• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

boros afterimage creation, because I gotta end the day on a boros W

IMG_0555.png

IMG_0554.png

self explanatory (suck it chariot)

Untitled39_20220427005718.png

But that's a shitty example, you could have done better.

Yeah... I don't know how strict our requirements are for afterimages when it comes to individual series' art style.

Characters appearing multiple times in a panel can just be to show a progression of events, not necessarily that the characters literally appear to be in multiple places simultaneously.

Isn't This just Boros being really fast?
That's what most afterimages tend to be tbh.

Though you better specify it's just his punches and kicks appearing like a flurry, none of the [[Ability]], then no clarification bullshit.

Characters appearing multiple times in a panel can just be to show a progression of events, not necessarily that the characters literally appear to be in multiple places simultaneously.
How does the anime convey it? If the anime doesn't convey it like he's appearing in multiple places at once or has a hundred hands or something I can agree with the disagree.

Can't Sonic, who’s a slower character than Boros, create afterimages tho?
Technically any character that's fast enough should be able to once they hit a certain speed past the ability of the POV's ability to perceive them.
It's mostly just on the material itself to actually show that to be the case for it count, instead of us going "well TECHNICALLY it should be possible in theory".

just gonna put this here too, cause I forgot about it
Throwing multiple strikes isn't a Afterimage showing. The only one that one could would be the flurry of punches, the rest are just showing how a fight is moving in one panel.

How does the anime convey it? If the anime doesn't convey it like he's appearing in multiple places at once or has a hundred hands or something I can agree with the disagree.
anime Boros mention
neuron activation
anyways for the punches one it does have like 5 or 6 punches on frame at once, and meteoric burst has like 3 to 4
the only one that doesn't really have it in the anime is released boros and saitama moving too fast for the average Joe

Actually, the anime doesn't even show it as afterimages. Just consecutive attacks. The only afterimage feat is from an anime only scene.

Actually, the anime doesn't even show it as afterimages. Just consecutive attacks. The only afterimage feat is from an anime only scene.
ok, wait a second
it does indeed show some afterimage (albeit to a low degree) in both the MB and release boros punching scenes
and either way, if the anime can be used to show a lack of afterimages, then wouldn't that automatically mean we can use the afterimage scene it does have? Can't really just pick one way and not the other.

then wouldn't that automatically mean we can use the afterimage scene it does have?
Not to my knowledge. You're attempting to using tertiary canon rules to prove a point "The anime version of this moment shows X, which is what the manga intended". Anime only scenes would not fall under this purview and are treated as their own thing unrelated to the main source material. In other words it would count for a pure Anime Boros profile, but only the scenes that match the manga could be used as a manga justification.

ok, wait a second
it does indeed show some afterimage (albeit to a low degree) in both the MB and release boros punching scenes
and either way, if the anime can be used to show a lack of afterimages, then wouldn't that automatically mean we can use the afterimage scene it does have? Can't really just pick one way and not the other.

Nah, case by case. If the anime removes afterimages, the chances are the manga was just trying to convey motion, not afterimagery. And of course, anime only is anime only.
Though, if the funny punch is still shown as a flurry of punches simultaneously in the anime, that's evidence of the manga likely trying to convey the same (as in they corroborate each other without major contradiction), then I'd be fine with that as long as the profile specifies it's only his strikes that appear like that and he can't do full body afterimages or whatever.

This is just consecutive punching

PPP does this as well several times and he clearly isn't a character one could say uses afterimages

hmmm....
well as I said before, the anime does show both scenes having some afterimages, just to a lesser degree

PPP does this as well several times and he clearly isn't a character one could say uses afterimages
actually, prisoner has 0 afterimages whatsoever in the anime

That'd actually qualify tho (implying that's actually the case, idk I ain't no PPP stan), our standards for afterimage creation is just "leave an afterimage".

the afterimage creation standards are almost as loose as superhuman physical characteristics, so I just decided I could sneak this in pretty easily
it's basically a useless ability, but there nonetheless

hmmm....
well as I said before, the anime does show both scenes having some afterimages, just to a lesser degree

actually, prisoner has 0 afterimages whatsoever in the anime
I aint looking for the clips but in both ocassions he uses the Angel Rush in the anime its animated as consecutive punching like Boros

So do we agree that the both the anime and manga show released and meteoric Boros punching with a a noticeable amount of afterimages?

While these are technically afterimages, I don't think they are developed enough to warrant an ability.
AC should be given to characters who can manipulate or use their Afterimages in useful ways, can create them though abnormal means (even just wonky physics), given them unnatural properties of such.

Showing characters and body parts multiple times in the same panel is a textbook example of how to give dynamicity to your drawing and it's aking to normal people creating afterimages when waving their hands in front of their face.

It makes sense though.

You can make the palms of your hands hotter by rubbing them together and creating friction... but we wouldn't give every single character on the wiki Heat Manipulation, for example.

To qualify as an ability, there has to be something to make a feat stand out in some way.

Well one of them is a natural thing that humans can do irl
The other is afterimage creation, and try as you might….it’s not happening. That’s like saying we can’t give someone high-mid regen because it takes a thousand years for it to complete, or that we can’t give them enhanced senses because they only have a super sensitive taste.
Minor afterimage creation is definitely what it falls under.

I don't really think that's after images. It's just Boros punching fast
But, that's literally how we define afterimages? An artistic effect of faint trails left by speed, if it's a matter of being possible irl, humans can't do that anyway.
It doesn't even need to be used in any meaningful way, the page itself says only sometimes are they used for misleading or whatnot.

Back