• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Butters Glass Cannon Brackets: Round 1 Bubsy The Bobcat vs Johnny Joestar

Their made of glass, but punch like they're steel. Welcome to the Glass Cannon brackets! Our first round is going to be none other then Bubsy the Bobcat from The Bubsy series, Submitted by Psychomaster35, Going up against Johnny Joestar, from Jojos Bizarre Adventures, Submitted by Genericstickma

The Current Standings

Speed is equal

Johnny scales to Building level+ in AP, with Wall level durability

Bubsy scales up to Planet level AP, with Small Building level durability

That's all. Let's see these two fight each other to death!

Johnny Joestar: 7

Bubsy the Bobcat:

Inconclusive/Draw:

This is Act 3 Johnny, yes?

The portals are probably about as good as Tellah's warp stuff.

At a first glance I would say Tellah has the advantage via time shenanigans.

Ah, my round first. Just for the record, Tellah has very great magic casted within a few words, such as Stop, which literally stops Johnny in his tracks unable to od anything until the spell expires within about 30 seconds. But by that point, Tellah would already either cast a powerful spell like Firega/Blizzaga/Thundaga or even BFR Johnny through Warp. While he has a limited amount of MP, that is already enough to get the kill. I vote Tellah.

I forgot to put it. But I said his first key when I put it on it as I wasn't sure about the spatial manipulation and such things.

What's either's starting move? Also do spells like stop, toad, pig, shrink, and break have travel time? Tellah's time stuff seems to give a pretty sizable advantage.

Blahblah9755 said:
What's either's starting move? Also do spells like stop, toad, pig, shrink, and break have travel time? Tellah's time stuff seems to give a pretty sizable advantage.
See here for reference. And at Stop (1:18), it seems instant the moment the spell is chanted.

As for the starting move, usually whatever best move he has first (though Tellah wasnt really willing to use Meteor, as he knew he would die upon casting this, so he wanted to save this move on Golbez).

On a side note, looks like Tellah's gonna make everyone in this bracket as a SPOONY BARD! (I couldnt help it lol)

Normally, you'd have to chant the magic you are going to use to activate it. And it is usually the spell's name to activate it.

Usually as a first resort strategically, or if it doesnt work, he tries other moves. Alternatively, he can cast Libra to check out Johnny's stats, and once it reveals he isnt resistant to those moves, he's definitely going for it.

If that's a first resort. Then he might be a no no. Saying one word is not a few seconds. Which I was told his spells took a few seconds in order to be used. But as an opener, and instant the moment it's said, that's not even a second for some of his haxs and the best of them.

Buttersamuri said:
If that's a first resort. Then he might be a no no. Saying one word is not a few seconds. Which I was told his spells took a few seconds in order to be used. But as an opener, and instant the moment it's said, that's not even a second for some of his haxs and the best of them.
Oh...

Hows MCU Mysterio then?

He doesn't work. Things have building durability. And to my understanding on his battles. He doesn't show up himself. He uses several drones and keeps out of the battle. So he is a no no.

note. This is the only time I'm gonna allow a change this late. I only allowed this one since you had a replacement so quickly, and it's the very start of the tournament

Regarding a Tellah, Johnny was actually probably one of the few characters in the tournament who had a pretty good shot against him, since he could have still used his stand after being hit by toad, shrink, and pig, which Tellah wouldn't have expected, giving him a chance to catch him off guard and one shot. Also, how long does Bubsy's hax take? Since he seems to have a lot.

His helmet is done by verbal response or I think, thought. and then a second to a few to activate. But Bubsy doesn't really utilize the helmet in a super powerful way despite having the capability to. His reality warping doesn't help much at all. The rest are weapons he can use. So, typical time it would take to use them.

So, I assume Bubsy has to pull equipment out of somewhere, which means he takes slightly longer to act than Johnny. It also looks like Johnny slightly out ranges with stuff other than the helmet's reality warping. Though with speed equal, teleportation should be very useful for dodging. Will both immediately try to kill upon seeing each other?

Well. In character so yea. Teleportation isn't instant though. It doesn't seem that well controlled either by the link provided where he used it.

Voting Johnny, I guess? If Bubsy doesn't utilise his stuff well, I can see him just getting shot.

Back