• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boruto General Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, that poster looks awesome.

@Apple

Wow, sorry about that. I didn't see your message earlier.

@Dariel

Thanks for the information.

while im so excited for this arc, but this announcement just put the nail in the coffin for allowing us to scale Boruto characters from the Anime

yeah, the anime is very ****** up. kakashi said that boruto (academy) 9s basically as strong as pts rock lee (don't even get me started on boruto using ration on his kunai as child, while it took sasuke 2 years to learn)... like, the writers are ******* idiots. oh, and now, mitsuki, who basically yesterday didn't even know he had it, can use sage transformation outta nowhere, and at will. so like, **** good old logic right?

Mitsuki using Sage mode happened in the manga, Anime is obviously following it's own thing now

Don't even try to make things more complicated. Boruto is noted to be a genius and has a lot of natural talent, and the whole thing is for the new generation to surpass the old (not the case everytime, but still). Let's not start complaining when things are still so tentative. I also do not like the fact that Boruto is being portrayed this way, but let's wait and see how things go.

Momoshiki's profile should probably be composite, or we should give him separate keys for the different medias he appears in.

while it's been accepted that Goku from super is allowed to get a manga profile, i think it's only fair that Boruto characters could get separate keys for their mediums

@Shadowbokunohero

Depends, we have already seen how in the anime come characters that in the manga are recently included as Sumire. Urashiki may not appear until the end and be the one to give continuity to that arc by telling his clan what happened. Or it may not come out except as a flashback, Kinshiki also absorbed someone from his clan and perhaps that was Urashiki.

Manga and anime if they go hand in hand, Kodachi the manga writer mentioned it.

@Lorenzo

Mitsuki Gaiden takes place at an unknown point in time, so you cannot say Mitsuki doesn't know he has it, nor can you assume he used SM.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Don't even try to make things more complicated. Boruto is noted to be a genius and has a lot of natural talent, and the whole thing is for the new generation to surpass the old (not the case everytime, but still). Let's not start complaining when things are still so tentative. I also do not like the fact that Boruto is being portrayed this way, but let's wait and see how things go.
Momoshiki's profile should probably be composite, or we should give him separate keys for the different medias he appears in.
Momoshiki should only have his Manga stats. The Novel stats and abilities aren't canon and the movie is retconned. It's just confusing now.

@finaloder lol dude, its both mentioned in both the anime and manga that he had joined Idk how many days after deserting from orochi, which was when he was assimilated into the academy, meaning that it didn't happen that long ago. like, it legit happened almost yesterday. that's the stupid part of it. like, how can u master something u didn't even know u had? (ps orochi confirms that he didn't know he had this ability in the manga). even if u use a baby bird and its learning how to fly as example, it still takes them weeks, maybe even months, and training for it is something that they do everyday, all day, nonstop. they don't know how it works (like mitsuki), but they do know that they have, and they can oly use it through training. but the problem with mitsuki's case is: how can u train something that u don't know exists. even if he knew it existed, there would still be no way for him to train for, nor with it, since he cant activate it by himself, and since he doesn't even know what it is.

The truth is there are 5 versions of the events: video game, novel, movie, manga and anime.

At this point it is more than correct to have the anime as a reference since it includes many events that the other four media didn't include for one reason or another. Probably the events of the anime include some elements of the others, plus the details that weren't included in them and that were the original idea of Kishimoto.

Oh, in case haven't mentioned it previously, Mitsuki Gaiden will be animated this December 27th. In three weeks we will have this in full color:

Mitsuki's Sage Mode

Omimi said:
@TheFinalOrder
what is his The Novel stats and abilities

and why it is non-canon
  • Covering an entire planet in Shikamaru's Jutsu
  • Absolute Zero blizzard
  • Absorbing Chakra across dimensions (Including a star)
  • Absorbing Sasuke's chakra through his Chibaku tensei jutsu
  • Kinshiki punting Susanoo/Kyuubi
It's a mess really, and the Novel of Boruto Movie has nothing to do with Kishi.

if we make a new page/key for kinshiki and momoshiki (whom I suppose would be brought up in tiers, btw) would Naruto and sasuke also need new keys/pages (and would they also be higher as well?)

