• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Breath of the Wild potential profiles discussion

Azathoth_the_Abyssal_Idiot

VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
So recently, I've been playing a ton of the new LoZ. I've beaten the main story and am now workingon completing all side quests and shrines. However, I noticed we don't have profiles for any of the characters, and I'd like to change that. This is a place for anyone who has played the game or watched a playthrough to put anything that might help with stats for the characters. I'll start with a few things I noticed while playing that could be useful.

• Calamity Ganon is canonically the strongest and most pure incarnation of Ganon. Dark Beast Ganon, his "second phase", is even implied to potentially be the original form of Ganon, somehow placing him before Ganondorf, though this is uncertain.
  • While the timeline for the game is unknown, we know Ocarina of Time occurred, as Princess Ruto is mentioned in the Zora's history and Urbosa mentions Calamity Ganon once having assumed the form or a Gerudo.
  • The Divine Beasts scale to Calamity Ganon. The four working in tandem demonstrated the power to nearly cripple him. Guardians somewhat scale, but only in large numbers. Speaking of which...
  • A large group of Guardians nearly killed Link in his prime. Link was only saved when Zelda awakened her sacred power and expelled Ganon's influence, which deactivated them.
  • Ganon creates four Phantoms, one for each Divine Beast. Each of the four demonstrates control over one elemental power (lightning, water, fire, air) and were able to take over the gargantuan constructs and kill their champions. I am unsure of exactly how strong they should be on their own, but they're quite powerful.
  • Link is severely weakened when he wakes up from his hundred year coma, but we do get some decent things to scale him to. Such as...
  • Wizrobes, who show surprisingly good feats. Electric Wizrobes can create thunderstorms and fire Wizrobes can raise local temperature hot enough that Link can catch fire. These are explicitly shown to be the exact same as both natural thunderstorms and blistering temperatures, and even disappear once you kill the Wizrobes, so they're definitely legit and created from their own power. These Wizrobes aren't even the strongest of their kind, and are fodder enemies Link can kill with ease rather early after awakening.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dark Beast Ganon is stated to be his true form and Zelda also mentions that he was born of a dark past when talking about his power (Clearly referring to Demise) so he should be scaled to Demise. However he gains a weakness in that he gave up his state of being to achieve this form and only knows destruction (Basically he's about as intelligent as his botched resurrection form in the Oracle games).

In regards to the timeline there's more references pointing to the Adult or Downfall Timeline as opposed to the single reference to Twilight Princess so I'd say it's likely in the Adult Timeline.

Divine Beasts are good to scale from Calmity Crenado.

Guardians are also good to scale when in large numbers.

The Various "Blights" would be at the very least Island level due to being superior to fodder like Dodongos.

Wizzrobes seem good, if the thunderstorm thing can be calced that be great (I'd expect Tier 7 range at least).

I'm not sure how the champions would be rated, all we know is that they were killed by the Blights. Zelda can stagger and leave weak points on Dark Beast Ganon via her magic, so I think she should be "Unknown physically, at least 4-C with magic"

Ganon should also have poison manipulation as his Malice made various ponds and small lakes poisonous bogs, and would his possession of the Divine Beasts be possession or technology manipulation?

Also Azzy how you finding the game so far, after beating it myself it's easily my tied favourite in the franchise along with MM. Only real complaints I have is that it rains way too often so I can't climb cliffs and the actual fight with Ganon was lacking (Calamity Ganon was decent, Dark Beast Ganon is arguably easier than god damned King Dodongo).

Shouldnt a divine beast be like 1/8th of calamity ganon' s dura in ap? Four can take off half his health bar. Probably gameplay mechanics but it's there just in case.

My problem with the scaling of the verse is that the ratings of AP and Speed and Striking strength are very hard to find the source of. For example, Composite Link is star Level, which is scaled from Demise, when Link has never shown anything close to that-- being fair, he has swapped Blows with Girahim, who was flamboyantly superhuman-- so he's clearly not peak human, but still, the scaling doesn't actually add up. And the speed ratings don't convey how physically fast link is-- a simple "Relativistic" rating is confusing because it looks like they think link can run that fast, when it's only reactions.

