• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boruto General Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Anime character showing up in manga
  • Main character reference Anime arc
  • Author of series who also does the story for the Anime states the MC's reference was to the Anime
And yet, people are still skeptical, what in the actual f***! lol

I don't remember, but what is going to change in the profiles if we accept the anime as canon apart from Boruto special eye?.

Dark649 said:
I don't remember, but what is going to change in the profiles if we accept the anime as canon apart from Boruto special eye?.
A lot of profiles. We'd have more profiles first of all and higher ratings, some of the Genin would get slight upgrades like Boruto to Hypersonic+ via scaling to Shino. The manga profiles are lacking in detail which would be added with anime being taken as canon. PLUS the anime is eventually going to overtake the manga, new feats will come which might upgrade the verse.

We cannot revise the Boruto Part until the Naruto Revision will be over since it's going to scale to the Naruto Part, which they better not scale from the feats we currently have because they are inaccurate and under revisions, and it's still a mess even with feats we already have, which is going to be worst with the Boruto ones.

Dark649 said:
We cannot revise the Boruto Part until the Naruto Revision will be over since it's going to scale to the Naruto Part, which they better not scale from the feats we currently have because they are inaccurate and under revisions, and it's still a mess even with feats we already have, which is going to be worst with the Boruto ones.
I thought Gwynn was in charge of the revisions and if i remember correctly he has now left.

Well, you can also help them by linking things in their walls, also Boruto related.

i think we should leave boruto scaling last, we cant scale them properly now anyway cause they would be scaled off of the old stats.

so for timeline reference, the anime takes roughly place 5 years before the Momoshiki arc. This is a bit weird, how old is boruto int he anime then? like 10, there's no way his 15 in the during the momoshiki arc, ill look into this more.

First Arc = 10 years after the war (Stated)

Field Trip Arc = 14+ years after the war (iirc, it was stated)

• In Arc 1, Boruto would be 6 years old
  • In FT Arc, Boruto would be 10-11 years old.
The Gaiden Anime Adaption doesn't count, the Manga takes precedence. There is a single Retcon though, and that's Sarada not being too familiar with Mitsuki as she would've known him for years before the Gaiden arc.

The timeline should be:

Chapter 1-699 > The Last > Boruto Arc 1 (10 years after war) > Gaiden (14 years after war) > Boruto Field trip Arc (Unspecified time after Gaiden) > Boruto Manga

The events of Boruto the Movie take place about 15 years after the Fourth War as recently mentioned in the anime of Boruto, something that fits with the general timeline of the series. Of those 15 years they take out the 2 years that happened for the events of The Last, the time that elapses between the courtship, wedding of Naruto-Hinata and birth of Boruto and the 12 years that he has when Momoshiki appears. If an affirmation of the anime doesn't agree with the timeline it must be discarded, nevertheless the one mentioned in the episode where the Kages meet if it agrees and is logical.

No one has said that anime has priority over manga, something like that is too obvious. What is mentioned in this episode fits perfectly with the timeline of the manga, so this statement is valid. Even if it were not said by just taking out the calculations, you reach the same conclusion of the 15 years spent in Boruto the Movie.

Lol, in the end we are both saying the same thing. It's been 15 years after the war in Boruto the Movie, both calculations and affirmations come to the same conclusion.

Burning Full Fingers said:
What's currently happening in the manga? I think I'll continue reading it next month and catch up with the anime too.
After Momoshiki died nothing much, Boruto has a curse mark, an Akatsuki rip off group called Kara showed up though they haven't done anything though they have links to Momoshiki and something called the "Vessel" is being hyped up right now, Konohamaru went to investigate but went missing so Boruto and his team were told to go retrieve him

Can Boruto's profile be update? The Anime IS Canon, the Manga even reference the Anime story as been the prolouge.

http://*********.com/Manga/Boruto-Naruto-Next-Generations/018---Hand?id=391032#6The anime version features an original story, starting with Boruto entering the ninja school (or "Academy").

From Anime News Network,

This year's ninth issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is announcing Monday that the Boruto: Naruto Next Generations television anime will begin with an original story.

