• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyways it’s insanely obvious that Boros is stronger than Tatsumaki at this point, the only counterarguments left are “but her power was unknown” which doesn’t change the canonicity of the 3 incredibly clear statements given, along with saitama’s own account of Boros having been incredibly strong and having never fought anybody as strong in the past, further corroborating the statement to an insane degree.
We just need some more staff to come here.
I'd be fine with a possibly rating for Boros for it.

But I wouldn't use this as Boros' sole justification.

I’m thinking that it look something like
Attack Potency: At least Multi-Continent level (vaporized large portions of his ship) possibly higher (was stated to be the strongest in the universe on multiple occasions, which may make him stronger than tatsumaki. Was stated by saitama to be strong and almost a real fight.)
And then maybe a note at the bottom simply explaining that god and blast don’t apply due to not being in the universe at the time.
Or something like that

Attack Potency: At least Multi-Continent level (vaporized large portions of his ship) possibly higher (was stated to be the strongest in the universe on multiple occasions, which may make him stronger than tatsumaki. Was stated by saitama to be strong and almost a real fight.)
Cleaned up a bit

Attack Potency: At least Multi-Continent level (Vaporized large portions of his ship), likely higher (was stated to be the strongest in the universe on multiple occasions, which may make him stronger than Tatsumaki)

So Boros wouldn't have a 5.68 Exatons key then? Kinda sad if we can't use it for versus matchups in the VSBattleswiki

He would, but higher ratings are used to indicate both upscaling along with being higher into the same tier
in this case it’s not even multicont+ so we can’t add a + to it or anything
but effectively it is both values

Higher​

This should be used to denote a character's weapons, techniques, or attributes that are much stronger than their base level, but still within the same tier. For example, a character that is Solar System level but has an attack that multiplies their power by 100 times. In this instance it should be written as “Solar System level, higher with that ability or technique”.

Furthermore, higher may also be used to denote a case where the character is possibly or likely a higher tier, but to what degree is not specified. This is specifically referring to cases such as “At least 4-B, likely higher” or “At least Solar System level, likely higher”.

He literally would though?
He would, but higher ratings are used to indicate both upscaling along with being higher into the same tier
in this case it’s not even multicont+ so we can’t add a + to it or anything
but effectively it is both values
By how it's worded at the moment he scales to Multi Continent level (9 Petatons) due to the ship durability with a possibly higher that doesn't really grant a 5.68 Exaton "key" to use

By how it's worded at the moment he scales to Multi Continent level (9 Petatons) due to the ship durability with a possibly higher that doesn't really grant a 5.68 Exaton "key" to use
Well it does, it just doesn’t say it directly
that’s an issue with the wiki’s formatting, and one of my solutions was rejected already.

Here's the funny thing. From SBA the highest key is assumed to be used unless specified otherwise.

Meaning that he'll scale to the Exatons key by default unless the OP decides otherwise.

Attack Potency: At least X level (As the most powerful member of the Dark Matter Thieves, he should be superior to Melzalgald, Groribas and Geryuganshoop), possibly Multi-Continent level (Was confident on fighting Saitama even after he had seen him breaking several parts of his spaceship, which is this durable) | At least Multi-Continent level (Stronger than before. Destroyed several sections of his ship's interior. Was stated to be the strongest in the universe on multiple occasions, which may make him stronger than Tatsumaki), much higher with Energy Blasts (Believed that he could defeat Saitama with a single attack, despite Saitama having been evenly matched with him before he fired the blast. Vaporized large portions of his ship)

But the tatsumaki scaling is a possibly rating, so it can’t be part of the initial justification. Going by proper use of higher, it should just be possibly higher accompanied by the new justification.

But the tatsumaki scaling is a possibly rating, so it can’t be part of the initial justification. Going by proper use of higher, it should just be possibly higher accompanied by the new justification.
That's 1 staff member versus IIRC 2 that agree for applying it without a possibly rating.

Remember, this is just a draft. As I said above, we still need more discussion as to whether we really need a possibly rating or not.

Shouldn't a second "possibly High 6-A" key be granted then?

Or do we go for the full rating?

Shouldn't a second "possibly High 6-A" key be granted then?
Well no, because it’s the same key, and it’s the same tier, just a different value
as I showed before, in this specific situation a possibly higher rating can be used to show the same tier with a different value.

I'd be fine with a possibly rating for Boros for it.
I know you're on a vacation and you may not be able to respond until much later, but can I ask why you're against a full rating?

The statement seems pretty uncontroversial and straightforward. Boros doesn't have any anti-feats and has overall greater power portrayal than Tatsumaki in the story.

I understand that it's best to be safe, but I don't think there's anything to be safe from. Boros has everything we need for a full rating and I feel as though only giving him a 'possibly' rating wouldn't really make sense.

Yeah, I'm not even that fond of Boros but this is pretty straightforward.

Also, leaving wiki logic apart for a bit anyone who was read OPM can deduce Boros is narratively supposed to be stronger than the likes of Orochi, Psykos and Tatsumaki.

I know you're on a vacation and you may not be able to respond until much later, but can I ask why you're against a full rating?

The statement seems pretty uncontroversial and straightforward. Boros doesn't have any anti-feats and has overall greater power portrayal than Tatsumaki in the story.

I understand that it's best to be safe, but I don't think there's anything to be safe from. Boros has everything we need for a full rating and I feel as though only giving him a 'possibly' rating wouldn't really make sense.
My vacation has just ended, but it is late for me right now.

I'll respond tomorrow.

Sounds like we can argue for a full rating here Ziller
IMG_0551.png

Tbh I have a better wording (second Key only, I do not care about the 3rd):

At least Multi-Continent level, likely higher (Stronger than before. Destroyed several sections of his ship's interior. Stated to be the strongest in the universe, with his fight against Saitama being described as "Strongest vs Strongest", which may make him stronger than the likes of Tatsumaki), even higher with Energy Blasts (Believed that he could defeat Saitama with a single attack, despite Saitama having been evenly matched with him before he fired the blast. Vaporized large portions of his ship)

At least Multi-Continent level, likely higher (Stronger than before. Destroyed several sections of his ship's interior. Stated to be the strongest in the universe, with his fight against Saitama being described as "Strongest vs Strongest", which may make him stronger than the likes of Tatsumaki), even higher with Energy Blasts (Believed that he could defeat Saitama with a single attack, despite Saitama having been evenly matched with him before he fired the blast. Vaporized large portions of his ship)
I think this looks fine.

This is good, I agree

Alright, so we have 3 staff members agreeing and 1 disagreeing.

Although we have enough staff agreements and Grace has been fulfilled, I believe it will be best to wait for Damage's response before moving on.

If Boros is scaling to Multi-Continental anyway through the ship scaling still, then I withdraw my objections.

My only issue was the Multi-Continental rating only coming about from the guidebook statements.

Alright, so we have 3 staff members agreeing and 1 disagreeing.

Although we have enough staff agreements and Grace has been fulfilled, I believe it will be best to wait for Damage's response before moving on.
Which 3? As far as I know Content Moderators don't count

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back