• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Does Reiatsu Crush have a specific operating speed? So it spreads passively, but how long does it take to reach the range?
So far, I have not come across a versus match where the speed was not equalized and the reiatsu was not restricted, but if you still ask my opinion :

I don't think we can talk about a constant speed value, it is probably assumed to be comparable to the attack speeds of characters in battles (if there is an accepted calculation for a general value regarding the rate of spread of reiatsu, I do not know of it).
Before Reiatsu reaches his opponent, if the opponent is faster, can he reach the characters in the bleach?
As far as I remember, some Bleach characters suppress their reiatsu in order not to harm those around them, for example, in the beginning, Kenpachi was suppressing his own reiatsu and thus his power through his eye patch, and Yamamoto suppressed himself as long as he did not engage in a serious battle, but we saw that Stark did not suppress his reiatsu and passively killed his hollow friends around him, in the same way, especially Aizen. As we can see most clearly in the 3rd fusion key, he does not hesitate to erase those around him with reiatsu (even though the range of reiatsu is restricted in the Tybw key).

Coming to the question, although it probably depends on the character you use in battle and the character's key and mood, for example, if you are using Aizen, the speed at which reiatsu spreads does not matter much because Aizen never holds back his reiatsu, so if the opposing character starts close enough to him, it will be instantly erased or if it is further away, it may affected by other effects of reiatsu.

However, as I said, reiatsu must of course have a spreading speed, and if the speed in the battle in question is not equalized and the opposing side follows a battle tactic based on run away or fighting from a distance using the advantage of range, there is no need to resist the effects of reiatsu.

Does Reiatsu Crush have a specific operating speed? So it spreads passively, but how long does it take to reach the range? Before Reiatsu reaches his opponent, if the opponent is faster, can he reach the characters in the bleach?
Reiatsu has no speed. No one has dodged it or reflected it.

Reiatsu has no speed. No one has dodged it or reflected it.
.... , even passives in a every point on 3D volume (nigh-omnipresent in wiki terms) are essentially equal to infinite speed and are bypassed by an immeasurable speed. Even passives in a 4D volume (effective across the entire space-time continuum) are essentially omnipresent, so cannot be bypassed even by characters with immeasurable speed moving on the same temporal axes. The fact that any attack with reiatsu in Bleach cannot be dodged by any character means that the spread speed of reiatsu is faster than the characters in question can react, or even if we say that the spread speed of reiatsu is infinite, meaning that it can simultaneously affect every point within its range in a 3D volume, that still doesn't mean that reiatsu has no spread speed.

The scene where Senjumaru's Bankai shakes the worlds, the scene where Aizen brings Grimmjow to his knees, the scene where Yamamoto crushes Nanao (and other reiatsu crush scenes) seems almost instantaneous, true, but I still don't think we can say with certainty that a fast enough mftl+ character (e.g. Whis from Dragon Ball) can't escape it. If a statement like "the very concept of "dodging" has no meaning" used for Lille's X-Axis was used for Reiatsu, then yes that should be enough for an infinite spread speed, but since that's not the case, the claims should considered under NLF.

Reiatsu is just like a feeling. It only has range. As long as you are close to a Shinigami/Hollow, there is no way of dodging.

I think it's assumed to be comparable to the user's attack speed. Unless there are statements or showings prove it's instantaneous or infinite speed.

This is what I'm wondering about, for example, Urahara's or Aizen's range is 4 km and the match starts with a distance of 4 km. In this case, can't the faster opponent use this advantage and reach Urahara/Aizen before that reiatsu spreads to a distance of 4 km?
Unless they have immeasurable speed, they cannot ignore the passive reiatsu crush around Aizen or Urahara. We use the term passive for abilities that do not need to be actively controlled, such as those that already exist on their own, that spread on their own, that take effect on their own. However, in a case where Aizen suppresses her overwhelming reiatsu, such as before crushing Grimmjow in the Espada meeting, the cases I mentioned above are valid.

Back