• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boruto General Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember that the Discussion Rules says: Do not make any stats revision threads about Naruto, Boruto and Bleach as these verses are currently being analyzed by the staff in order to properly scale the characters and feats. Because feats from Boruto could affect ratings from Naruto characters. Also we follow the Manga and not the Anime.

Boruto's scaling wont effect naruto, there's a reason we could appply powers to hokage naruto, i know what you mean but in this case it doesnt effect the revision thread at all as it only applies to boruto.

When did we start following the anime instead of the manga. Earth style was just added to Adult Naruto's profile based on the latest chapter of the manga. It doesn't make any sense to only follow the anime.

's

UchihaVision said:
Why do we follow the Dragonball anime but not the Boruto one?
Because DBS Anime came first and is directly stated to be a continuation of the DB Manga.

Ok so looks like we now have our first anime reference from the manga (second if you consider the blood prison reference from the last arc or third if you consider the raiga references from Naruto). In chapter 17, when Boruto is speaking to Ao, he references the fact that while he was in the academy, his class went on a field trip to the mist village. Where are they in the anime right now - the mist village. So do we finally have enough to justify the anime as the main canon or are there still doubts?

The fact that a bunch of ninjas thinks start to start a war is something that it was not mentioned in the manga, if that event is refenced to have happened in the manga, then it will be canon.

No but the field trip to the mist village was mentioned. What else could Boruto be referring to? And besides, I highly doubt another ninja war is getting started before the kids are even out of the academy. Most likely the mist village arc in the anime will wrap up in a few episodes with basically nothing happening .

Boruto said about the trip to the mist village, but i'd like more a mention about the major event about these ninjas that wanted to start if war, even if they will get stomped soon.

Yeah, it would be better to not have something vague as "went on a school trip". Referencing something of actual substance will make the anime's canonicity more concrete.

Why isn't it? It's all the confirmation we need that the anime is canon too, it's just the manga started way ahead of the anime in plot, chronologically speaking and the anime is currently filling us in on what happened before, it contradicts nothing.

I'd like to just say I don't mind using the anime if it's canon but it cannot differ from the manga or else we have a problem. Yes the manga started ahead so you can say that the anime is just filling is in but things could switch up like that. I'd prefer to wait and see how the anime does the manga as things could change.

Why not use the anime for parts not shown in the manga? And if both the anime and manga go over parts shown in the manga then we use the manga. That way nothing is contradicted especially in terms of us using it

Then once the anime overtakes the manga, the anime should take precedence.

It's better to wait that the two continuities later don't end up contraddicting eachother.

Y'all heard about the new 7 Ninja Swordsman of the Mist?. I swear they better say how they got those blades because most of those where taken by others at the end of Shippuden.

@LordGriffin1000, I'm about 90% sure Suigetsu handed the blades he collected back to the Mist and the other ninja returned what the edo 7 ninia swordsmen left behind when the jutsu was ended. That may have been:

1. a show of good faith from the other villages to the mist as they were working out their peace treaty

2. Suigetsu may have been forced by the leaf as part of his penance to return any blades he had as to avoid prison along with the rest of the oro group.

I don't think we saw Samehada though so it is still probably with Bee. I imagine the Mist allowed Bee to keep it because Kisame tried to kill him and Samehada seems to favor Bee.

On another note: Can we start taking the anime as canon once it goes over momoshiki arc? I know there will be minor changes compared to the manga like Toneri is going to be included but that should be enough time to come to a conclusion plus all the info that we already have.

Honestly, I don't know why there is so much skepticism about what's canon in Naruto Verse, especially when you have valid statements from the author.

Kodachi is the Author of Boruto and is doing the story for the Anime. As far as I'm concerned, by Kodachi's statement, Boruto's reference and Kodachi's involvement, what's Canon in the Anime starts from the Field Trip Arc, nothing else prior unless stated or referenced.

Gaiden is an adaptation, the Manga Version takes priority. Nothing prior to the Field Trip arc is canon yet as nothing has been referenced.

Naruto Time Line & Canicity should be:

Kakashi Gaiden > Naruto Part 1 > Naruto Part 2 > Mitsuki Gaiden > Gaiden Manga > Field Trip Arc Onwards > Start of the Boruto Manga.

Go look at Boruto and Mitsuki vs Shizuma on youtube. Episode 31 is where the arc reaches its climax. The fight was cool for them and Boruto showed of his jutsu.

Sarada vs that electricity girl and fight from the last episode was great,animation was also good,but in general its still very bad and painful to watch(at least for me).Samehada is cute)

Seems like Sumire shows up in the chapter, which should probably cement the fact that the anime is canon. Here are some of the raws for the next chapter.
N2aUXrVGv3E

If they know her because of said anime event and Boruto uses the Byakugan then yes, but it's better to wait for the Naruto revisions to have finished before using the Boruto Anime, which is mostly composed of episodes where barely anything happens.

Dark649 said:
If they know her because of said anime event and Boruto uses the Byakugan then yes, but it's better to wait for the Naruto revisions to have finished before using the Boruto Anime, which is mostly composed of episodes where barely anything happens.
Not blaming anyone but to be honest at this rate the Naruto revisions aren't going to finish for a few years, considering there have been no revisions for months essentially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back