For starters, I'd say that Link has Massively Hypersonic+ reactions/combat speed and likely superhuman movement-- the later cause... I dunno, he seems to be Superior to all other humans in Hyrule physically, and peak human suggests any human with excercise could do his job. If you need more, i'd say that we could scale off of the Yiga clan ninjas who should be at least superhuman, but again, it's not really showcased well-- I mean hypothetically speaking, you make a Yiga ninja dash after you, he'll catch up when you sprint normally. But, I can hand wave that...?

What? No. That's not even Supersonic. It's barely Subsonic. Granted, the dude is relativistic, but definitely not for that.

@Dust Collector

It's easily one of my favorites alongside MM. My complaints are all relatively minor. I initially was annoyed with lightning strikes, which meant you couldn't use ANYTHING metal for a variable period of time, but it was a non-issue once I got the rubber armor and thunder helm.

Rain can piss off and die.

@Cal

Thunderblight Ganon vs Link could be one of the most hilarious cases of potential circular scaling, as they can blitz each other in the same battle. lol

The real cal howard said:
What? No. That's not even Supersonic. It's barely Subsonic. Granted, the dude is relativistic, but definitely not for that.
Really? I was told making afterimages made you Massively Hypersonic. By someone who scaled the same scenario.

No. First, I think the Thunderblight is implied to be Lightning Speed, which is why I'd agree with Massively Hypersonic+. Second, that Onox feat has and still is being debated about-- and it real of ******* fish when you think about how Onox never once used that speed against Link in their fight, and him "appearing as/in/from" a lightning bolt and moving as a slow ass tornado doesn't seem like a good indicator... I'd say it's just a flashy entrance because of a lack of consistent showings. I know the tech is limited for the Gameboy, but if he used an attack that turned him into a lightning bolt-- no matter how slow it looks-- I'd accept it, but as is now, I need more. I'm more partial to him being as fast as a moving arrow or something ala Zelda 1.

If worse comes to worse ya could always compare lightning in botw to links slow mo speed. Personally I'm fine with what it's currently at anyway which I think has added support from beamos speed.

The problem is that it doesn't really help determine movement speed though. I think Links should be rated at Superhuman in speed to safely lowball. Reactions stay the same, just clarify the movement speed, and find something better to compare it to. Isn't Ganon supposed to be fast? Unless that's teleporting, use that. I hope it's not scaled off of onox... It's all very weird, but I'm down with pixel scaling I guess-- even though we all know the writers didn't intend him to be light speed. We can say **** it to wank-- or we could be real and say that it's likely it's just aim dodging and shit. Now the dodge and blitz thing on Thunderblight, that might be short Burst speed-- but again, we could say **** it and go with MH+ because it's basically the same thing...? My only problems are the nature of these meticulous calcs-- but sometimes I can believe it because it fits with my view of the series-- like how they do the ******* Final Fantasy characters. I know they're fast, these calc just gives me unintentional validation.

I think that I will stay out of this thread, as my brother might buy me Breath of the Wild in the near future.

The only thing with rpg's is that the battle system tends to be vague enough to use scaling alone-- cause if they do have superspeeds, dbz antics are implied-- but any series looked at with enough skepticism and almost all calcs and scaling that come from us, so... This is all subjective anyway. I think Link deserve at least superhuman stats at any rate. There are flashbacks of him blitzing yiga clan people after Zelda, and him destroying an army of monsters, all of which are vastly superior to the humans on the field-- who are likely peak human-- cause why would you go outside if you weren't able to defend yourself in the first place-- and they seem to have weapon training as well. I can't find anything to justify a higher movement speed rating other than MHS+ short burst speed. Any objections...?

How about strength? He's definitely superhuman there too-- with his weapons he's able to toss a Guardian on its back, don't know what that is exactly, but clearly impossible for any of us to do, so...?

Actually, regular Hylians are already at least superhuman.

In Skyward Sword, beginning Link was smacked by a tornado and launched miles away into Skyloft where he hit the ground. A few hours of rest and he was back to climbing walls again. This is important because nobody was very surprised that Link did this. Also, Skyloft itself is in a near vacuum due to being above any cloud.

