• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B+/Low 8-A Tournament Round 1, Match 2: Buggy the Clown vs Johnny Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
First match is going a little slow, so I'll just make the second matchup to speed up the process.

Buggy the Clown (@SamanPatou) vs Johnny Test (Me)

8-B+ keys will be used for each character (East Blue Saga Buggy vs Base Johnny).

No equipment for Johnny (if he needs it to make it a fair fight, then we can give Johnny some of his equipment).

25 meter starting distance.

Speed will be equalized.

Fight takes place in the World Martial Arts Tournament.

2054486-originaltournament.jpg

Buggy: 7 (SamanPatou, Kachon123, Psychomaster35, Bruhtelho, frissen, TauanVictor, Acer__)

Johnny: 2 (Popted2, RandomGuy2345)

Inconclusive:

d975467b261c30ad9752206865ad8d54.jpg

wp1916940.jpg

Last edited:
How strong is Buggy's explosion manip? It says it uses Muggy balls, but doesn't explain what they are.

Ok. I'd assume that the Buggy bomb is basically something you throw at someone and then it explodes. How would Johnny react when someone tossed a bomb at him?
Even if he were hit with it, it wouldn't do much because the difference between Buggy's bomb and Johnny's AP is negligible, and the fact that Johnny is basically a tank.

Toon Force, Elasticity, and Immense Pain Tolerance make him tough to put down.

Even if he were hit with it, it wouldn't do much because the difference between Buggy's bomb and Johnny's AP is negligible, and the fact that Johnny is basically a tank.

Toon Force, Elasticity, and Immense Pain Tolerance make him tough to put down.
Then I'd probably support Johnny here for more hax and being a black belt martial artist, but I'll wait for the Buggy supporter before I vote

Ok. I'd assume that the Buggy bomb is basically something you throw at someone and then it explodes. How would Johnny react when someone tossed a bomb at him?
Yeah the muggy balls are the same bombs he used in east blue, only this time he learned how to condense their power and can fit them in his shoes where he can then kick them out at people as he wishes

Didn’t Johnny lose to Luffy previously? I’m sure Buggy would be comparable.
1. Johnny barely lost. Luffy's only wincon was outlasting Johnny. It would've been an Incon if Luffy couldn't outlast Johnny (though a good portion of people voted Incon).
2. That was with their 7-C keys. We're using 8-B keys here.
3. Buggy is far less haxy than Luffy, so it will be easier for Johnny to deal damage here than Luffy.

The AP difference here is negligible, and until someone can prove me wrong, I really don't see how Buggy can do any permanent damage to Johnny.

My vote is for Johnny.

The AP difference here is negligible, and until someone can prove me wrong, I really don't see how Buggy can do any permanent damage to Johnny.
How does Johnny's regen work? and how inconsistent it is?
Because elasticity gets bypassed by all the knives Buggy uses, unless Johnny's proved himself impervious to being cut.

And what does Johnny usually does in combat?

Buggy's first move would likely be throwing several knives, and if they get avoided, he'd try to use his fruit powers to catch the opponent by surprise and cut them with more knives.
Some examples are throwing his legs like boomerangs or make his hands full of knives fly towards the opponent, and generally fly around and bash the enemy with his body parts. He also has a technique (of which I can't find a clip) with which he storms the opponent with many body parts flying at the same time.
For example, due to the huge LS difference, Johnny wouldn't be able to stop this.

And even tho he is vulnerable to blunt force, he has shown to be able to deattach his body parts to avoid incoming attacks.
Buggy is really full of himself and cocky, but he still was somewhat of a trouble for Luffy, and in their fight he had to deal with more people at the same time that distracted him, and Luffy was still a good deal stronger than him. This to say that Buggy isn't really incompetent.

How does Johnny's regen work? and how inconsistent it is?
It's the kind of regen where the person is visibly shown on screen with an injury (let's assume that Johnny lost a limb), and the very next scene, they are shown to be just fine. Johnny has been shown on quite a few occasions to be wearing a cast on his arm (showing that the arm is broken), but then is shown to be just fine in the very next scene. To prove how inconsistent, there was an episode dedicated to Johnny having a broken foot, so he won't be constantly regenerating a broken bone. Even then, his Pain Tolerance allows him to ignore injuries such as fractures and concussions and keep on fighting, so a broken bone won't matter much.

And what does Johnny usually does in combat?
He goes H2H in base form, and of course, his Toon Force will be helping him here.

Buggy's first move would likely be throwing several knives, and if they get avoided, he'd try to use his fruit powers to catch the opponent by surprise and cut them with more knives.
Johnny has shown to be very elusive, so this likely won't work.

Some examples are throwing his legs like boomerangs or make his hands full of knives fly towards the opponent, and generally fly around and bash the enemy with his body parts. He also has a technique (of which I can't find a clip) with which he storms the opponent with many body parts flying at the same time.
For example, due to the huge LS difference, Johnny wouldn't be able to stop this.
Refer to what I said above. Johnny can also use his Body Control, which allows him to fit in things as small as a vacuum cleaner, and it can even let him avoid decapitation.

