• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BNA Discussion Thread

A thread to talk about the Studio Trigger anime BNA (Brand New Animal)

bnakym.jpg

To do list:
  1. Calculate feats
  2. Discuss which characters should have profiles
  3. Discuss Powers/Abilities

Feats that need calculations:

Attack Potency:
Speed:
Durability:
Lifting Strength:
For reference:
Calcs/Blogs:

Last edited:
Characters worthy of a profile:

Michiru Kagemori (Main character)
Shirou Ogami (For rather obvious reasons. One of the main characters and the strongest character in the show by the end)
Yaba (For scaling purposes)
Alan Sylvasta (Also for scaling purposes. He has the best feats in the series after all)
Pinga (Seems like he can serve as the norm/average for Beastmen and is relevant to the story)

That's all I have in mind at the moment.

I could still use help with calculations, though I was able to start on Ogami's profile here. I used the calculation I calculated that was accepted.

I think it's looking alright so far. If anyone wants to help out with anything, it'd be much appreciated.

Alright, I've been summoned by outer forces to help this verse.

We have this huge doc made by Z1 (and pretty much all credit for calcs goes to him/her), so we can create calc blogs and put these calcs on blogs.

Probably this feat we could not use since it's been calced already, everything else seems fine.
Capture_2022-02-24-13-44-321.png
I assume they watched the dub? I think it's only in the dub where they say he dodged it. In the sub, I'm pretty sure they just say he survived it and question what he is to be able to survive it (Though been a while since I saw it)

Thanks for the help.

Got several of the suggested feats calculated plus additional feats I didn't consider (Such as feats from the Manga) put into a blog and accepted.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:LaserPrecision/BNA_Attack_Potency_feats
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:LaserPrecision/BNA_Speed_feats

Now for the discussion of who they scale to.

Low-Tiers or just normal Beastmen should scale to Marie dodging a crossbow (Subsonic, 82.8 m/s). Marie hasn't really been depicted as being particularly impressive compared to other Beastmen (Maybe more agile I suppose), but seeing as Michiru also reacted to a Crossbow in the same episode who had yet to develop at all as a Beastman, it should be safe to assume everyone can scale off of that.

For AP, Low-Tiers should be able to scale off of Pinga's feat of crashing through a ceiling in his sleep. As well as Michiru's feat of creating a Tornado by throwing a baseball really fast. The reasoning being Pinga like Marie wasn't depicted as being special physically. Heck, we see him compliment another flying Beastmen based on their speed, referring to him as a cut above the rest. Yet even that bird wasn't depicted as very special and was very easily defeated by the main cast and Pinga. Michiru's baseball pitch was caught, so logically they scale to its Attack Potency for their hand to not break. Given it was caught by Jackie, it's definitely safe to say all Beastmen scale.

Mid-Tiers, i.e., Michiru, Mutated Beastmen, and Ogami (With his power restraining collar), should scale to Ogami dodging many bullets and outpacing the detonation of grenades (Mach 30 up to Mach 87.9, High Hypersonic up to High Hypersonic+). Mid-Tiers are all shown to be relatively comparable. With Mutated Beastmen being shown to cause/inflict great injury to Ogami and keep up with him in combat. Michiru, as we know, adapts as the series progresses, so at the beginning, she shouldn't scale. Though by the middle she should, as she's shown combating Mutated Beastmen as well, and just, in general, keeping up with Ogami normally.

Mid-Tiers, excluding the manga, would scale to Yaba tanking a Building level fall (0.802 Tons). When including the Manga, the Mid-Tiers jump up to City Block level, to Multi-City Block level (24.84 Tons at least, up to 118.3 Tons). No end was specifically accepted. So I'm unsure of what to do with it, but I'd say using City Block level+ as the lowest end seems safe and conservative.

