• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toxic bleach fandom, nothing surprising at all. The same happened to other bleach CRTs. Let's drop this, and don't quote me on this shit.

Toxic bleach fandom, nothing surprising at all. The same happened to other bleach CRTs. Let's drop this, and don't quote me on this shit.
Don't wanna get quoted? Perhaps don't make the claim then.

There was no reason for you to come here randomly with "Bleach Fandom bad!" whenever this thread isn't toxic in the slightest.

Practice what ya preach there kiddo.

Don't wanna get quoted? Perhaps don't make the claim then.

There was no reason for you to come here randomly with "Bleach Fandom bad!" whenever this thread isn't toxic in the slightest.

Practice what ya preach there kiddo.
The same applied to his comment where there are no reasons for it.

Having read this thread thoroughly, I have to say that I have come to the conclusion that without a shadow of a doubt, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently, by looking this matter objectively while trying to make it clear, and by considering each and every one's opinion, I agree with a solid rating FRA

1) Yammy uses his Soul Suck to suck out the souls of all the humans in the nearby vicinity, but Tatsuki has a higher amount of spiritual energy than all the average humans in the area, which allows her to survive it. Tatsuki obviously isn't stronger than Yammy so where she can negate his abilities like Aizen could, but having spiritual power does provide her with an advantage.

So, Tatsuki not having her soul sucked out would just be an inherent resistance for Tatsuki. The databook states A) it is simply an AoE soul inhalation technique and that weaker souls taste worse than stronger souls, and B) it indiscriminately inhales souls in an AoE. These databook statements imply a couple things: first it mentions that the weaker the soul, the poorer the taste, this inherently means that it is possible to inhale strong souls, as the very mention of a taste gradient correlated to soul power objectively means stronger better tasting souls can be affected by Gonzui. Second, the databook states the technique is indiscriminate, meaning it doesn't simply target weak souls, it targets all souls, and in combination with the prior statement, it proves it can suck out strong souls. As far as Yammy calling Tatsuki strong, that is just in reference to her still being alive, and doesn't inherently mean Gonzui only works on weak souls, in fact the databooks go directly against that notion as shown above. Nothing in that scene objectively proves that Tatsuki survived cuz she had a strong soul in the sense of high AP, this would just be a case of Tatsuki having resistance to soul manipulation as the databooks make it clear that Gonzui indiscriminately inhales souls and can inhale strong souls.

2) Don is able to stand within Aizen's presence for a while being feeling the suffocating effects of Aizen's passive energy/aura. Again, this isn't Power Nullification on Don's part. A spiritually weaker human would have lasted even less time, and if Aizen was even stronger than he was in that scene, then Don would have lasted less time.

Aizen's EE aura is within ~an elbow's distance from his body, Kanonji was clear far from an elbows distance from Aizen. So, this has nothing to do with EE at all, Aizen is congratulating Don for withstanding his passive reiatsu crush, which he states later in the arc that he had intentionally lowered his power so even humans like Tatsuki could sense it. Not only is this not relevant to Aizen's EE aura, as Don isn't in the EE aura, this scene isn't even referencing his able to erase souls from existence.

Aizen says in the first two examples that "humans can't withstand his spiritual energy" and "any human in contact with him will cease to exist." Why mention humans? It's not because his spiritual energy only works on humans but because they're just so absolutely weak compared to Aizen that they're the ones who are going to be erased. They're bottom of the barrel. The gap could not be larger between them.

Why mention humans? Because in the context of both of those two instances Aizen was interacting with humans. Aizen's statement is esoteric in this instance. There is no logical reason for Aizen to erase a human and say "I can erase Hollows", that would be entirely random and nonsensical in context, as Aizen is only interacting with humans here. This premise gets debunked in the TYBW, when we see Aizen erase a Shinigami, and both Aizen and Shunsui silently affirm that Aizen could even erase Shunsui if he got too close. In the instance with Shunsui, Aizen directly refers to Shunsui, "I don't need to remind you what will happen if you get close", since the context is revolving around Shunsui, he only refers to Shunsui. Aizen doesn't look at Shunsui and go, "I can erase Hollows", just in the same way that he isn't going to say that after he got done erasing humans. This is an argument from ignorance and in no way proves Aizen can only erase humans. Absolute worst case scenario for me, this argument is entirely negged by equal interpretation, as I can simply claim he only mentioned humans in that scene because he had just erased humans, but as I proved earlier, his EE works on more than just humans, so this premise is objectively wrong as well.

