• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boruto General Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
it doesn't matter. if they were to fight, shino would win. kakashi is faster (physically), and has a higher destructive ability, but only with his jutsu, which shino can counter, or take away in a sense (by absorbing his chakra). and kakashi has no chakra reserves, so that wouldn't be too hard to do.

Kakashi wouldn't lose. Ever.

Kakashi has the Sharingan to Genjutsu hax Shino. He's far more versatile, far better range, and any projectile jutsu from him will blast through Shino's bugs and kill Shino.

Not to mention the fact that there will NEVER be a point where Kakashi will be tagged by Shino. Even if he has the speed advantage, Kakashi is far superior in strategy and H2H, and with the Sharingan, he can predict his movements. You and I both agree he should be faster than Shino via powerscaling-- I think that Kakashi should be listed as Hypersonic here and scale off of whoever Shino ******* scales off of-- because he has to be Superior to them physically. Kakashi is a ******* prodigy and always had been since he was a child. Zabuza, imo, should also be Hypersonic because of being comparable to Kakashi.

Point being, at no point in time should any of these Chunin be Superior in any stat to Kakashi without any explicit information corroborating that. If they were superior to Kakashi, they would be mentioned as such.

He has superior strength that would one shot Shino, no debate. Clones of the Lightning variety that would act as Kamikaze decoys-- earth style concealment that he can use to get the drop on Shino. So... Kakashi stomps.

this is pts kakashi, so his sharingan wont last long, he will get tired quickly, can only attempt chidori twice at max, and if he does, he will only be able to use weak forms of his other jutsu. shino wins.

Still. Shino won't last long enough for stamina to matter. Not only that, but you seriously underestimate Kakashi's stamina. He can use his Sharingan for an entire fight, definitely-- especially against fodder like Shino. All he needs is a Raikiri set up and it's over. What answers does Shino have to his dogs, the fireball, wind style, earth style head hunting-- water vortex. Nothing.

Shino has nothing.

Shino loses. End of story. No debate.

Shino has bugs.

Flammable bugs. Bugs that can't swim (and still hurt a Kakashi that isn't in water). Bugs that get torn apart by wind style. Bugs that might get around an earth wall, maybe even alert Shino of the fact that he is underground. I'll even give you some bugs that can tell if he's a shadow clone or not-- made of lightning or not. That knowledge still doesn't help Shino. At best, Shino or his bugs get hit with a lightning discharge and dies after his guard is down-- because he has to dispell the clones, or face an asswhooping.

Then there's the dogs that could get the drop on him as well.

Again, what does Shino have? Chakra eating bugs that have never demonstrated the ability to absorb combat jutsu-- let alone fire, water, wind, electricity...?

No. Just no.

What? No. It's not that I'm down playing Shino, it's that you're wanting him.

But let's say I don't know what Shino can do. Give me any counters to Kakashi's attacks. Real ones. Provide proof that he can absorb Chakra specifically crafted to be attacks-- like fire, water, wind, lightning.

Because there's nothing Shino can do. Shino isn't a fighter that relies on an overwhelming offensive to trap opponent's into getting hit by an attack. He is a tactical fighter, a chess player, right? He beat Kankuro by outsmarting him. Not by attacking with overwhelming force.

Prove me wrong.

look, lets say that kakashi starts the fight with a katon. Im not really sure, but I believe that shino's insects could tank it for him. that's about 10% (at the minimum) of pts kakashi's chakra gone. shino then counters, kakashi obviously dodges, but has shino different set of insects emitting a chakra that looks exactly like shino's from behind kakashi. kakashi takes it into consideration that that isn't the real shino, so he doenst really fall for the trap. he then decides to pull out his sharingan. kakashi then goes for a blitz at shino's legit body, which then dissolves into insects (he can do that, btw. people think its a filler thing, but he did it in the manga), which try to surround kakashi, so kakashi pulls out an explosive, and gets the **** outta there. since shino's insects can sense his chakra, his hiding wont work for long. they try to crush kakashi, so he pulls another katon (since he had only about 90% of his chakra after he used the 1st katon, and now he had his sharingan activated for the whole time, and then used another katon, he has about 55% of chakra left. im estimating, btw). he sees shino's real body again and goes for a chidori. shino could use his bigger/stronger insects to stop kakashi in his tracts, or turn his body into insects again, but either way, kakahsi gets open, and has about 20% of chakra left. his sharingan deactivates, and he catches his breath for a moment. that one moment is his doom.

