• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Breath of the Wild potential profiles discussion

The bomb part I agree with because of the... Transitive property, I think it's called...? But Ganon? Just because I can stab a giant beast who can destroy galaxies doesn't necessarily make me Galaxy level. The beast's durability has to be confirmed. That is-- if you care enough to ******* go that far... That's the problem with Power Scaling-- it doesn't work unless the series establishes an environment that implies or outright confirms that all of the character's stats increase as the power... Scale... Gets larger. I mean, DBZ is the prime example-- it's heavily implied that if you can hurt Frieza, you can take hits from frieza-- based on the nature of the power ups and transformations that up all stats and these stats being consistently shown from fights with later enemies... But, yeah, if he can take blows from ganon, then cool, but that doesn't mean he has ganon's damage output.

Ganondorf in OOT could tank his own magic which gives him moon level durability, Calamity Ganon is superior to OOT Ganondorf, Link in BOTW cam harm and take hits from Ganon so he scales to him.

That's not how the third law of phsyics works, @Amexim. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. If I can punch with galactic force, then I physically have to be able to take galactic force.

Except that's not how fiction lets shit work. There are tons of characters that do crazy shit physically, but aren't able to take those same blows. I figured you would know that fiction handwaves normal laws. Granted, I don't have actual examples rn, but I know that that isn't how you scale characters. By that logic, people who take damage on a galactic scale should be able to punch at that level. Another example of **** physics is DBZ-- where the only reason they can fight each other without destroying the planet is... Because... Ki control?

Well, we count this as regrettable inherent inconsistencies. As long as a character can strike with a certain force, and withstand blows from similarly powerful characters, they have to be of the same durability.

Of course, which is a showing in it of itself. I'm just being a skeptic, that's all. But, to contribute, Ganon being affected by Stasis Hax... Does that make Link's AP go up? Also, as a side note, how do we determine hax resistance for high and god tier characters. Like-- ok, so, Itachi has Tsukuyomi, and we all know how that works. If we assume it would work on characters regardless of posession of Chakra, would it be able to affect Beerus? This is important, because the level and limits of hax a character has can determine a lot of things-- viability against "stronger" characters is one of them. Do we go by-- basically, if Beerus has no feats proving he's resistant to mind hax, he's assumed to be vulnerable? I mean, that's a safer or balanced assumption, but Itachi hasn't mind ****** Universal Gods. The burden of proof would be on the person using Hax. Just a thought about stasis.

Well, I do not particularly have an opinion regarding the issue. It is hard to compare different fictions based on unproven assumptions.

Considering Stasis+ is shown to shorten in duration the stronger something is, it's not as if it would be very useful against things out of Link's league, anyway.

That said, Stasis+ is actually quite interesting in that, unlike regular timestop, it specifically does not allow any force to be exerted on an object until time resumes. For instance, if you freeze something with Stasis+ and hit it 12 times before it is unfrozen, it will be as if the force of all 12 of those hits was caused by a single hit, making timestop damage-stacking actually viable.

I do not know. Calamity Ganon seems to be pretty closely linked to Demise, and his defeat required the four Divine Beasts + Link wielding the Bow of Light and Master Sword + Zelda using Hylia's magic.

So just gonna give my thoughts on Calamity Crenado.

I think Calamity Ganon is being used too broadly here, instead of adding one new key to Ganondorfs profile I think we should have two, Calamity Ganon (His spider form) and Dark Beast Ganon. The game itself only refers to his first form as the Calamity, but once he turns into his true form the game ditches that title and instead calls him the Dark Beast. The game also makes it clear that there is quite the gap in power between the different forms.

Link could fight and defeat Ganon first form, hell, some of Links attacks such as Urbosas Fury can cripple him for a few seconds. But once Ganon becomes the Dark Beast Link stands no chance without Zeldas help seeing how none of his attacks including Light Arrows unless Zelda weakens Ganon and creates weak points.

"Ganon was born out of a dark past, he is a pure embodiment of the ancient evil that is reborn time and time again. He has given up on reincarnation and assumed his pure enraged form"

"After Ganon was defeated by Link, the remaining Malice pulled itself together to form this bestial creature. Its appearance and fiendish magic earned it the name of Dark Beast. This form is considered to be Ganon's original, although in this state, his awareness has been consumed entirely by Malice, and all he knows is a desire to rampage and destroy."

These quotes pretty much cement Dark Beast Ganon scaling to Demise, however his first form and end game Link are piss compared to Dark Beast Ganon. This also looks like it gives Calamity Ganon Regenerationn saying how he pulled himself together to form the Dark Beast (And seeing how he turned to mist after collapsing during the first phase it would be Mid-High level). Of course it could just be a fancy transformation thing.

So Dark Beast Ganon would be at least 4-C via scaling to Demise, but I'm stumped as to where Spider Ganon would be ranked, but considering Zelda struggled to contain him and she can also briefly restrain Dark Beast Ganon, Spider Ganon should also be in the tier 4 range, just on a lower scale as Zelda could restrain him for a century as opposed to the half a minute she can hold back the Dark Beast.

Wouldn't this just add to his general profile too? Second, there's the problem of trying to find out the strength of the blights. It's broken, because they scale to EoG link, who scale to the Spider Ganon.

Maybe scale the Blights to the divine beasts? They were able to possess them and it is implied that they (beasts) may be sentient, that or they're just machines that aren't quite understood by the champions so they talk to them when it's actually commands of sorts. Plus possessing machines being a scale of power is wonky as is. But if they do itd equate to over 1/8th of calamity ganon's power each.

@Peter

We already had a discussion about guardian lasers and, even if they are real, that wouldn't get a higher result than what Link already has.

Plus they only move about 100 m/s, you can see this really well if you find videos of long range guardian reflections.

What level are the Divine Beasts? Maybe, like, Mountain or something, because of (the lizard one)? Them being able to affect city sized areas is a big showing too.

Actually what about calcing the Divine Beast's lasers speed, they crossed all of Hyrule Castle in under a second and Calamity Ganon had enough time to look up at them when they were within the castle.

Back