• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach- PTS Speed Downgrade

yours got like buried. Like I said. Thread went south
Gonna repost this in case u missed it

you posted a single slide from a powerpoint without any context. in context it means why light is repelled off at the correct angle, with the correct setting and surface. You havent proved anything

TBH, I don't have an issue with still accepting this Beam of Light as Light Speed, I don't think you can get more blatant than a Beam of Light

that's irrelevant to the op please let's stay to the main points

I already have passed High School, no need for a online class

I think it is relevant since the person I was responding to was arguing that Ceros = "spiritual light" because "light bends space". There are many examples of Cero behaving in ways decidedly unlike how light works and the same is true for other reiryoku and reishi-based techniques and abilities, as I also pointed out.

The same applies to Mask De Masculine's attack. Unless the beam actually burned into Renji's Zanpakuto (which it didn't), I doubt that an attack composed purely of light would leave behind that much smoke, or even fire, once it impacted with a sword and did nothing to the sword in question. Furthermore, the "Klang" sound effect definitely sounds like something physical impacting the blade.

Again, the sound stuff was talked about and solved so irrelevant

And please stop commenting since we are waiting for other threads to be done so that this one can continue and we dont want this one to keep derailing more

Going against this is incredibly hypocritical in literally every way. Nitpicking this into bloody oblivion. I wasn’t even aware of thins sound thing until it was used on a Blesch thread. There isn’t a single other verse that has to go through this for laser like attacks.
Let's ignore the sound thing for a minute and go by our standards.

The attack is called "beam of light". Fine. Now, we need something to support it being lightspeed because it being called a beam of light is not enough.

Even if we consider "he repelled my attack" as actual reflection, which I am okay with, it's still only one point.

Going by our standards, we need a "few" (at a minimum) supporting points to conclude that the beam is actually light speed. We only have one supporting point.

The beam is not shown to refract in a new material, such as a liquid or...
The beam is not called lightspeed by reliable sources
It is not stated to be made of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source
It does not have its origin at a realistic source of light, such as a camera

From what I am looking at, it does not meet the criteria to be classified as light speed in the first place. If there is something I am missing, tell me.

It’s stated to be a light ray by the user himself of said ability. Even said Kanji confirms this. That’s two points I don’t see how you don’t see that when you claimed to have read said thread that agreed with it in the 1st place?

You only need 2 of the points minimum to be accepted.

If you have an issue with beam of light being used as a form of evidence take it up in the thread tempest made to clarify.

Last edited:
The beam is stated to be of light. We know the author is aware of light speed and the theory of relativity. So we can assume its light speed as well

Wow. Accusing me of not reading the thread while it seems you did not read the standards.

Most lasers in fiction are not real or provable as real. Often they are supernatural in nature and do not function anywhere close to how real light should. Therefore, lasers/light beams are only accepted as real if they meet, at a minimum, a few of these criteria:

• The beam refracts in a new material, such as a liquid or...
  • The beam reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror
  • The beam is called lightspeed by reliable sources
  • It is stated to be made of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source
  • It has its origin at a realistic source of light, such as a camera

Being stated by the character to be a beam of light is just the beginning. It means, you need additional points to support it. One of those points being reflection thing. The beam is not called light speed by other reliable sources, you cannot use the beginning point itself as one of the additional requirements to prove the same point lol

Last edited:
I read said standard and am familiar with it. I was in the thread that got it accepted in the 1st place.

Like I said if you have an issue with people using “beam of light” as a form of evidence to support then take it up in the thread Tempest made because you seem to be pretty much unaware as to how that is being used as a form of evidence for years.

How’d you think it got accepted in the 1st place by your fellow peers if this isn’t actually evidence? Or how dozens of other light calcs use the same thing I’m using?

Both these scans are from cfyow volume 2

CSGUytw9ykCHQZlMJ-aAlxAfOOwD2-HgDzE3H654Q6lUTGGAsleBkfCSEQ1WFVkdBpzMCWVQGoDSWRNOQKRpj3vSHEhTbeQrU_nOpEdZ3nAlHIu0_zl25HSGyQ-vHY8Kd4xVNcx6

55eR_wBsxhW9bZ2PJ-3Vn8qlcNhMh_0oHc3vV0jF9NEuR-gEHXw6VFjQz9rDStUafk3Qys1WFM0Kv4owjiUO4yHNlXL_yxQHTEXwoN6AVecUQbPAuNBPV7ln1oKHfJORF10_N52J

Like I said if you have an issue with people using “beam of light” as a form of evidence to support
As far as I can tell, you are misinterpreting the standards.

The page says in the first paragraph "This article will set forth the standards of this wiki in determining what is considered a real "light beam" and what to do once the feat has achieved that status."

The character said I am firing a beam of light. Okay. This is the point that establishes it being a beam of light. Now it has to go through the standards and fulfill it. To do so, it needs to satisfy a few other criteria at minimum. One of those criteria is reflection thing. Which is fine, but that's it. You can't use the first point again to say that it is stated to be made of light by a reliable source. In fact, stated to be light and stated to be made of light/photons are entirely different things. Do you get me?

As far as I can tell, you are misinterpreting the standards.

The page says in the first paragraph "This article will set forth the standards of this wiki in determining what is considered a real "light beam" and what to do once the feat has achieved that status."

The character said I am firing a beam of light. Okay. This is the point that establishes it being a beam of light. Now it has to go through the standards and fulfill it. To do so, it needs to satisfy a few other criteria at minimum. One of those criteria is reflection thing. Which is fine, but that's it. You can't use the first point again to say that it is stated to be made of light by a reliable source. In fact, stated to be light and stated to be made of light/photons are entirely different things. Do you get me?
AKM, they thing being called "a beam of light" follows the fourth standard.
  • It is stated to be made of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source

I’m well aware being called light and being called photons aren’t the same thing. I’ve said it earlier myself. But you’re not getting the point at all.

This has been used as evidence for one of the listed types of evidence for years now and for some reason you’re ignoring this.

So as far as I can see you need to say something in that thread tempest made with the other staff and actually clarify the standards. You know the same ones that got said feat accepted in the 1st place by calc members and admins alike?

This has been used as evidence for one of the listed types of evidence for years now and for some reason you’re ignoring this.
I am just going by the standards. It's not my fault people have not been following such standards strictly in the past, but two wrongs don't make a right.

That said, I will come back when that misunderstanding is cleared in Tempest's thread.

I’m well aware being called light and being called photons aren’t the same thing. I’ve said it earlier myself. But you’re not getting the point at all.
Just to be sure, you agree that those are not the same things so that part can't be used as a supporting point? If your problem is that other verses are doing it, then those verses need to be looked at separately too.

Agreed. But I don't think this beam has been stated to be made of photons. Nor stated to be lightspeed. Simply "light" by the character firing it himself, and it being deflected by a metallic weapon, which as I said earlier, I feel are insufficient points in support for something to be treated as legit light.

Back