And even tho he is vulnerable to blunt force, he has shown to be able to deattach his body parts to avoid incoming attacks.
Fair, but Johnny can do the same to an extent (refer to the comment I said above).

It's the kind of regen where the person is visibly shown on screen with an injury (let's assume that Johnny lost a limb), and the very next scene, they are shown to be just fine. Johnny has been shown on quite a few occasions to be wearing a cast on his arm (showing that the arm is broken), but then is shown to be just fine in the very next scene. To prove how inconsistent, there was an episode dedicated to Johnny having a broken foot, so he won't be constantly regenerating a broken bone. Even then, his Pain Tolerance allows him to ignore injuries such as fractures and concussions and keep on fighting, so a broken bone won't matter much.
What gives him High-Low regen, tho? Because just healing broken bones is mid-low at best depending on how broken they are.
It should be useful, yes, but it should also be overcomed by severe stabbing and cuts if it were to happen.
Pain tolerance is good for him, tho.

Fitting into small things would only give him advantage if he were to enter something like, cracks of the floor of the arena, which admittedly could be formed.
Hiding the head is good for him.

Overall, they are somewhat matched in some aspects.
Both can control their body to avoid attacks, have very good mobility via acrobatics or flight (Buggy can also turn into a car).

Imho, I see Buggy having the advantage because of his knives, since he has many of them, even hidden in his shoes, while Johnny is limited to hand-to-hand, which also can be countered by Buggy deattaching his body to become a more difficult target to hit, flying around, having superior LS (to grab him, which is something he does in-character, or push his bladed fists into him) and being able to attack Johnny from multiple angles.
Said knives should also perform good against elasticy and regen, since being stabbed, cut and loosing blood should still heavily hinder Johnny, especially if he gets hit in vital spots.
Pain tolerance would help, but the body would still suffer and have worse performances.

I'm not sure... Johnny has a wanked profile I feel like so Johnny fra but if it wasn't wanked and was accurate, buggy fra

How applicable is Johnny's teleportation here? Like, if he got grabbed, could he just teleport out?
From what I see on Johnny's profile it is more of a situational gag (something like this) rather than an actual combat applicable ability.

What gives him High-Low regen, tho? Because just healing broken bones is mid-low at best depending on how broken they are.
It should be useful, yes, but it should also be overcomed by severe stabbing and cuts if it were to happen.
Pain tolerance is good for him, tho.
Here's some further elaboration. Johnny is clearly shown to have a concussion and a broken arm, but during the very next scene, Johnny was shown to be perfectly fine. Here's another one. Johnny was shown to be concussed and to have a broken arm, and after taking even more damge in the next scene, Johnny was shown to hold up a photon blaster, despite having a broken arm. In the next scene, he's shown to be perfectly fine. It seems like Johnny can "heal" broken bones in likely a few minutes, and can even ignore the pain as well.

Fitting into small things would only give him advantage if he were to enter something like, cracks of the floor of the arena, which admittedly could be formed.
Hiding the head is good for him.
That's going to be hard for Buggy to bypass as well.

Imho, I see Buggy having the advantage because of his knives, since he has many of them, even hidden in his shoes, while Johnny is limited to hand-to-hand, which also can be countered by Buggy deattaching his body to become a more difficult target to hit, flying around, having superior LS (to grab him, which is something he does in-character, or push his bladed fists into him) and being able to attack Johnny from multiple angles.
Johnny should have no problem avoiding these attacks due to how elusive he is. Attacking from multiple angles won't be a problem. He can also use his Body Control to hide in the little cracks of the arena to avoid the knives. Grabbing Johnny is going to very hard to do due to Body Control, Acrobatics, and Johnny's small stature. Johnny's evasive/elusive hax will be able to avoid Buggy's attacks. Even if he does get stabbed once, Johnny can still fight on via Pain Tolerance.

Has he ever done it under duress though?
1. This is my first time ever seeing that word.
2. No. Best argument I can make is that he might do it when he absolutely needs to.

This link shows that Johnny teleported to the lab when he needed something from his sisters, so maybe if he absolutely needs to avoid the attack, then maybe I can see him teleporting?

Other than that, he doesn't use TP in character in base form. He only spams TP when he's in his Johnny X outfit.

That's going to be hard for Buggy to bypass as well.
Yes, but Johnny wouldn't stay hidden forever, and it all depends on whether or not the floor gets damaged, which isn't necessarily going to happen, nor Johnny would use it at his advantage.

