize for being so late to this discussion, but I hope people don't mind if I give my two cents on the matter. I was planning to create this thread for a while, but real-life stuff kept coming up, so I requested Azathoth to go ahead with the thread instead.

My stance regarding the issue is the very same as Azathoth's, and I entirely agree with the thread OP (although it's a moot vote at this point-of-time). As noted by others (such as Faisal and Aize), there are logical discrepancies too massive to possibly fathom, let alone accept, with Buu's Galaxy-busting feat. And as Antvasima stated, we cannot accept factual inaccuracies in order to keep people pleased. VS Battles wiki is a statistic indexing site, which means downgrades are as much a part as upgrades in terms of content revision.

Hmm...I have gone through the entirety of this thread, and noticed a lot of posts, from Wbaez93 in particular, citing that Kai was "made canon" via indirect acknowledgement from Dragon Ball Super. Now, I don't want to pull at teeth here, since the matter already seems to have been settled, however please note that an acknowledgement gesture is by no means a "proof" of canonicity. It is quite obvious that any flashbacks will be obtained from Kai (how else will they depict flashbacks, using black-and-white manga panels?).

Kindly remember (and this is addressed to everyone in general), Dragon Ball Kai is, in the end, an adaptation of the original Dragon Ball manga, and in the end, will be only considered canon if it does not have statistics in contradiction to the manga. I believe I've already mentioned the same here.

Lastly, I cannot believe that there was such a lengthy, circular argument about the "canonicity" of Kai, which is, all things considered, was not even a factor of consideration with respect to the OP.

An inconsistency will be disregarded, IRRELEVANT OF CANONICITY.

@Azathoth: Thank you for sorting out this issue.

P.S.: There are a lot of members who approached me at some point or the other, regarding the inconsistencies of accepting Buu's Galaxy-busting feat. I would like to give due credit to be given to my friend SDZ, for first noticing this discrepancy, and bringing it to my attention.

I support the notion that writing off Kai as completely non-canon is a mistake. I really wish Akira was easier to contact so we could answer some of these questions permanently.

@Shock that doesn't even matter, when You Got Base Goku Stomping Super Perfect Cell over billions of times, and Fat Buu Billions of times, It would be disregarded, anyway. regardless of canonicity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back