• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Arc7Kuroi; I'm not suggesting that all hax be exactly the same here. Saying that other hax worked against Yhwach doesn't mean much when we're focusing on a specific ability.
Yes but it rules out the possibility of Yhwach powernulling Aizen’s hax via AP gap. The only known and stated method of powernulling outside of a specific power null hax. And still Aizen’s hax of EE aura only working on weaker beings is still subjective. With what’s been set up in the series with the power system, it’s certainly indicative of a strong possibility that Aizen’s hax should work on those relative to him, unless they resist it. Hence again the likely/possibly rating I’m proposing.

You don’t understand what he’s arguing. He’s saying that its not the case that Yhwach was unaffected via power, because Aizen can use his other hax on him, and he’s shown to be relative. He’s disproving your arg with that example.
That's assuming that the power threshold of Aizen's other abilities and EE is exactly the same though.

This falls into the same sort of rabbit hole of thinking that all hax is the same.

Once again, power just means the capability to do something, so that means he is saying that "now that I can erase beings from existence, humans can't resist it.", which further disproves the idea that its based on say his strength.

Once again, power just means the capability to do something, so that means he is saying that "now that I can erase beings from existence, humans can't resist it.", which further disproves the idea that its based on say his strength.
That's one interpretation, sure.

That's one interpretation, sure.
And you agree that your interpretation vs our interpretation is a case of equal interpretation in a vacuum. Aka neither is inherently superior to the other in a vacuum. But we’ve provided more evidence supporting our claim, debunking the opposition (like the chair argument). So, there shouldn’t be a problem with a likely/possibly rating given the series precedence and description of how hax interactions work in bleach.

That's assuming that the power threshold of Aizen's other abilities and EE is exactly the same though.

This falls into the same sort of rabbit hole of thinking that all hax is the same.
Both abilities are fueled by his Reiatsu, just like all of his other hax. This is just weird.

On a side-note, it is a bit weird responding to multiple people who all have the same profile picture.
We’ve agreed that in a vacuum our interpretations are subjective, but we’ve provided ample evidence to support Aizen’s hax not having a one off weakness not seen anywhere else, and we’ve refuted the common counter argumentation (ie chair), so ig I’m confused at the opposition to a likely/possibly rating.

Two pages and the thread just came out today.
A good portion of those posts have been light trolling and/or jokes.

Just a reminder to everyone here; save the jokes for the Fun & Games threads or DMs. This thread shouldn't be bloated with all the jokey posts up above.

I just had to delete around 14 off-topic posts.

We’ve agreed that in a vacuum our interpretations are subjective, but we’ve provided ample evidence to support Aizen’s hax not having a one off weakness not seen anywhere else, and we’ve refuted the common counter argumentation (ie chair), so ig I’m confused at the opposition to a likely/possibly rating.
Now its time to make a bible about Aizen's existence erasure.

I agree with a straight rating, I don’t really see Damage having any sort of argument here and dropping it down to a possibly to appease a staff member who’s on the back foot just seems wrong as a principle.

I’ll keep watching the thread and change my vote if Damage responds with a solid argument.

Because no new evidence has really been offered up here, I don't actually have a whole lot that I can respond to specifically. There's just accusations in the OP that it is head-canon and there is no counter to someone who will just believe that. My post on the last time previously was this:

First, we need to stop looking at this through a "VS Battle Wiki lens". Things like "Tiers" and "Attack Potency" are our terms and don't exist in Bleach, so we need to look at things through a "Bleach lens". Why are the feats that we're discussing from the OP happening in the first place.

Aizen says "Humans can't sense my power because they can't sense spirit energy. But their spirits are unable to withstand my power."

So Aizen's power, AKA his quantity of spirit energy, is having an effect on these humans because they can't withstand his power.

Why can't they withstand his power?

Based on Aizen's statement, the logical conclusion is that their spirits are too weak. They have X amount of energy and that is below the threshold needed to survive in Aizen's presence. This is fairly straightforward to accept for me because we've seen humans be pretty much at the bottom of the list in terms of spiritual energy.

We can see this effect of "withstanding power" in the other example I provided in the OP. Don Kanonji, though he possesses a weak spirit, is not so weak that he can't withstand standing in Aizen's presence for a minute before breaking down in the might of Aizen's passive spiritual energy. (He's not close enough for him to be erased, but close enough for other effects to occur)

So possessing higher amounts of spiritual energy logically makes an individual more able to "withstand Aizen's power".