This has been somewhat consistent through the other Zelda games.

Not that it matters as it's be a extreme lowball but in BOTW Link can cover like 20ft in a short burst when ya do the bullet timing right, did once or twice against a Lynel and Link covered quite a bit if distance.

Anyways I think Azzy's suggestions seem fine, but:

"While the Divine Beasts are ultimately weaker, they wouldn't be eight times weaker."

Why not exactly? That's literally what we see, and it'd barely affect their tier anyway on a scale as high as Ganon's.

Also the way I see it:

Remote Bombs are Small Building Level each

Stasis works on beings up to Large Building Level

Even Tree Branches are Wall Level

Link himself should be Large Building Level in both Attack Potency and Durability, Potions and Armor can elevate these to City Block Level

Super Ascended Sean Pazdera said:
Also the way I see it:

Remote Bombs are Small Building Level each

Stasis works on beings up to Large Building Level

Even Tree Branches are Wall Level

Link himself should be Large Building Level in both Attack Potency and Durability, Potions and Armor can elevate these to City Block Level
What justification is there for theses stats? The remote bombs shouldn't be weaker than any other bombs in the series, Stasis works on any enemy in the game including Calamity Ganon, unless you're implying Calamity Ganon is weaker than any other regular boss in the franchise, and same goes for Link, why is he Large Building level?

Even if you're referring to start of game Link when he just reawakens from his 100 year nap, it doesn't make sense for him to be hundreds of times weaker than the likes Child Link from OOT. Sures he not as strong as he used to be but Large Building level is stretching it.

Remote Bombs are only able to destroy things that are the size of a small building or below. Just because other Bombs exist that are stronger does not mean they are automatically equal, as the two have never been compared.

That I didn't know and it should be higher.

I'm going by damage output and actual feats from Breath of the Wild, no other game included because there's no reason to change stats based on what other Links can do.

All bombs in the series are accepted to be the same in terms of power, which is why fodder like Dodongos are High 7-A as opposed to Low 7-C, Remote Bombs in BOTW should be no weaker than any other bombs in the series. And as for Large Building level Link, are you referring to when he reawakens from his 100 year slumber? If that's the case then fair enough, you could argue he doesn't scale to other Links, but by the time he faces one of the Blights he should be Island level as the Blights should be superior to Dodongos and by the end of the game he fought and defeated Ganon.

On a related note I think BOTW Link should have 2 keys:

Reawakened | Recovered Memories/Regained Power

When Link first awakens he's too weak to claim the Master Sword and is told by Impa that he'll likely get his shit kicked in by Crenado if he doesn't reclaim the Divine Beasts and the Master Sword. The true ending requires Link to obtain all his memories, free the Beasts, claim the Master Sword, get the crown, save the town and Mr Krabs. So that means that he needs those to canonically defeat Ganon.

I agree with some of your points; there was a point in which Skyward Sword Link was too weak to get the Master Sword as well.

Side notes:

How are all Bombs accepted to be the same? I don't think the Groosenator's bombs would be at the same level of power as SS Link's regular bombs.

I'm referring to any time, he doesn't get much stronger between the two, though I could be mistaken.

Are you talking about King Dodongo or regular Dodongos?

Gonna point out that BotW's bombs dhould likely scale to other bombs regardless, as they were made by the most advanced group in the setting, thus far.

But that doesn't answer his physical strength though. I mean, you could say that because he can damage dodongos with bombs-- and hurt their King with his sword in OoT-- so it kinda relates to his striking strength. Only problem is, we don't know the durability of goes exactly. But, like, if someone was willing to calc based off of (A. his Greatsword/Hammer/Axe charged shockwave attack. B. Assuming him taking down a Hinox would be equal to taking out a human of that size. And C. If we can figure out how to scale a feat like fighting an army single handedly would be the best way.

Links physical strength scales to his bombs. The different Blights in the game can easily withstand explosions from these bombs and Link can harm them with his regular weapons, and even if we ignore the bombs he still scales to Ganon by the end of the game.

I don't get what your point is, all the Links having different power doesn't mean much since BOTW Link would be scaled to his bombs and eventually Ganon.

Back