• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last thread has all the relevant scans.
There’s no way this is being misunderstood like this.

Im asking for the scan in which it says “Aizen’s EE is resisted by strength.” I’m being a bit facetious here, because I know you can’t provide these scans. All of your arguments are from baselessly inventing concepts not in Bleach from a few vague scans.

It's directly implied through several demonstrations. Not everything needs to be spoon-fed.

Also, I'd note that Aizen's EE is not completely passive either. He can switch the magnitude up and down depending on how much spiritual pressure he chooses to release. It's noticeable when he does it to Grimmjow.

It's directly implied through several demonstrations. Not everything needs to be spoon-fed.
“It’s implied” Sounds like a massive Cope that you can’t provide direct evidence. Your “implications” are hilariously weak strings of headcanons that straight invent concepts that aren’t in Bleach. All of your arguments have been responded too. You can’t give any proof. Asking for statements is spoon feeding now 🗿.
Also, I'd note that Aizen's EE is not completely passive either. He can switch the magnitude up and down depending on how much spiritual pressure he chooses to release. It's noticeable when he does it to Grimmjow.
Coolio?

@Arcker123; not everything on all of our profiles is there solely from explicit statements.
Moyai emoticon

Pls stop saying this. You’re not addressin what I’m saying in it’s totality
“It’s implied” Sounds like a massive Cope that you can’t provide direct evidence. Your “implications” are hilariously weak strings of headcanons that straight invent concepts that aren’t in Bleach. All of your arguments have been responded too. You can’t give any proof. Asking for statements is spoon feeding now 🗿.

That's one of the scans. This is another.
When Aizen says power its really vague and we need additional context of what could mean. Power as I was always saying the capability to do something, for example, if I have a gun and I am pointing it to someone, that would mean that I have the power to kill someone, so in this instance, that means when Aizen says that humans get erased because of his power and then says that they will cease to exist, that would mean he has the capability to erase them from existence, and it still goes along nicely with the scans. Now its up to you to say that its raw power, which you can't because of a higher proponderence of evidence on my side.

Let's say for 1 quick second that Aizen's existence erasure is strength based and what you just said here is true, why doesn't erase everyone present? He is way stronger than all of them, but they don't get erased, which means that the existence erasure has a pre set range that can't be increased or decreased. Your arguments clearly aren't working, because it relies on headcanon. Now if you want, I can just go to the previous thread and respond to every detail of the argument.

I really really despise the “I don’t see anything new so I don’t have to respond to the arguments” stuff, despite this thread being a critique of the prior arguments against the OP. However, I think to make that extremely clear, I will copy paste the points of Damage’s old OP and address it directly. This way no lazy dismissal of our arguments can be employed under the guise of “I already addressed this last thread”. I’ll get to that in a bit 🗿

Honestly the side which is entirely against this thread hasn't really debunked the equal interpretation argument set by Arc, neither Damage nor AKM have provided valid contentions against a "Possibly" or "Likely" rating at all, both claims are based around assumptions about the mechanics of Aizen's EE. If both sides have these somewhat equal interpretations than you inherently have to concede to at least a "Possibly" or "Likely" rating since the other interpretation could also be true.

Damage i'm asking you this, drop this claim about entirely disagreeing with the resistance, it feels like you're stonewalling this thread when yourself even admitted we're working off of purely interpretations about these scenes, you logically can't fully disagree with these additions since both are somewhat equal assumptions of what is being shown within those scans.

You should logically be on board with a "Possibly" rating at least, since this case exactly fits under that definition set by VSBW.

"Should be used to list a statistic for a character with some basis, but inconclusive due to the justification being vague or non-definitive. The probability of the justification in question for being reliable should be notable, but mild. This term should be used sparingly."

I really really despise the “I don’t see anything new so I don’t have to respond to the arguments” stuff, despite this thread being a critique of the prior arguments against the OP. However, I think to make that extremely clear, I will copy paste the points of Damage’s old OP and address it directly. This way no lazy dismissal of our arguments can be employed under the guise of “I already addressed this last thread”. I’ll get to that in a bit 🗿
Thing is, the OP changed nothing. You could read the OP and read the previous thread and everything gets addressed. It's more like, you're disagreeing with the last thread, but instead doing so in a new thread, without much to debunk any of it.

Thing is, the OP changed nothing. You could read the OP and read the previous thread and everything gets addressed. It's more like, you're disagreeing with the last thread, but instead doing so in a new thread, without much to debunk any of it.
I really have to question if you actually read Arcker’s argumentation with this above comment. But as I said earlier, I’m going to copy paste the previous thread OP arguments into a response here, so there should be no excuse for dismissing the arguments I make in my next post.

In what world does this adress what Arc said 💀. He’s saying that this thread critiques what’s on profile, and it’s annoying for you to retreat to “well previous thread” instead of responding.

Arc and Arcker are 100% correct on this topic.

If you aren't actually going to address your opponents arguments, but rather constantly just say "it was already addressed this in a previous thread" then you aren't really contesting your opponent's current arguments at all.

You're deadass just saying I'm too lazy/idc enough to actively argue with you, just read this thread goober, shit is beyond unprofessional, especially for a Bureaucrat and Administrator.