High-Tiers, i.e. Ogami's Ginrou form, Alan's Ginrou form would at least scale to the High Hypersonic feats the mid-tiers scale to on attrition of being far superior to a point of High-Tiers being able to blitz mid-tiers (Ex: Ogami blitzing mutated Yaba). However, I plan to recalculate the earth drilling feat which should warrant higher speeds given the Ginrou's were shown to fight while spamming their beam attacks which each of them could react to seamlessly. High-Tiers also have a pretty crazy power creep, so maybe upscaling them to baseline Massively Hypersonic would work. Given the Mid-Tiers are only 12.1% away from being Baseline. However, if the gap really doesn't seem like enough, Ginrou Ogami, who already blitzed a Mid-Tiers was blitzed and one-shot by Alan, but after growing due to the belief from his kind in him, was able to adapt to and surpass Alan who previously one-shot his Ginrou state. Meaning the scaling chain looks like High Hypersonic+ = Mid-Tiers <<< Ogami (Ginrou) <<< Alan (False Ginrou < Ogami (Ginrou post amp).

High-Tiers should scale anywhere from Small Town level to Large Town level (1 Kiloton up to 121 Kilotons). However, I expect what they scale to will be marginally higher once I re-calc the earth cutting feat (earth being in reference to the ground, not the entire Planet).

In summary:

Low-Tiers:

AP/Dura: Wall level
Speed: Subsonic

Mid-Tiers:

AP/Dura: Building level, City Block level+ (Possibly Multi-City Block level)
Speed: High Hypersonic+

High-Tiers:

AP/Dura: Small Town level, Large Town level
Speed: At least High Hypersonic+, Massively Hypersonic

Now, all we really need is Lifting Strength, Powers and Abilities, and a few other minor things for the profiles. If anyone's willing to help with making profiles and or a verse page, I'd really appreciate it. Creating a verse by oneself is a lot harder than a group effort. Also feel free to give your opinion regarding the scaling, calcs, etc.

I recalculated the feat of Alan drilling into the Earth with his energy beams and it yielded Small-City to City level results (A few times higher than the previous calc).

Regarding the scaling of the High-Tiers (Only 2 characters), I think Ginrou before the rematch with Alan should downscale from the Small-Town to Town level feat of destroying a section of a skyscraper to either Baseline or the highest end of the next closest tier. He was one-shot by Alan casually, however, he seems to be somewhat comparable as in the same scene, he easily cut all of Alan's heads off with a swipe. However, I think that's due to the durability negation of his claws and whatnot. But I don't think he should be unimaginably lower than even casual Alan.

So assuming the calc gets accepted, the scaling would look like

Small Town-Town level = Ginrou < Ginrou (Nirvasyl syndrome) <<< Small City-City level = Alan < Ginrou (Amped/Post-Awakening)

I'm guessing the feats that aren't crossed out are the ones you still need calculated

Are there any other screenshots for reference for this one?
Such as the crater size, or the Beastman's height? If it's the crater, I can look into it again to see if they give us a better shot, if not, I'd just use the Beastman's height as a reference. We do get to see most of the mutated Beastman's size compared to a normal Beastman (In human form) here

He definitely looks bigger here (at the beginning of the clip)...

...than he does here...
I guess his size isn't super consistent (though in those particular clips, he doesn't look that far off in size to me), though him being large is pretty consistent. IIRC, every character who underwent the same syndrome also grew super large. They're certainly all taller than normal Beastmen.

I figured the clip at the beginning would be better since he's standing upright and took place soon after he transformed (Where he was already quite tall).

You can use whichever seems more appropriate. Though in the clip I sent from the episode, we do get quite a few angles of him which can be used to get his height.

Now that I look into the clip, he actually appears much larger throughout the entire fight with Ogami. With his fist alone being close to the same size as Ogami (Wolf guy), whereas when he's being picked up, that's probably the smallest size we see him at.