1) One supporting points for this is when we see a character who is spiritual stronger than a human come into contact with Aizen, the effect is far less pronoucned. Gin gets swatted by Aizen as he's betraying him and trying to steal the Hogyoku from Aizen, but when we see the damage to Gin's arm, only a small portion of his arm has been erased. Compared to when a human had half his body simply wiped out up above in the first example.

As I mentioned above, Aizen's EE range is within roughly an elbow's distance from his body, and Gin never gets that close to Aizen. The only instance he does get within that range is when his poison has already deteriorated by Gin's poison as a hole immediately opens in Aizen. Considering your body stops producing spirit energy if your soul's heart is stopped, Aizen's abilities and powers would halt after having his heart rotted away by Gin's poison. However, even if you want to ignore that, Aizen objectively states that he wanted to let Gin betray him out of morbid curiosity, so it is entirely realistic that Aizen simply let Gin touch him and opted not to exude his EE aura, as Bleach characters can restrict their own abilities and power. Then when Aizen finally does lash out in rage and fear of death, he does erase part of Gin before Gin is able to escape, as you concede to. The only reason Gin isn't entirely erased is because he leaps away before Aizen can fully lash out. So, not only does Gin not withstand Aizen's EE as you concede to, but he's never in the aura (he leaps away before Aizen can fully lash out) in the first place. Gin isn't an anti-feat, he's actually consistent with Aizen's EE aura being indiscriminate.

2) Another supporting point is that when Aizen actually faces down people who are relatively comparable or superior to him, such as Ichigo or Yhwach, he doesn't erase even a little bit of their body, unlike Gin's in the above example.

You've already conceded to equal interpretation (Ichigo and Yhwach simply have resistance) earlier. So, this isn't an argument especially when the topic at hand is proposing that they resist EE, so obviously if they resist it they wouldn't get erased.

Personally, I'm in favor of slapping likely ratings for the EE aura and resistances due to healthy skepticism, but arguing that it's limited to humans is blatantly false.

@Damage3245 I didn't include your Don Kanonji point from the old thread because you made the same point just recently in this thread.

I'll respond to more tomorrow when I have time, but just to quickly get to one point:

Aizen's EE aura is within ~an elbow's distance from his body, Kanonji was clear far from an elbows distance from Aizen. So, this has nothing to do with EE at all, Aizen is congratulating Don for withstanding his passive reiatsu crush, which he states later in the arc that he had intentionally lowered his power so even humans like Tatsuki could sense it. Not only is this not relevant to Aizen's EE aura, as Don isn't in the EE aura, this scene isn't even referencing his able to erase souls from existence.

Did you think that my post had something to do with Don withstanding existence erasure? I don't think I said that anywhere.

Did you think that my post had something to do with Don withstanding existence erasure? I don't think I said that anywhere.
A) If you concede it has nothing to do with EE, it's irrelevant to Aizen's EE aura
B) I addressed that Aizen was holding back, so nerfed Aizen's rc aura not auto incapping Don isn't an anti-feat for Aizen

A) If you concede it has nothing to do with EE, it's irrelevant to Aizen's EE aura
B) I addressed that Aizen was holding back, so nerfed Aizen's rc aura not auto incapping Don isn't an anti-feat for Aizen
A) It has to do with spiritual energy.
B) Aizen holding back or not isn't relevant to the point. It was not worded as an anti-feat for Aizen speicifcally.

As mentioned above, I'll go over it again when I have time since the relevance of it was lost on people.

A) It has to do with spiritual energy.
B) Aizen holding back or not isn't relevant to the point. It was not worded as an anti-feat for Aizen speicifcally.

As mentioned above, I'll go over it again when I have time since the relevance of it was lost on people.
A) it has to do with Aizen's severally self-nerfed spirit energy, so it doesn't add to your argument
B) cool so you concede it isn't an anti-feat for the pro side

You’re being so pretentious and ratty. You’re arguing an irrelevant point and keeping it vague so when you get slammed on it you can retreat back to “You didn’t understand it.” Insane.

Also respond to Deceiveds arguments.

You’re being so pretentious and ratty. You’re arguing an irrelevant point and keeping it vague so when you get slammed on it you can retreat back to “You didn’t understand it.” Insane.