Lorenzo.r.2nd said:
@finaloder lol dude, its both mentioned in both the anime and manga that he had joined Idk how many days after deserting from orochi, which was when he was assimilated into the academy, meaning that it didn't happen that long ago. like, it legit happened almost yesterday. that's the stupid part of it. like, how can u master something u didn't even know u had? (ps orochi confirms that he didn't know he had this ability in the manga). even if u use a baby bird and its learning how to fly as example, it still takes them weeks, maybe even months, and training for it is something that they do everyday, all day, nonstop. they don't know how it works (like mitsuki), but they do know that they have, and they can oly use it through training. but the problem with mitsuki's case is: how can u train something that u don't know exists. even if he knew it existed, there would still be no way for him to train for, nor with it, since he cant activate it by himself, and since he doesn't even know what it is.
  • It was never stated "when" he left Oro. Mitsuki gaiden takes place an unknown time prior to him joining the academy, nothing is otherwise stated.
  • Again, you're assuming He knows SM or used SM against Shino which isn't the case, and no, Mitsuki is a Test Tube Baby, for all we know, it could be something similar to Juugo. Him using SM in Mitsuki Gaiden is irrelevant to the Graduation exams.
  • Also, you're assuming Oro let him leave after taking the scroll. Clearly that's not the case.
You're literally using Headcanon to fill in the blanks of massive plot points and situations and That's a no go.

The novel of Boruto the Movie is really more canon than the film, since it is the original script made by Kishimoto with all the changes they made for the film version. However, let's see now with the anime that happens and if they include everything that the film left out.

lol yes it is. orochi goes and talks to Naruto and kakashi about it, after mitsuki had his whole *** attack, in the hokage's office, in the village, to ask them to let mitsuki into the academy. try and pay more attention please.... ok, ill give u that about sm I guess... and mitsuki didn't leave after his *** attack on orochi. for one, he lives with him during his pre academy days, during his academy days, and even currently in the manga. so yes, it is the case... did I tell u that I work in the Naruto wiki? u should go there sometime. ask me for help, if u want, btw.

I hope that those details are included in the animated version. The director Yamashita who is the one who worked with Kishimoto in the making of the film mentions many interesting things in the interview that they left above, mentions that it will give more depth to Momoshiki and Kinshiki, and will surely extend these characters not only in personality but in powers; They had to cut a lot of things for the movie. I'm looking forward to the start of Momoshiki's arc in the anime.

Dariel Senju said:
The truth is there are 5 versions of the events: video game, novel, movie, manga and anime.
At this point it is more than correct to have the anime as a reference since it includes many events that the other four media didn't include for one reason or another. Probably the events of the anime include some elements of the others, plus the details that weren't included in them and that were the original idea of Kishimoto.
No. The anime from start up to when the Manga material starts being adapted is Canon. When the manga material is adapted, then it becomes no different than the Naruto Anime. I.E. an adaption of canon material.

Just because ideas Kishi had that never made it to the movie appears in the anime, doesn't mean they're automatically canon unless he or Kodachi says so.

The Manga > Adapted Material unless stated otherwise.

Naruto Canon is:

Chapters 1-699 > The Last > Boruto Nue Arc > Chapter 700 > Gaiden Manga > Field Trip Arc > Graduation Arc > Whatever happens after they graduate > Boruto Manga.

The only way anything in the adaption part becomes canon is if Kishi or Kodachi says so. Otherwise, the Boruto Manga adaption episodes is tantamount to the Naruto Anime.

@Lorenzo

I've been on Naruto Wiki for years. Not only that, but i periodically confere with Seelantu on things regarding Naruto.

Yes, I understand what canon is. Both Kodachi and Kishimoto work on the general aspects of anime. The own novel of Boruto the Movie was written by Kodachi from the original script of Kishimoto for the film, while it is not mentioned by any of them that the put in the anime that differs from the versions of the sleeve, novel and film doesn't form part of the original timeline, it must be considered a canon, at least until they say otherwise.

I thought that it was stated by Kishimotto, that anythiing after and including the Blood mist village arc in the anime is canon.Why is everyone pushinng for random stuff to be none canon, when so far the manga and anime do not contradict each other.

@finalorder, u will most likely ask and talk to him bout feats and such, since I have seen u here more often then there, but that just a guess, so don't take it personally. and if u know seelentau, ask him then (lol he hates me. were always on different sides regarding battles lol). he will give u the answer. or u could just go look at orochi's page or mitsuki's page.

Well, we might have upgrades for the verse if the current calculations are accepted, but I hope there will be something that puts Part 1 genin from Naruto above Building level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back