So if Humans (and others who are weak enough in terms of spirit) can't withstand Aizen's power? They get their existence erased at close range.

If an individual can withstand Aizen's power? Logically they won't get their existence erased at close range.

Now, this isn't about their Tier or Attack Potency. Just because someone can smash a mountain with their bare hands doesn't mean their spirit is "strong" or "weak".

The "strength component" that you mention me talking about isn't to do with their ratings or tiers, it is to do with the strength of their spirit.

As far as I see it personally, there are two options; everyone with spiritual energy gets "Resistance to Existence Erasure" which I don't personally agree with, because I feel that it is misleading. Bleach characters don't resist existence erasure in general. Ichigo and Yhwach are just unaffected by Aizen because their spirits are not weak enough to the point where Aizen's spiritual energy would erase them.

Or we change Aizen's Existence Erasure to "Limited." He only erases individuals and objects whose spirits can't withstand his power. This doesn't mean we look at the characters tiers and say "This guy is Tier 4, so he is unaffected." That's just not how it works.

I haven't seen any convincing argument in the OP or the rest of this thread that we're supposed to assume by default that Aizen's existence erasure is an all-powerful ability when we've seen it having different effects on characters (oblitered half of a human's body while erasing just a part of Gin's body) and not work at all on some characters who are his peers (not working on Ichigo, and not working on Aizen). The chair bit is incidental really though I consider that a weak counter-argument. The chair surviving one attack/type of hax is not proof that it is therefore equally resistant to all other types of hax.

I would be willing to possibly concede on giving Ichigo and Yhwach "possible resistances" but I don't really see why we should remove the Limited specifically from Aizen's profile. All the implication in the statements is that it is based on individuals not having the strength to withstand his presence. The ones who aren't massively weaker than him just aren't affected by it. That sounds like grounds for "limited".

Last edited:
I saw the last CRT and I see no new evidence here that would change the result. It's clear that Aizen's EE is directly linked to the enormity of his spiritual pressure and works on others depending on the magnitude of their own spiritual pressures.

Because no new evidence has really been offered up here, I don't actually have a whole lot that I can respond to specifically. There's just accusations in the OP that it is head-canon and there is no counter to someone who will just believe that. My post on the last time previously was this:
Dawg. We’re just re debating the feats and what’s on profile. You’re supposed to defend your claims.
I haven't seen any convincing argument in the OP or the rest of this thread that we're supposed to assume by default that Aizen's existence erasure is an all-powerful ability when we've seen it having different effects on characters (oblitered half of a human's body while erasing just a part of Gin's body)
This is so dishonest it hurts. You’re comparing a dying Aizen’s EE who didn’t have his heart (his Reiatsu’s source) to a prime Aizen. Even then, when Aizen touched Gin he erased a massive chunk of his body. You can’t quantify this to get any meaningful results without headcanon.
and not work at all on some characters who are his peers (not working on Ichigo, and not working on Aizen).
You are fully aware this isn’t proof of anything.
The chair bit is incidental really though I consider that a weak counter-argument. The chair surviving one attack/type of hax is not proof that it is therefore equally resistant to all other types of hax.
I brought that up for precedence. It’s consistent for the chair/ss tech to take Aizen hax. The Chair thing is dumb for other reasons besides my example.
I would be willing to concede on giving Ichigo and Yhwach "possible resistances" but I don't really see why we should remove the Limited specifically from Aizen's profile. All the implication in the statements is that it is based on individuals not having the strength to withstand his presence. The ones who aren't massively weaker than him just aren't affected by it. That sounds like grounds for "limited".
The implications have been debunked. You can’t give any evidence of your interpretation.
I saw the last CRT and I see no new evidence here that would change the result. It's clear that Aizen's EE is directly linked to the enormity of his spiritual pressure and works on others depending on the magnitude of their own spiritual pressures.
Can’t give a scan of this tho…

@Arcker123; the scans you're demanding for this are the same scans that you're working off of. The same ones in Aizen's profile currently. You disagree with the interpretation of what is presented in the manga, but that doesn't mean that the scans don't exist.

Current tally stands at 3 staff members disagreeing with this, and 1 staff member agreeing with this.

the scans you're demanding for this are the same scans that you're working off of. The same ones in Aizen's profile currently. You disagree with the interpretation of what is presented in the manga, but that doesn't mean that the scans don't exist.
This is just obtuse. You don’t honestly think this is the scan that proves “Aizen’s EE only works on weaker things.” You can’t honestly interpret that from this scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back