• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Any proof of curses have no Ethernano in them? I mean the demons were created by Zeref the Dark Magician and they are creatures magical in nature so this needs more proof than just saying there are curses. They even work like magic IIRC.

And the same goes to Natsu eating in Edolas. I don't remember that part. Have some scan?

Rin The Dragon Empress said:
Uh no. You can't slap a multiplier from Natsu onto Acno. Acno doesn't have a set Amp for when he eats elements. And Quakes aren't just vibrations, they're literally localized earthquakes. The AP he'll gain isn't gonna be enough to win. Which he won't get in the first place.
I'm not. I'm using a similar example of what happened when a dragon slayer ate an element from someone on a similar power level. You can also see literally every time a dragon slayer has ever eaten a different element. They get a tremendous boost in power. More than enough for Acno to beat Natsu.

Anyway, seems like the votes are being questioned and countered. Ergo the votes for both should go to 0 again.
No, they don't go to 0 when you're debating, they go to 0 if they've been countered. And they haven't been countered because I'm saying why what you're saying is wrong.

Also using this BB is a dumb idea. We don't even know what he has now and it's likely that he probably has another DF. Hence why this match shouldn't be valid no matter how you cut it.

@Dragon

I could literally say the same thing about you "debunking" the previous BB votes. Seeing as how they're still valid we either count them again or replace them to 0 seeing as how you're the wrong one. Everything in FT contains Ethernano hence why Slayers can eat elements. BB's attacks don't.

@Dragon

I could literally say the same thing about you "debunking" the previous BB votes. Seeing as how they're still valid we either count them again or replace them to 0 seeing as how you're the wrong one. Everything in FT contains Ethernano hence why Slayers can eat elements. BB's attacks don't.
What? Verse equalization gets rid of that. Same with genjutsu not working on people without chakra, Stands not being seen by non stand users, DBZ characters only being able to destroy things that have ki in them, etc.

So...Can Acno eat natural fire? I've asked a few times and I don't think I've gotten a straight answer yet. If Ethernano isn't the reason they can eat elements that aren't created through magic, then does my explanation and conclusion from before make sense? If there's no reason to believe that Acno can eat natural fire, then we shouldn't be debating with that assumption in mind.

If the best reasoning given is "he can eat all magic and fire can be made magically therefore he can eat fire" then I'd have to disagree. And if he can eat other natural elements, how is that possible with the rules established in the verse? The more I learn about dragonslayers the less sense it makes. The only explanation I can think of that might make sense would be to make massive logical leaps and take Natsu's consumption of other kinds of magic that a dragonslayer of one element can eat and acclimate to other elements. That would naturally allow a fire dragonslayer to develop a tolerance to the negative effects of eating electricity, until eventually they could eat it at the same level as their original element. Of course then you'd run into the issue of Acno eating time and reality affecting magic...Is time an element?

@VindictiveLoser

"The more I learn about dragonslayers the less sense it makes"

Welcome to Fairy Tail my dude.

And about the time it's because Acno ate the Space Between Time. An anomaly made from a magical time travelling gate.

So Natsu can eath both natural fire and magical fire. The element and the magic are the same thing. Acnologia can eat fire magic so he can eat natural fire. See with Elements, you have to understand that that's not a thing in fairy tail. There's just magic, no specific categories beyond Caster and Holder. The magics can be really strange sometimes too. For example, Sting's White Dragon Slayer Magic. People usually think that he is the Light dragon slayer magic but that's not the case. Sting can eat anything that is the color white and his powers involve the symbolism associated with that color. It's both holy and light magic but unified under one magic known as white dragon slaying magic.

If there is no distinction between magic and natural elements, then what about altered elements? Lightning or fire with different properties or that behaves differently? Based on my understanding, Natsu could eat fire from characters like Enji and Shoto from MHA, but couldn't from KHR characters...though in that case it's less due to their fire being different and more due to it not actually being fire.

From what I'm seeing, it seems like my hypothesis is correct to some degree though it isn't likely the explanation for Acno's unique DS typing. If I had to guess, FT just doesn't care what is or isn't magic, if it's "fire" a fire DS can eat it. Not a fan of that kinda system myself but whatever works I guess. I suppose a more open-ended system is better suited to a fairly light-hearted adventure story anyway.

This'll more than likely be my last comment here since fairly soon I won't have time to reply for at least about 5 hours, but I wasn't really involved in the vs debate so I suspect that won't be an issue.

Yeah, there's no difference. Natsu was able to eat this rainbow fire magic where each colored fire had something like a status effect on the target. KHR is more like pure energy rather than actual fire.

Yeah, pretty much.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Acno: 7 (Dragon, Garg, Aubin, Fix, Acno,Erco,Calaca)

BB: 0

gonna add it now
Also Fix's vote shouldn't count. He honestly didn't even give a legit vote.
Attacking the validity of a vote as opposed to actually addressing it. Classic.

DragonEmperor23 said:
wasn't calaca the 7th vote?
You're right, my mistake. its 6-1 then. Though I'm not sure we should count Rin's if he's just going to insult other's instead of prove why something is faulty beyond head canon.

Well first off I'm not a he thank you. And when did I ever insult you? And it's 5-1 you're vote doesn't count. The reason was for "There's a stat gap, 345 vs at least" which makes no sense.

He can negate DF powers but he can also absorb attacks. Also there's arguments that are being made questioning if he can even eat them to begin with. They're also intangible due to being Shadows.

and acno is always bloodlust, also the human acno kill many 7-a to high 6-c(animus) like dragon in past like nothing, i dont think its even a challange for me, explosion creation,explosive aura,soul manipulation energy attack spam etc, give him easy win

Wait, if the verses aren't equalized here, then Blackbeard can't negate or absorb Acnologia's Attacks, since Acno doesn't have a devil fruit

Also there's arguments that are being made questioning if he can even eat them to begin with. They're also intangible due to being Shadows.
Gajeel ate Future Rogue's Shadows, arguing it is intangible is irrelevant when Acno eats everything.

Sting also ate Rogue's shadows in the Alvarez Arc, Kageyama was hitting people with shadows back in the third arc. The intangible shadows argument against Acno eating it is futile.

1997KD said:
Burning Full Fingers said:
Pretty sure Teach can absorb inorganic stuff, so it shouldn't be related to devil fruits.
Feat?
Here from Chapter 441:

[[1]]

He absorb the whole town with his df power, he can absorb people and other stuffs too...

People make everytime mistake with Acnologia power, he never show one time in manga to eat attacks who come in close combat. Igneel fire punch> Acnologia don´t absorb it, Igneel fire ball>Possibly Acno eat that because it was long range attack(aoe). He can´t eat such close combat attacks and Blackbeard moveset based on close combat skills. So Acnologia can´t do any shit against the Quake power or did you guys see one feat of Acnologia in the manga when he absorb close combat magic??

Feat?
Here from Chapter 441:

[[1]]

He absorb the whole town with his df power, he can absorb people and other stuffs too...

People make everytime mistake with Acnologia power, he never show one time in manga to eat attacks who come in close combat. Igneel fire punch> Acnologia don´t absorb it, Igneel fire ball>Possibly Acno eat that because it was long range attack(aoe). He can´t eat such close combat attacks and Blackbeard moveset based on close combat skills. So Acnologia can´t do any shit against the Quake power or did you guys see one feat of Acnologia in the manga when he absorb close combat magic??

He ate close combat attacks from almost all the fairy tail memebers he was fighting during the time Natsu, Laxus, Sting, Rouge etc. the only reason Natsu was able to hit him was because of Fairy Heart which is extremely broken.

Back