Also respond to Deceiveds arguments.
It's extremely relevant. You just didn't understand it as far as I can tell. If you understood it and disagreed with it, that'd be one thing, but you don't even understand why I mentioned it which is the frustrating thing for me. I grant you that I may have done a rushed job of explaining it so the relevance was lost on you, but from my perspective it is pretty clear.

This isn't me trying to be ratty with you; just an expression of my frustration.

@Arc7Kuroi; It being a feat or an anti-feat has nothing do with it. I don't understand you.
If this means nothing for Aizen’s EE or your arguments for it then how are you not just wasting our time? Literally any conclusion you try to come to to help your case is refuted and undermined by it being stated Aizen was holding back his Reiatsu. Stop being a rat and being pretentious.

@Arcker123; chill out now. Calling me a "rat" is uncalled for and you're just making yourself look worse. Take this as an official warning to cut out the personal attacks on this thread.

If this means nothing for Aizen’s EE or your arguments for it then how are you not just wasting our time? Literally any conclusion you try to come to to help your case is refuted and undermined by it being stated Aizen was holding back his Reiatsu. Stop being a rat and being pretentious.
No need to be toxic because he disagrees with you

@Arcker123; chill out now. Calling me a "rat" is uncalled for and you're just making yourself look worse. Take this as an official warning to cut out the personal attacks on this thread.
Look, I have a problem with you being vague as hell and weaseling away from counters, all whilst being pretentious and dismissing what I’m saying. That’s annoying and I perceive that as “ratty.” 😐.

@Damage3245 To make your argument more clear to everyone.

Is your argument that Aizen's Existence Erasure is based around his level of Reiatsu comparative to his opponent's level of Reiryoku? since the post within itself doesn't really explain what your main contention exactly is that well.

To be fair to Damage he may or may not be busy with IRL. If he said he'll give more input tomorrow just wait, if he doesn't comment by then at that point you can just continue without him.

There's a good chance he's at work rn 💀

Look, I have a problem with you being vague as hell and weaseling away from counters, all whilst being pretentious and dismissing what I’m saying. That’s annoying and I perceive that as “ratty.” 😐.
I'm not trying to be vague - I think I'm just doing a bad job of explaining it. I've ran into this problem in the past.

EDIT: Reminder that joke posts such as the one above will be deleted.

I'm not trying to be vague - I think I'm just doing a bad job of explaining it. I've ran into this problem in the past.

EDIT: Reminder that joke posts such as the one above will be deleted.
No, you are not being vague, I think he did not understand you very much, perhaps have time to explain it tmr. I am also reconsidering my decision in this CRT.

My issue isn’t solely that. It’s just you’re being annoying and pretentious when misunderstandings naturally arise from your responses.

“I’ll take it you didn’t understand my post then” is an annoyingly pretentious response, especially when the “misunderstanding” is your fault.

My issue isn’t solely that. It’s just you’re being annoying and pretentious when misunderstandings naturally arise from your responses.

“I’ll take it you didn’t understand my post then” is an annoyingly pretentious response, especially when the kil “misunderstanding” is your fault.
That's not my trying to be insulting, honestly. That's just me trying to summarize the situation from my perspective which is that you didn't understand it rather than you disagreed with it.

That's still no provocation for you to resort to insults though.

Now that y’all explained your differences can we agree to move on from this misunderstanding 🗿 Arcker can be more careful with his wording to not come across as rude and Damage can be more careful with his wording to not come off as pretentious, and we be on our merry way with this crt?

Equal Interpretation is the entire reason I agreed to a Possibly rating for the Resistances.

If you agree it's just a 50/50 equal interpretation based on the provided information, you HAVE to concede to a possibly as it would fall under a possibly by definition. Not solid enough for a full rating (i.e. people doubt the full rating based on the Dan scans and the scan of Aizen erasing half the dude, talking directly about strength and humans not being able to withstand it), but there's enough for it to be possible.

The only way you can disagree with that is if you disagree with equal interpretation, and then you'd have to argue why it isn't equal interpretation.

I saw the last CRT and I see no new evidence here that would change the result. It's clear that Aizen's EE is directly linked to the enormity of his spiritual pressure and works on others depending on the magnitude of their own spiritual pressures.
if we decide that he is doing it with direct spiritual pressure, we should give it to Ichigo yhwach hikone and everyone who is related? Then why do you have this talent in Aizen? Dangai Ichigo has much, much more spiritual power than the aizen form with this expression, if it is related to spiritual power, then all dangai Ichigo and above should be too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back