• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Blake Belladona vs Guts

Besides enhanced senses are not able to figure out whether a person is conscious or not. If so, you'd better prove it
As was previously discussed, Blake has the least reservations about killing people out of all the members of Team RWBY. If a random guy was actively trying to kill her she wouldnt just leave him unconscious.

And as also brought up earlier, Blake has no issue with dodging projectiles or cutting them out of the air, so even if he tried to get a drop on her with an explosive she wouldnt really have any issue avoiding it, its nothing new to her.

Again, as I've said many times, at best, Dragon Slayer will get encased in ice due to Guts abusing its size throughout the fight, it's unlikely she will be able to encase his entire form or his cannon arm in ice completely.
She can fully encase monsters larger than herself in ice, why would she be unable to encase Guts in ice?

Human Mozgus' casual God Breath(119.07 tons) <<< Apostle Form Mozgus <= Injured Guts (Matched and defeated Apostle Form Mozgus) << Human Grunbeld (Effortlessly stomped an injured Guts) <= Fully Healthy Guts << Apostle Form Grunbeld << Apostle Form Grunbeld's durability <<<<< Berserker Armor Guts (Effortlessly dominated Apostle Form Grunbeld and made a crack in his face with a single slash)
there's gotta be some other feat thats higher than 119tnt

But this gives me a better view on the match. I see Blake being able to damage Guts, considering the amount of damage he takes from the demon whale biting down on his armor, Would Blake scale enough that a couple of direct hits could start chipping away at his armor though small? At some point she'd make a big enough hole or mutliple holes where she could just stab through. I know it isn't enough to kill him but it'll definitely **** him up more than normal.
0270-010.png

Here also the more he's pushed will just make him bleed more.
0271-019.png

Also what stops Blake from just Disarming Guts?
She can just use Gambol Shroud to rip Dragon Slayer from Guts' arms and then leave him some-what defenseless
She can then go to town on him from that point on

Also what stops Blake from just Disarming Guts?
She he just use Gambol Shroud to rip Dragon Slayer from Guts' arms and then leave him some-what defenseless
She can then go to town on him from that point on
Yall are really just throwing around arguments like "what stops her from this" or "what stops her from that".

Guts does. Why is Guts going to suddenly allow her to disarm him???

there's gotta be some other feat thats higher than 119tnt

But this gives me a better view on the match. I see Blake being able to damage Guts, considering the amount of damage he takes from the demon whale biting down on his armor, Would Blake scale enough that a couple of direct hits could start chipping away at his armor though small? At some point she'd make a big enough hole or mutliple holes where she could just stab through. I know it isn't enough to kill him but it'll definitely **** him up more than normal.
0270-010.png

Here also the more he's pushed will just make him bleed more.
0271-019.png
The armor literally seals the hole shut in this exact scan you've sent-

I mean...Its Class M vs Class 50, even if he was actively fighting against it Blake is technically more than strong enough to just overpower his grip strength and disarm him

I mean...Its Class M vs Class 50, even if he was actively fighting against it Blake is technically more than strong enough to just overpower his grip strength and disarm him
I never questioned her Lifting Strength, I question her ability to actually use the weapon to get a grip on him and disarm him.

Yall are really just throwing around arguments like "what stops her from this" or "what stops her from that".
Cause she can and has done that
Guts is very prone to tanking things head on and btw He is severely outclassed in Lifting Strength
So no, he is not stopping her from doing so
That combine with Blake spamming Semblance will make it easy for her to get an opening to do so

Guts is very prone to tanking things head on and btw He is severely outclassed in Lifting Strength
So no, he is not stopping her from doing so
Yes, he literally is. Tanking things head-on does not mean he will suddenly allow himself to be disarmed, he takes things head-on to get an advantage, when he sees something is trying to disarm him, he will opt to avoid it. Saying this is akin to equating Guts' combat smarts to genuine brutish stupidity.

how many though :unsure:
One at a time but she can make them in rapid succession, iirc the most she has mad back to back is six

To clarify, theyre not exactly clones, theyre just versatile afterimages that she can give elemental properties to

If she can encase monsters bigger than Guts in ice, spam exploding clones that scale >250 tons, Has likely similar acrobatics to Guts, she might win.

I really see Guts winning through sheer stamina, being a better fighter, and his attacks should neg any regen Blake has unless she can heal her soul.

Blake has a passive forcefield around herself so he would need to get through that first
Does it defend from soul attacks? Remember the guy can literally damage spiritual beings.

Edit: He can attack ghosts, so if it can block out npi then cool but Guts shouldn't have trouble breaking, and does it drain her to have to repair it?

