• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ishura Discussion Thread

Antoniofer

VS Battles
Retired
Discussion thread about Passione's most recent anime: Ishura (because someone has to create it). Discuss about the light novel, anime, manga, potential profiles (because the verse has no profile yet), as you see more fitting. Beware the spoilers, Vol 5 just released and not everyone have read it (including me).

A27125-1712602001.1701593042.jpg

Oh, hey there; guess there's another fan of this series out there, unless you are commenting out of pity.

Oh, hey there; guess there's another fan of this series out there, unless you are commenting out of pity.
No not exactly fan but not out of pity either

I have my eyes on this series for sometime now.

So might as well wait for Anime and here we are

Quite the amount of people complaining I see (not here, obviously)...

Are multiple POV animes really that weird that series with that narrative element tend to scare off potential watchers?

Quite the amount of people complaining I see (not here, obviously)...

Are multiple POV animes really that weird that series with that narrative element tend to scare off potential watchers?
Kekw I have no problem with it whatsoever

I don't like it I also don't hate it either

People also do not stop in asking who is the mc, or what happened to Soujirou (believing he is the mc). Like, is clear there's no going to be a defined mc, at least not for the time being; stick to your favorite character and expect that one to not die, just as I did.

I was like “holy shiiit” when I watched the first episode, then I binge read the novel until volume five. My reaction after reading the novel was “holy fkin shiiit”.

Definitely one of the best novel I read after a long time.

I was like “holy shiiit” when I watched the first episode, then I binge read the novel until volume five.
That was a quick read, 5 volume in less than two weeks... or maybe I'm just a slow reader, even with free time, it would take me like 3 days to finish one volume.

Saw an AMV that got me hyped for the series and have been keeping up w/the anime. Not gonna lie, some episodes got me dozing but I find it has promise!

Damn, someone beat me to it. I recently finished Vol1 of the light novel and man, is the series is amazing. I wasnt expecting so many Shuras to die so early on and it saddens me that we coudnt see more of them (Higuare versus Soujiro would had been a amazing fight)

When are we starting to agenda post btw. Alus and Soujiro a him

First Witch catching up my taste in japanese stories and taking them as his own? It had been years since the last time something like that happened.

Shame you'll have to see the mandrake dying again in today's chapter.

Hey hey, I found Ishura when its first manga chapter was translated years ago. I simply decided to read the novel 2 weeks ago.

Higuare my beloved...

Thaks, been practicing with Scribus lately, next week would be Dakai (and I guess that would be it for the rest of the season).

I just watched the first episode of this anime, and it was really enjoyable. If there's any calculation task you need help with, I'd be happy to assist.

Just finishes vol2. I was sceptical about reading a entire volume with a completly different set of characters, but after finishing it? I think I like vol2 more.

The Particle Storm vs an entire group of different Shuras was unreasonably hype. Mestelexil and Toroa are awesome and I cant wait for their future rounds

The only segment that bored me was Rosclay and his fight with Gilnes. No interessting skill nonsense, no cool sword techniques, World Arts spammer and the fact that hes a fraud in a memetic AND literal sense make for a interesting read.

Toroa the Awesome, indeed. He is my favorite character in terms of combat prowess (you can say that based in my avo), and I'm a sucker for badass normal people that use interesting equipment.

HOLY SHIT ISHURA IS PEAK.

Vol3 "Kazuki the Black tone"

Or so I thought but Shalk had to remind me who the guy was that scared the shit out of Soujiro:

vYpQTf0.png

That was cold as ****.

Sucka for Kazuki though, homegirl had a whole colored image for her

Hey, I didn't know we had a discussion for Ishura, I have a couple of calcs ready to make for the series and slowly making a starting profile for Soujiro. I hope to get the calcs out tomorrow. I am almost half way through Volume 2 right now
YES! LET'S GGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Dakai's calc do not work: its too vague. The comparing to a snail's speed if for when speeding objects appear frozen in time, no when slowed down.

Those threads would be wrong then. A modern, firearm projectile could have its speed dropped to a crossbow's bolt and still would be considered slowed down.

That "slow motion" is not synom of "as fast as a snail"; rather, it means slower than regular speed.

That "slow motion" is not synom of "as fast as a snail"; rather, it means slower than regular speed.
Slow motion refers to something that is incomprehensibly slow that it slower that it looks like its barely moving an inch. When you say a bullet is in slow motion you don't think its a slow as an arrow, otherwise that isn't slow motion, you think barely moving an inch, slow as a sloth or snail.

Slow motion refers to something that is incomprehensibly slow that it slower that it looks like its barely moving an inch.
This is an exaggerated interpretation of the meaning of "slow motion"; no english dictionary define the term like that.

Back