• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Book Of Bill - Gravity Falls (Part 1.5 , Cosmology update)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, and I'm trying to conciliate the "outlier" as something that happened, while still making sense of everything, without dismissing it entirely.
You do realize that you can't go in-between here, right?
  • It's not an outlier: Bill and Time Baby get Tier 1.
  • It's an outlier: Bill gets Tier 1 only through that infinite boost.
Outliers do in fact happen, but by dismissing them we simply make them invalid for scaling, while still knowing that those happened and are canon.
How can I stonewall when I'm not a staff member, I barely care about the verse beside the fact it's a great show and that, ultimately, my opinion is unimportant?
Stonewall is spamming the same argument over and over, it's not something that only staff can do.
It may be a dumb question, but how can there be "code" inside a physical card?
It says that is holographic, so there are electronics.
that it’s not an outlier
1-C Pre-Weirdmageddon Bill. Ok lmao.
I don’t think my argument is one that goes against what he’s saying as you like to tout.
I directly talked with him on this. I can confirm that's what he thinks.

Weird stuff. Fitting for the verse, I suppose.
You do realize that you can't go in-between here, right?
  • It's not an outlier: Bill and Time Baby get Tier 1.
  • It's an outlier: Bill gets Tier 1 only through that infinite boost.
Outliers do in fact happen, but by dismissing them we simply make them invalid for scaling, while still knowing that those happened and are canon.
Is there a reason we can't go with the fact that, in a vaccum, the fight happened. Said fight is not an outlier regarding the event, but it is regarding the strength Bill and the Time Baby supposedly have? This way, we can reconcile both the fact that the fight happened, Dennis' reality being "higher" that the rest while still not scaling them to said reality to avoid inconsistencies plot wise?

Stonewall is spamming the same argument over and over, it's not something that only staff can do.
Yeah, perhaps, but assuming I'm asking stuff because I just want to "stonewall" when I want to understand how and why that works (or doesn't) seems like a dubious accusation.
It says that is holographic, so there are electronics.
Idk how cards like these works, so can't say much about this, "encoded" made me feel like it was a program inside the card or something.

I guess one could argue that Bill has real high AP but no range, I think
Bill called himself as being infinitely stronger thanks to Weirdmageddon.

Plus anything else puts Bill as like... Tier 5/3, a single feat won't do it chief.
Is there a reason we can't go with the fact that, in a vaccum, the fight happened. Said fight is not an outlier regarding the event, but it is regarding the strength Bill and the Time Baby supposedly have? This way, we can reconcile both the fact that the fight happened, Dennis' reality being "higher" that the rest while still not scaling them to said reality to avoid inconsistencies plot wise?
If it's an inconsistency, then Bill and TB going there is also an inconsistency. You can't cherrypick stuff for the sake of downplaying lol.
Idk how cards like these works, so can't say much about this, "encoded" made me feel like it was a program inside the card or something.
I know this isn't about GF anymore, but prolly is something like this.

I mean, if real world - mindscape have such relationship, why can’t it be with Dennis - GF world?
Because the whole essay is about how fiction and reality influence each other through the mindscape.

There's no evidence it applies to also Dennis because "lol it mentioned fiction". You're taking a contextless line which has 0 correlation to Dennis.

If it's an inconsistency, then Bill and TB going there is also an inconsistency. You can't cherrypick stuff for the sake of downplaying lol.
Please, for the love of god, stop assuming that I am, or anyone, for the matter, is trying to "stonewall", "downplay" or whatever just because they are ASKING QUESTIONS.
We invalidate them for scaling, but it's not like it didn't happen. Anything that the characters could've "gained" from the event is rendered void while we still accepted the scene, and it's "validity".

Bill and Time Baby goes inside Dennis' Reality while fighting => Would be an antifeat for Dennis' reality and if we assume it's just a regular higher reality/dimensions it would still cause problem with the narrative since they would be "stronger" than the verse while the story proves the contrary.

We assume the fight still happened but Time Baby and Bill doesn't scale to it => Dennis' reality can't be accepted as 1-A, but would probably be accepted as a higher dimension (?) => Narrative is safe since TB and Bill will not scale to the stuff that happened, but we acknowledge what happened.

It seems, in my opinion, a better option that just disregarding everything to keep the "1-A".
I know this isn't about GF anymore, but prolly is something like this.
Interesting. Thank you for showing it to me!

We invalidate them for scaling, but it's not like it didn't happen. Anything that the characters could've "gained" from the event is rendered void while we still accepted the scene, and it's "validity".
Ok?
Bill and Time Baby goes inside Dennis' Reality while fighting => Would be an antifeat for Dennis' reality and if we assume it's just a regular higher reality/dimensions it would still cause problem with the narrative since they would be "stronger" than the verse while the story proves the contrary.

We assume the fight still happened but Time Baby and Bill doesn't scale to it => Dennis' reality can't be accepted as 1-A, but would probably be accepted as a higher dimension (?) => Narrative is safe since TB and Bill will not scale to the stuff that happened, but we acknowledge what happened.

It seems, in my opinion, a better option that just disregarding everything to keep the "1-A".
The point is that you already admitted that the whole thing is void, due to it being an outlier.

Nobody is saying the fight didn't happen. I just said that any implication from it is invalid due to it being an outlier nontheless, as if the whole feat got invalid (even them entering the 1-A world), then Dennis has simply no more reasons to not be 1-A.

You're just trying to go "safer" and applying your personal opinions over the words of a staff member (same one who made these standards, mind you) through this kind of overthinking that kinda goes against the standards themselves.

You're just trying to go "safer" and applying your personal opinions over the words of a staff member (same one who made these standards, mind you) through this kind of overthinking that kinda goes against the standards themselves.
Eh. I'll let the staff decide, I suppose my questions were answered. Good luck with the thread regardless!

The hypertimeline argument seems fine at first glance, I agree for now. But I may be missing something so I need to think about it.

R>F and new standards are not my area of interest so... no comment.

Stop, Bill will scale to the 1-A. I am talking to Ultima about it so calm down bros.

I would like @StrymULTRA to remove the 1-A for now and let me handle it later pretty please

+ My budgie just died, so I am crying and cannot look at the thread now.
Depends. If Ultima will comment here on whatever stance he has on 1-A, then I won't exactly remove it from the thread.

However I'll put it on a hold on, and not touching it until he decides to touch it, I suppose.

A last thing on 1-A, is that I'll just quote a friend of mine off-site:

My point is basically PIS is from author doing bs stuff, and not an outlier for Bill and TB. Its from the author's end, not from the characters' end. So author can make a planet level character break into a 1-A realm even though said character has no such power or abilities for that. It won't make the 1-A realm "unknown" or "not 1-A" at all. It'll just make the whole event invalid when it comes to scaling and stuff. So no antifeat at all, Because its not the power of the character doing this, it is the literal author of the series doing it for his bs purpose.

I am bringing this as I think it's pretty relevant in the discussion on 1-A, if Ultima continues. But outside of that it's still frozen and we should wait for him, I just am bringing this as I think it's a good point for the debate.

My point is basically PIS is from author doing bs stuff, and not an outlier for Bill and TB. Its from the author's end, not from the characters' end. So author can make a planet level character break into a 1-A realm even though said character has no such power or abilities for that. It won't make the 1-A realm "unknown" or "not 1-A" at all. It'll just make the whole event invalid when it comes to scaling and stuff. So no antifeat at all, Because its not the power of the character doing this, it is the literal author of the series doing it for his bs purpose.
Tbf you can justify anything by just saying “author wanted it that way”. But let’s discuss that later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back