Yes, he literally is. Tanking things head-on does not mean he will suddenly allow himself to be disarmed, he takes things head-on to get an advantage, when he sees something is trying to disarm him, he will opt to avoid it. Saying this is akin to equating Guts' combat smarts to genuine brutish stupidity.
With Blake's LF, is she it gets ahold of Dragon Slayer for even a second then thats enough to drag it right out of his hands
And even if he does avoid it, nothing stops from Blake from trying again and again cause her semblance gives her that versatility and that advantage
Plus she can Shoot Ice Dust at Guts and just freeze his movements to make taking it away easier and blake can both attack and shoot ice dust in a sequential manner that combos into each other

With Blake's LF, is she it gets ahold of Dragon Slayer for even a second then thats enough to drag it right out of his hands
And even if he does avoid it, nothing stops from Blake from trying again and again cause her semblance gives her that versatility and that advantage
Plus she can Shoot Ice Dust at Guts and just freeze his movements to make taking it away easier and blake can both attack and shoot ice dust in a sequential manner that combos into each other
She won't get a hold of it, though. Because he will avoid it.

By the time Blake even catches him once in her semblance, he will break out with an explosion because he will not be encased in it, and he'd have figured out how to time his attacks to avoid it. Same guy who was able to predict the trajectory of multitudes of chakram he'd never seen before coming at him, many of which he did without even looking, it will not be hard to time his attacks to simply avoid her clones.

That creature is not larger than the Dragon Slayer. Guts is larger than her and the Dragon Slayer is larger than him.
If i can find a picture of it Blake can freeze monsters this large, but that was more to show that she is capable of fully encasing opponents in ice
Also, isn't this a video game? Is it canon to the show?
Grimm Eclipse is canon to the show yeah, RWBY is kinda funky in that it has a LOT of canon stuff that exists in other media such as comics, novels, games, and even other animations and a knockoff D&D campaign

bruh the wound is shown still bleeding, why would it show us a panel of it bleeding if the armor closed itself? There'd be no reason for that. And again his page does not say that, you think something like this they'd put on page.
Because blood was already outside of the armor. Why would blood that had already been outside of the armor suddenly disappear once the armor had been sealed? It was not still bleeding, that blood was already there.

And no, the page doesn't have to say it, it's blatant. Words aren't everything.

Because blood was already outside of the armor. Why would blood that had already been outside of the armor suddenly disappear once the armor had been sealed? It was not still bleeding, that blood was already there.

And no, the page doesn't have to say it, it's blatant. Words aren't everything.
The panel has a bleed sfx right above it 💀

I can't see that image, sorry.

Guts' Dragon Slayer is probably just as large as that lmao.

She won't get a hold of it, though. Because he will avoid it.

By the time Blake even catches him once in her semblance, he will break out with an explosion because he will not be encased in it, and he'd have figured out how to time his attacks to avoid it. Same guy who was able to predict the trajectory of multitudes of chakram he'd never seen before coming at him, many of which he did without even looking, it will not be hard to time his attacks to simply avoid her clones.
Fair Point
But this would be bad for Guts then
With how Momentum works with Guts sword swings
If he swings and misses once, he's gonna be open for at least a second
Thats more than enough time for Blake to shadow behind him and freeze him then disarm him or just disarm him outright while is sword is swinging through the air

If guts swings and misses its not like he can INSTANTLY switch the momentum of his strike to defend his blindside instantaneously. And Guts leaving his blindside open will present the opportunity to freeze him and disarm him

Does it defend from soul attacks? Remember the guy can literally damage spiritual beings.

Edit: He can attack ghosts, so if it can block out npi then cool but Guts shouldn't have trouble breaking, and does it drain her to have to repair it?
Damaging spiritual beings is just NPI, not soul manip, and yes it can block NPI.

He would have to land several dozen solid hits on her before it gets to the point of breaking completely

Fair Point
But this would be bad for Guts then
With how Momentum works with Guts sword swings
If he swings and misses once, he's gonna be open for at least a second
Thats more than enough time for Blake to shadow behind him and freeze him then disarm him or just disarm him outright while is sword is swinging through the air

If guts swings and misses its not like he can INSTANTLY switch the momentum of his strike to defend his blindside instantaneously. And Guts leaving his blindside open will present the opportunity to freeze him and disarm him
Yeah, he can.

The armor clearly sealed itself since the hole was smaller than previously so I dunno what to tell you M8.
💀 Did not do that my guy. But wtv, Blake should be able to attack one spot on the armor multiple times after seeing that she can create an opening in it.

Yeah, he can.
He would quite literally have to be moving instantly to switch the momentum from swinging forward to swinging backward in an instant
Guts cant do that
There is and will always be some in-between laps of time no matter how small and its that laps of time that Blake can shadow and strike in

Back