• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Note: Buttersami has explicitly requested for his match to be on hold so he can finish a range CRT. That is why Round 9 hasn't been done yet. Round 9 will be done after this match is finished

(Hub)

The current standings

Now it's the start of the Quarterfinals. On 1 side we got Midnight from Fairy Tail nominated by Zackra1799. On the other side we got Silpenno from I Reincarnated For Nothing nominated by Zaratthustra. Who will win?? Let us find out!!

Rules:

1. Speed is equalized

2. Both are 7-B

3. Both are 50 feet apart

Guy who's going to dominate the bracket:

I don't get why he's a male but looks like a female: 8

The Ap gap isn't really relevant as he can't get around reflector unless he starts throwing punches.

Silpennon needs to rise his arm to use plunder which he isn't doing given his arms would be bond with reflector's massive LS gap.

And here Midnight has his own instawin move in Genesis Zero.

Slip will go for Close combat as that's his style. He also has clones that are equal in power which would give him the number advantage. Also his dagger has chance to call a thunder on each strike, pretty big chance. Also, what stops him using blink boots + Ap advantage.

What's the Ap of Midnight? to know if the AP advantage is good enough.

Also from what I remember in the fight with Erza, Midnight wasn't for bind then EE but bind and torture.

He didn't have Genesis Zero in that fight with Erza, also his dagger slashes from him and his clones would all be reflected and the thunder would just be reflected back at Silp.

Damn, wiki has eaten my comment, writting again.

At level 350 he was 60 Megatons and here he is level 380 which makes his a bit stronger than that value.He can also increase it again via mana but not enough to be considered too much.

He also has accelerated development and reactive evolution strong enough that it created Plunder. He is likely to get either resistance to bind or some ability that will help him deal with it.

Can Midnight bind more than one oponent since Slip can create clones.

His reactive Evolution isn't overpowering a 2000x LS disadvantage at least not anytime soon, also binding is based on refector's range which is aoe based so if they are around him then he could bind them all up.

His reactive evolution was strong enough to combine his past self (another timeline before Revision was used) with the curent self to galvanize them into one being to create Plunder.

Also, Midnight is not someone to instantly kill or finish his oponents if his fight with Erza is any indication. His range is just several meters which limits him a lot vs someone who has teleportation.

Midnight binds Slip then he thinks and teleports away making the spell useless. Then as his intelligence is high enough as he was compared with Artpe, he would think to teleport again in and use Plunder.

Has his reactive Evolution affected his stats to such as degree before because developing a hax is unquantifiable in regards to this.

Post time skip Midnight is much more likely to go for the kill as he used Genesis Zero as one of his earlier moves against Natsu unlike his pretimeskip counterpart.

Plunder still gets hard countered by Bind as Plunder needs a hand raise while Refector is thought based and he tends to spam it if he knows it will work as he used Bind multiple times throughout the fight with Erza.

That's because he know how strong Natsu was the second time. One of his earliest move, not his first move.

He is intelligent enough that once he is bind to retratreat with Blink Boots which as I stated above is thought based. He is a thief, he won't stay once he is bind. He's compared with Artpe in intelligence who is able to learn at the same time dozen of spells and when one learns a magic spells, the theory behind it it's pure information which needs to be computed.

He is ruthless and decissive, one he see he's bind he will teleport away which can take him several hundreds of meters. He can use blink boots 3 times but is enough. One to leave then one to comeback and use Plunder.

Natsu was massively weaker than midnight at the start of his fight and the only reason he won was because of Rage amps.

Okay so he teleports away to escape Bind and then teleports right back into another bind which is faster than Silp can use Plunder.

It's not since he can just teleport with his hand up and Midnight won't know which direction. They are both same speed but Slip can amp himself a little which is enough to make even the biggest difference.

I also just looked at Natsu vs Midnight, and he didn't even use bind on Natsu just him being less arrogant but still and used Brain's magic which Natsu could dodge and counter. If he can, Slip can do even more.

Bind was essentially useless on Natsu as he could casually burn his own clothes away and Midnight knows this because he saw what type of magic Natsu used. He also was dealing with an existential crisis and Lucy giving him PTSD so he wasn't in the right midset for most of the fight.

Also Bind tends to destroy the equipment the opponents is wearing so he could easily just destroy his blink boots.

Also can you provide a feat of him TPing with Plunder already activated.

He won't know to destroy the Boots first since he doesn't have information analysis. It never covered the feet in a fight - talking about Bind.

And like I said, immediatly he is caught in bind it, he will teleport away.

He could also affect the range of Plunder as Refelctor can affect the overall range of attacks such as when he affected the range of Byro Crancy's Magic Null and Dan's Attack Reflection and made their ranges essentially Zero.

Yeah, Blink Boots need to think but he's limited to three times then they break.

Edit. He won't affect Plunder which is strong enough to affect the Reccords which is the way the Universe store information about someone.

He isn't affecting the Power Absorbtion Part of Plunder just it's activation Range making it effectively Zero as he bypassed Magic Null with it without actually resisting it's effects.

Won't work since Plunder affects the Record - A Record is a way the Universe gathers the information of all its beings. It gathers all their information from the moment they are birthed and even beyond their death. It gathers stats, skills, abilities, experience, information about them and their existence.

If the World and even someone who resisted to Plot Manipulation can't do anything before Plunder then Midnight sure can't.

But it still has a range Midnight needs to be in which is what is being reflected not the Record. Other wise His magic would have been passively Nulled by Bryo but it wasn't.

Also Resistance to Plot manip is pointless as that has nothing to do with Midnight nor does it have anything to do with Power Absorbtion.

It is when his potency is strong enough to overpower the effect of Plot Manipulation that affected an entire World.

He doesn't absorb it, he completely steal all he Midnight can do if he's not strong enough to resist and since the difference in AP is big enough, it will work. He can steal magic that are on and active.

But it still has a range otherwise he could do anywhere and you have yet to provide anything in regards to TPing mid Plunder.

You're right it won't make you resistent but I talk about the potency.

Also, like I said above, Slip has teleportation + little boost that can help him to be faster for a bit than Midnight where he can use Plunder. At the same time Midnight doesn't have resistance to it.

His reflector is Thought speed for Activation and then it become passive unless he thinks to change it so speed amps are pointless as he could reflect things that can blitz and oneshot him.

And you again haven't provided anything that says he can activate plunder at a distance then teleport in range for plunder so I'm going to say he can't do it or It's not in character for him to do so. Which means he is susceptible to bind as his teleports are limited to 3 a day then he would get hit EE/BFR.

So I'm voting for Midnight as per my reasons I have provided.

Back