I don't remember Shino's bugs ever tanking MCB minimum attacks (Sasuke's katon was MCB at the time).

Shino isn't even fast for Kakashi to use Sharingan...

didn't his bugs implode one o the juubi's clones from the inside? like, and there 4 of them to do that. he has way more than a 100 of those. like they would die from tanking it, but it would be stopped. and speed is something that kakashi has for the win against shino, but not against his bugs. his bugs took obito by surprise, so speed shouldn't be problem for them at least.

I don't know about the juubi clones. I skimmed through the war arc. A scan of that would be appreciated.

His bugs aren't particularly fast iirc. They're tiny and can come from many directions, which is why Obito got surprised. A scan of that too would be great.

First off, the fight wouldn't go like that. There's no reason to believe the Bugs can tank a Katon. Just because they can bust out of a Juubi's chest doesn't mean they can tank MCB attacks. Shino might be able to play some mind games, but Kakashi's skilled enough to deal with those strategies in the first place anyway. Who is to say that there's only 1 Kakashi? Lightning clones, shadow clones-- all kinds of wind and fire style techniques.

When did he show having bugs that can emit Shino's Chakra? I know they use Shino's Chakra, but can they really emit it for a smokescreen effect? And for all we know, Kakashi could start off with Genjutsu-- so we can't just use your description of the fight as a good judge of that.

If you can prove that Shino has the ability to distinguish between clones better than the Byakugan can-- even Neji couldn't tell the difference between Naruto's shadow clones-- and prove that Shino can answer to the raw power of Kakashi's jutsu, then I'll give you that. I also need to know more about this "dissolve into bugs" ability. Because it seems like straight intangibility, which might make Shino more viable if we ignore Genjutsu.

Sure, the bugs might be a bitch to dodge completely by themselves and hit Shino through without the Sharingan. They also can subtly harm Kakashi as well, not being able to be detected by him normally. But it's not likely Shino can keep up with Kakashi's jutsu attack speed. There's also clones that can Kamikaze their way into Shino-- getting close to him, even if they track Kakashi down, Shino would definitely be hard pressed to get rid of them. Kakashi might be able to tell whether or not he's a clone too, based off of him avoiding the Clone explosion from Itachi.

Though, I can say that Shino does have advantages, which are even harder to deal with without knowledge of his technique.

Why does it F***ing matter? Shino fought without the intent to Kill Mitsuki, obviously that means he's either a "Speacial Jonin" or Shino is just not near Kakashi level, and why would he be? The anime has established that Shino could kill them if serious

@amexim, im on my phone right, so ill answer when I get home.... @finalorder, it really doesn't lol I just like conflict a lot lol. MY problem is that shino should've been able to defeat any of them without even having to use the intent to kill. why would a jonin have to go all out just to an academy student?

@Lorenzo, maybe because the kid knows Sage mode, which as we know is a big deal in Naruto. And like the other guy said it really does not matter. Shino was never massively strong anyway he was always just a bit above average and they gave him a good showing in the anime.

pts shino was already high chunin lvl during the chunin exams. his shippuden self was even stronger, as he even took (and maybe could've killed) obito by surprise (but only once, so that kinda sucks), and even if mitsuki used sm (which he doesn't have, btw. he has sage transformation. they are different), his amp couldn't have made him jonin lvl no matter how strong he already was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back