Not sure about this one, is the baseball field larger than a normal one? 'cause an actual cheetah would cross it faster than this.
Exceed the Baseball's speed, or cross said distance in a shorter time? If it's the latter, I'd just assume cinematic timing. The field wasn't very large, but it was presented as an impressive feat. I don't think they're actually taking several seconds to cross like 20+ feet.

If it's the former, I think it depends on who's pitching. Given Beastmen are superhuman, I'd assume they can pitch as fast as the fastest players.

I'd assume they can pitch as fast as the fastest players.
So about 105.1 mph or 46.983904 m/s if we assume they throw as well as history's fastest pitcher.

Lemme do this here since it's an easy and quick one...

The ball is pitched at 0:10 and arrives at 0:17.

That would be a distance of 328.887 m.

She reaches the buffalo two seconds before the ball, so in 5 seconds, which equals 65.7774 m/s (Subsonic), faster than a cheetah in fact.

Last edited:
Yaba slams Ogami through crates
Bit of a heads up but with these being empty wooden cranes, they wouldn't yield anywhere near as much as most of the other feats, do you still want that calculated?

Alan and Ogami generate a shockwave
This shockwave doesn't seem to cause any damage to its surroundings thus it cannot be calculated as a shockwave, unfortunately.

Yaba destroys two cars by throwing them into one another
This one is pretty straightforward and doesn't really need a calc, it's just this but doubled.

Last edited:
Bit of a heads up but with these being empty wooden cranes, they wouldn't yield anywhere near as much as most of the other feats, do you still want that calculated?
That's fine, I don't need it to be calc'd.
This shockwave doesn't seem to cause any damage to its surroundings thus it cannot be calculated as a shockwave, unfortunately.
Ah, unfortunate.
This one is pretty straightforward and doesn't really need a calc, it's just this but doubled.
I contacted a CGM, I was told the destruction wasn't great enough to warrant that common feat calc to be used. KE was the alternative that I recall coming to.

I was told the destruction wasn't great enough to warrant that common feat calc to be used. KE was the alternative that I recall coming to.
Huh, really... I guess the next best thing would be to calculate the size of the explosion. KE could also work I suppose, though given the Trigger-y way it's animated, going frame to frame might be... well it'll certainly be interesting.

I'll try both when I'm able.

Huh, really... I guess the next best thing would be to calculate the size of the explosion. KE could also work I suppose, though given the Trigger-y way it's animated, going frame to frame might be... well it'll certainly be interesting.

I'll try both when I'm able.
And here it is

Remember to get them evaluated, too (also many of those in the OP need to be crossed out)

Btw Laser, do you have a WIP page for the verse and characters, are you collecting the calcs people make and putting them somewhere?

I ask since I'm wondering how consistent the verse is with the calcs we have now.

Btw Laser, do you have a WIP page for the verse and characters, are you collecting the calcs people make and putting them somewhere?

I ask since I'm wondering how consistent the verse is with the calcs we have now.
I have a WIP for Shirou (One of the main characters) and was going to make one for Michiru (The actual main character) and work up from that. I figured I'd work on a verse page last, though I'm not quite sure if that's how I should go about it. I was going to see if I could get some help from other people that are fans of the verse on the wiki, although I don't know how many there are or how to find them.

For the sake of not sending two messages:

I was going to add one more feat (Well, technically 2, but the feats are actually exactly identical with only a slight variable change) that may yield surprising results, though I could be wrong and it may just serve as a supportive feat.

So have you collected all of the calcs people have made? 'cause I don't see them here.

Huh, so there aren't calcs for all the feats listed in the OP? Are some of those crossed out because they can't be calculated?

Huh, so there aren't calcs for all the feats listed in the OP? Are some of those crossed out because they can't be calculated?
Only one that can't be calculated is crossed out (The shockwave).

The reason there are so few blogs in comparison to the calcs is that two of those blogs are compilations from a google doc that was sent here earlier. I didn't want to make dozens of separate blogs, so I compiled all the Attack Potency feats and Speed feats from the google doc into 2 blogs.

Back