Johnny should have no problem avoiding these attacks due to how elusive he is. Attacking from multiple angles won't be a problem. He can also use his Body Control to hide in the little cracks of the arena to avoid the knives. Grabbing Johnny is going to very hard to do due to Body Control, Acrobatics, and Johnny's small stature. Johnny's evasive/elusive hax will be able to avoid Buggy's attacks. Even if he does get stabbed once, Johnny can still fight on via Pain Tolerance.
Those are good maneuvers, but nothing too crazy, and Johnny not having troubles from being stormed by flying body parts, some armed with knives (which can be thrown), is a groundless assumption. I'm not saying he wouldn't be able to avoid attacks, but he surely isn't going to pull an Ultra Instinct on them.
The arena normally doens't have crack, that's just the interspace between the tiles, but even then, it would provide temporary protection and nothing really says Johnny would do it, and even then, he wouldn't do anything to Buggy either.
Grabbing Johnny is still possible, since he must approach Buggy physically, meaning he must get close, and in the meantime he has to deal with the aforementioned things.
Johnny could still push through with pain tolerance, but the blood loss would still hinder his performances, and it still depends on where he gets stabbed, since wounds in various organs and spots have different effects.

And still, Johnny's only option is physical combat, against which Buggy has his own countermeasures, since the entirety of his body (save for the feet) can fly freely,

Those are all situational gags (and the last two could be time/scene skips (especially the third one, since he has the backpack and a different stance), very different from him being consistently able to appear elsewhere at will.

Yeah, I feel like Johnny will sustain too much injury before making it to CQC for him to win, even if we assume he has the advantage in CQC through skill and toon force. I'll vote Buggy for this reason and FRA

Idk how to feel about that elusiveness being a deciding factor in dodging these knifes. The difference is those lasers aren't under any risk of suddenly changing positioning and rapidly firing at a blind spot or vital point unlike Buggy's knives which would be moving in a constant, unpredictable manner. This is while Buggy still has options from getting himself directly involved with grabs (which he can set up for throws like his Aerial Spinning Big Circus) Johnny gonna be forced to pay attention to alongside the knives coming at him from various angles. Are there any other feats showcasing elusiveness that could support him dealing with the knives and grabs?

Last edited:
I want to point out that Buggy doesn't have access to the Muggy Balls in this key, since the smaller ones were shown only when he was on Impel Down.
The 8-B key covers his first appearances, during which the balls where cannonballs that had to be fired with a cannon, so I doubt they would have any role in this battle.

I want to point out that Buggy doesn't have access to the Muggy Balls in this key, since the smaller ones were shown only when he was on Impel Down.
The 8-B key covers his first appearances, during which the balls where cannonballs that had to be fired with a cannon, so I doubt they would have any role in this battle.
Gotcha

Yes, but Johnny wouldn't stay hidden forever, and it all depends on whether or not the floor gets damaged, which isn't necessarily going to happen, nor Johnny would use it at his advantage.
Well, Johnny has Stealth Mastery, so it'd be even harder for Buggy to track where he's at. Johnny can definitely use this to his advantage.

Those are good maneuvers, but nothing too crazy, and Johnny not having troubles from being stormed by flying body parts, some armed with knives (which can be thrown), is a groundless assumption. I'm not saying he wouldn't be able to avoid attacks, but he surely isn't going to pull an Ultra Instinct on them.
Moving like that while in mid air to avoid complex security systems should be enough to avoid a few knives and body parts flying at you. Even if he can't, he can still use his Body Control to avoid it every time, making the projectiles virtually useless. Considering that Johnny also has Ninja DNA, going by this, hiding from Buggy to avoid attacks and detection would be a perfect strategy for Johnny, as stealth is the essence of ninjutsu.
To further support my claim, this link states the following: "The ninja used their art to ensure their survival in a time of violent political turmoil. Ninjutsu included methods of gathering information and techniques of non-detection, avoidance, and misdirection. Ninjutsu involved training in freerunning, disguise, escape, concealment, archery, and medicine." Freerunning will make it easier for Johnny to avoid Buggy's body parts and/or knives. Freerunning allows you to create your own moves, flows, and lines in different landscapes. People who freerun can also interact with physical obstacles in creative ways, such as running, jumping, and climbing. This will make avoiding Buggy's attacks even easier.

The arena normally doens't have crack, that's just the interspace between the tiles, but even then, it would provide temporary protection and nothing really says Johnny would do it, and even then, he wouldn't do anything to Buggy either.
Refer to what I said above.

Grabbing Johnny is still possible, since he must approach Buggy physically, meaning he must get close, and in the meantime he has to deal with the aforementioned things.
Johnny could still push through with pain tolerance, but the blood loss would still hinder his performances, and it still depends on where he gets stabbed, since wounds in various organs and spots have different effects.
Same as the previous comment.

And still, Johnny's only option is physical combat, against which Buggy has his own countermeasures, since the entirety of his body (save for the feet) can fly freely,
Which Johnny should have little to no trouble avoiding.

(and the last two could be time/scene skips (especially the third one, since he has the backpack and a different stance)
The second one wasn't a time skip. Johnny and Dukey both teleport to the lab when they want to go there. The third one you got a bit confused on. I wasn't talking about the scene where Johnny has his backpack on, I'm talking about when the bus comes, and Johnny is shown to be behind the tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back