(Emphasis mine)

From Japanese Wikipedia,

ÒâåÒâ¼ÒâôÒéóÒâïÒâíÕîûÒü½ÒüéÒüƒÒüúÒüªÒü»ÒÇüµÿáþö╗Òéäµ╝½þö╗ÒéêÒéèÒééÕëìÒü«µÖéþ│╗ÕêùÒü½ÒüéÒüƒÒéïÕ┐ìÞÇàÕ¡ªµáíÒüºÒü«Òé¿ÒâöÒé¢Òâ╝ÒâëÒüîÕêÂõ¢£ÒüòÒéîÒÇüÒéóÒâïÒâíÒü¿ÒâÄÒâÖÒâ®ÒéñÒé║Òü½ÒüªµÅÅÒüïÒéîÒüªÒüäÒéïÒÇé

Regarding the anime adaptation, it tells the earlier story from the movie and manga about the ninja school, which is shown in the anime and novel.

also,

ÕëìÞ┐░Òü«ÚÇÜÒéèÒÇüÕăõ¢£ÒéÆõ©ÇÒüïÒéëµÿáÕâÅÕîûÒüÖÒéïÒü«ÒüºÒü»Òü¬ÒüÅÒÇüÕëìµùÑÞ¡ÜÒü¿Òü¬ÒéïÒÇîÕ┐ìÞÇàÕ¡ªµáíÕàÑÕ¡ªþÀ¿ÒÇìÒüïÒéëÕºïÒü¥ÒéèÒÇüÕÉîþÀ¿Òü«þÁéõ║åÕ¥îÒü»Õăõ¢£ÞÇàÒü«Õ▓©µ£¼ÒüîÕƒÀþ¡åÒüùÒüƒ『NARUTO -ÒâèÒâ½Òâê- Õñûõ╝ØÒÇ£õ©âõ╗úþø«þü½Õ¢▒Òü¿þÀïÞë▓Òü«Þè▒Òüñµ£êÒÇ£』ÒéÆÕăõ¢£Òü¿ÒüùÒüƒÒÇîÒüåÒüíÒü»ÒéÁÒâ®ÒâÇþÀ¿ÒÇìÒüîµö¥ÚÇüÒüòÒéîÒüƒÒÇé

As have been mentioned before, (the anime) doesn't start from the beginning of the manga but starts from the earlier life in "Academy" arc, then continues to "Sarada Uchiha" arc from Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring, then "School Trip" arc.

The manga itself starts as an adaptation from the movie (see What is the difference between Boruto: Naruto Next Generation and Boruto: Naruto the Movie).

well i know Boruto doesn't scale that much to Naruto, it think it would be better to wait for the Naruto revision unless they allow us otherwise, best not to raise tension and rush those working on the revision

Discussion can start now imo, just that what has been discussed here be brought up later on in the Naruto revision before actually being applied.

Well, in this weeks episode, Kakashi assessed Boruto's Skill level to be that of a Chunin and Boruto's speed surprised him.

Mitsuki beat Shino who was fighting seriously, but without Killing Intent, and Shino is a Jonin. It's implied if Shino fought to Kill Mitsuki, the result would've been different. Unknown if Mitsuki used SM.

These two should scale above Part 1 Naruto along with Sumire and Sarada.

Inojin has a good speed feat in saving Himawari's picture from falling into the water that requires a calc. The top students would scale.

I haven't caught up to Boruto since September 20. Because a nature disaster hit my area. I'll be back on track in short time. Do continue this conversation, but keep spoilers to feats only please.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Why does Boruto have the 'likely' in his rating anyway?
Idek, but he should scale at least to early Part 2 Base Naruto in Strength and Durability while being superior in speed.

Mitsuki/Sumire the same. Sarada should scale to Pt2 Base Sakura in Strength/Durability, while maintaining superiority in speed.

Should I post all the feats and abilities of the different characters here, or make a Boruto Content Revision thread for that stuff?

I dunno. I think here would be enough for now until the Naruto revisions actually get off the ground. Else, it may just get closed because revision hiatus.

Alright, I'll just post stuff for Boruto/Mitsuki/Sarada/Sumire as they are the only important ones, I'll post Inojin's speed feat also as it's relevant.

Momoshiki Arc
Momoshiki's Arc is coming.

Official poster about the arc of this alien, the director of the anime has already confirmed that many details will be included that were left out of the film due to lack of time as the third Otsutsuki that Masashi Kishimoto mentioned that he wanted to include in it, with almost 100% of certainty this character will be Urashiki Otsutsuki. At this point the anime is apparently more canon than the movie itself.

when exactly, well now that we know this, we can safety say the two are completely different continuities. Manga and Anime are not connected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back