I want to clarify something too, I’m not “yelling” at y’all for thinking you addressed the arguments in the old thread. But rather than just dismiss it with “I think we debunked this already”, a more constructive response would be “I believe this addresses your counter argument” and then copy paste or link a post from the old thread. We are making this thread, because we don’t think the old thread debunked the points we were making after rereading it. However, we cannot deliberate efficiently if all we get is lazy dismissals.

I really have to question if you actually read Arcker’s argumentation with this above comment. But as I said earlier, I’m going to copy paste the previous thread OP arguments into a response here, so there should be no excuse for dismissing the arguments I make in my next post.
Arcker123's arguments are hardly that new. His primary points are:

1) The previous thread is headcanon based on vague statements.

2) This isn't how Bleach works.

3) The chair isn't an anti-feat for Aizen's EE.

I get why that would be enough for some people to just overturn the previous CRT, but seeing as most of his arguments are just statements disagreeing with the previous thread, that's not much to work with.

@Arc7Kuroi; I did copy-paste my post from the previous thread.

Arcker123's arguments are hardly that new. His primary points are:

1) the previous thread is headcanon based on vague statements.

2) This isn't how Bleach works.

3) The chair isn't an anti-feat for Aizen's EE.
You're so intellectually Lazy it incredible. Refute the arguments, we've provided new justifications for why these claims are, nd i'm willing to bet you couldn't provide where some of this was brought up in the previous thread. This is getting ridiculous, pls read what we are saying to you and stop being lazy. It's also very ironic y'all are the same people saying stuff doesn't have to be spoon fed...

@Arcker123; I don't want to spend my time here arguing the same threads over and over again. I already know I'm not going to change your mind since we're looking at this from diametrically opposite points of view. I posted my argument from the previous thread, but I can't just change your mind if that is insufficient. Likewise you won't change my mind by saying "This is headcanon" as your OP does.

🗿 I’ll get on to clearly presenting the refutation to the last thread asap, and we can pick up from there, rather than continue to derail with this discussion

@Arc7Kuroi; Fair. You're welcome to keep posting arguments of course.

I've posted my say on the topic; I just don't want to be locked into a constant cycle of back and forth on it.

I got a question, y'all remember when Aizen and Gin were walking in the street (this is before the great fight between Ichigo and Aizen)
He once mentioned that humans can't withdraw their power, due to his enormous spiritual pressure. So basically, in that anime scene, the man got erased completely, but in fact, they just did this to censor the manga version (he got killed, and his blood was on the street “violent scene”)

I got a question, y'all remember when Aizen and Gin were walking in the street (this is before the great fight between Ichigo and Aizen)
He once mentioned that humans can't withdraw their power, due to his enormous spiritual pressure. So basically, in that anime scene, the man got erased completely, but in fact, they just did this to censor the manga version (he got killed, and his blood was on the street “violent scene”)
They weren’t close enough to get their entire body erased, hence why we see only part of them erased. Ofc there’d be blood if you had a hole open up in you…

That manga scan is part of it, but them being partially or fulled erased has nothing to do with it.
No, I meant, the “limited” part comes from the fact that this EE is only applied to weak spirits, aka humans. Which I found frustrating ngl..
So I agree with @Arc7Kuroi for having possibly rating

@Arc7Kuroi; So about two possible examples that could hopefully make this better.

1) Yammy uses his Soul Suck to suck out the souls of all the humans in the nearby vicinity, but Tatsuki has a higher amount of spiritual energy than all the average humans in the area, which allows her to survive it. Tatsuki obviously isn't stronger than Yammy so where she can negate his abilities like Aizen could, but having spiritual power does provide her with an advantage.

2) Don is able to stand within Aizen's presence for a while being feeling the suffocating effects of Aizen's passive energy/aura. Again, this isn't Power Nullification on Don's part. A spiritually weaker human would have lasted even less time, and if Aizen was even stronger than he was in that scene, then Don would have lasted less time.

I saw earlier in the thread that you said how we treated Aizen's EE was without precedent - these two scenes are what I consider to be comparable and "precedent". I understand if you see them differently, but this is part of the reason why the current justification for Aizen makes sense to me.

@Dread; strictly speaking, being a fan of something isn't a guarantee against bias.

@Arc7Kuroi; So about two possible examples that could hopefully make this better.

1) Yammy uses his Soul Suck to suck out the souls of all the humans in the nearby vicinity, but Tatsuki has a higher amount of spiritual energy than all the average humans in the area, which allows her to survive it. Tatsuki obviously isn't stronger than Yammy so where she can negate his abilities like Aizen could, but having spiritual power does provide her with an advantage.

2) Don is able to stand within Aizen's presence for a while being feeling the suffocating effects of Aizen's passive energy/aura. Again, this isn't Power Nullification. A spiritually weaker human would have lasted even less time, and if Aizen was even stronger than he was in that scene, then Don would have lasted less time.

I saw earlier in the thread that you said how we treated Aizen's EE was without precedent - these two scenes are what I consider to be comparable and "precedent". I understand if you see them differently, but this is part of the reason why the current justification for Aizen makes sense to me.
Cool I include that in what I should respond to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back