• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I know it isn't and he loses as I agreed

But he's smart enough to not use DF after one strike

Ya'll are complaining about whether or not Acno matches are actually a stomp or not

Meanwhile Im here complaining that Kagura gets NO "F-ing" MATCHES!

I still find the votes for Acno to be ridiculous. They are based on the assumption that Acno can eat attacks he's never been shown to eat such as shadows and vibrations. They also ignore the fact that BB has better range than this version of Acno and his own AP advantage. Furthermore BB's AP is even higher than the other Yonko due to having Whitebeard's DF which is what made him feared amongst the Yonko and Navy. Acno doesn't have feats of absorbing darkness and certainly doesn't have feats of him eating something like earthquakes. Last but not least BB can also just BFR. I do also have issues with even using this version of BB as we haven't seen much of him nor do we know what he's capable of at this point. And the area they're fighting is unfair.

1. Why did you wait until it was unanimous to mention it again?

2. Dragonslayers eat magic, Acno is the dragon of magic and can eat all magic shown in his verse which includes vibrations and shadows. AP advantage is less than 2X and gets negged by Acno eating and powering up. BB doesn't even have BFR.

1: Because this was the only time I had time to comment? Last I checked that isn't against the rules.

2: Yeah no, it doesn't work like that. Acno hasn't actually been shown to eat things like Darkness and Quakes. At best you'd be able to say he's able to eat darkness but not quakes. They aren't an element. And again "He can eat all magic in the verse" is an NLF. Now he'll be able to eat Existence Erasure? Wank. Feats>>> statements. And that's based on the assumption that he can even eat the attacks which he can't. Furthermore BB does have BFR via Blackhole as seen with the guards at Impel Down. And he doesn't primarily use his darkness for attacks. He uses them to absorb and pull things towards him, he'd pull Acno towards him and then it'd be CqC which he'd dominate. He's scaling above 345 Gigatons by a decent amount so he'd have a solid AP advantage over Acno.

1.understandable

2. It does, actually. I mean Sound isn't an element, it's still a FT magic. Existence Erasure comes from Memento Mori which is a Curse and not magic. I agree, and all of Acnologia's feats support the statements. He's been able to eat every magic he's come across. Then Acno just eats it. If the darkness is pulling Acno, then he just eats it all and stomps BB with his newfound AP advantage. Plus, Acno's attacks will do extra damage to BB because of BB's fruit making attacks do more damage to him.

I actually have a question. I have no intention of voting or really participating I just need something cleared up. I'm not a fan of FT so I don't follow it but one of my friends is so I have some knowledge, which leads into my question.

Dragonslayers can eat the elements they represent, correct? Well, apparently they can eat others as well but lets not get into that right now. Natsu, for example, can eat naturally occuring fire because his element is fire, and he can eat most magical fire because the difference is often more academic than tangible. There are other types of magic fire but he can also eat those, as they still share the traits of fire that occurs naturally.

That all makes sense, but herein lies the problem I have. Acno is the dragonslayer of magic, correct? That would imply he can eat all magic, but not necessarily all elements that occur naturally. Assuming this is correct, Acno either cannot eat BBs attacks since they're unequalized, or they are equalized and both can absorb their opponents attacks.

If Acno is the DS of magic, then him eating the naturally occuring elements makes no sense with what I understand to be the established magic system of the verse. Though as I said before, not exactly a fan so I could be wrong.

To simplify the question in case I worded it strangely and confused anyone, being the DS of magic means he'd be able to eat all magic cast by others, as well as all magic that existed naturally but shouldn't necessarily equate to being able to eat any element that can be cast with magic.

Sound is a very different ability than what the Gura Gura no MI does. Again he doesn't have feats to support him eating attacks like earthquakes. At best he'd be able to eat his Shadows which would make BB use them smarter. Using them to absorb attacks and using the Gura for offense purposes. And the darkness itself isn't what pulls you in, it's the gravity itself that pulls you in. Which again I doubt he'd be able to eat. And while his attacks would do damage to him BB is extremely quick to recover. And he wouldn't be stomping BB even if he does Amp himself. BB likely has Haki to help him raise his own AP. Anyone above Vice Admiral level can use Haki and the most common type is Armormant. Whenever BB is using his shadows he doesn't produce a lot unless it's a stronger attack like with Ace.

You can't assume BB has Haki if he never shown it.

I got a question myself: Aren't the Slayers capable of eat the natural thing just because the very enviroment is filled with Ethernano which is the particle that grants the magic?

I see what you mean. Acnologia is just an anomaly compared to the other dragonslayers, even considering how his power is eating other powers. He's the exception because he's the Dragon King and would be able to eat both the magic and the natural element of that magic.

I still don't get why people don't think Acnologia won't nuke from a distance, he'll waste no time on BB, and just end him, I mean Blackbeard will be taking most of that damage

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
I still don't get why people don't think Acnologia won't nuke from a distance, he'll waste no time on BB, and just end him, I mean Blackbeard will be taking most of that damage

BB absorbs his attacks or counters with a stronger quake with the Gura Gura.

Calaca Vs said:
I got a question myself: Aren't the Slayers capable of eat the natural thing just because the very enviroment is filled with Ethernano which is the particle that grants the magic?
^

@ CalacaIf it is a natural effect of their environment, then them eating elements from other verses could be called into question. For example, another fire user wouldn't necessarily be using magic to produce it, and were there no equivalent to Ethernano in this hypothetical verse, there shouldn't be a reason to assume a fire dragonslayer could eat it.

For the sake of vs debates I imagine most people would just equalize that anyway though, since I doubt there are many verses that specify the elements being conjured thanks to natural particles in the environment. I can only think of one off the top of my head.

@Dragon That isn't exactly a satisfactory answer. If he's the magic DS, him eating natural elements makes no sense. If the reason given above, that being Ethernano, is the correct one then I'd argue it's not a fair assumption to make that Acno can eat all of BBs attacks, considering DFs aren't magic and there is no Ethernano equivalent in OP. The battleground might be in the FT world, but that alone won't give BBs attacks Ethernano as he's not native to that world. If I knew more about the mechanics of EN I could make a more informed decision, but as I can't I'm sticking to my previous statement that I won't be voting.

Nope, Natsu has eaten Jackal's Explosions which don't contain Ethernano at all, because they are curses

VindictiveLoser said:
@ CalacaIf it is a natural effect of their environment, then them eating elements from other verses could be called into question. For example, another fire user wouldn't necessarily be using magic to produce it, and were there no equivalent to Ethernano in this hypothetical verse, there shouldn't be a reason to assume a fire dragonslayer could eat it.
For the sake of vs debates I imagine most people would just equalize that anyway though, since I doubt there are many verses that specify the elements being conjured thanks to natural particles in the environment. I can only think of one off the top of my head.
Yup, but this is a case where the verses can't be equalized. That's why I asked.

@Rin The Dragon Empress

Then that should be Kenbunshoku Haki but at a level that won't change anything of the fight tbh.

I was using the sound example as something in FT that's a magic but not an element. Quake Fruit is vibrations which is what Wave magic uses as I linked earlier. Still, the AP gained from the shadows would be more than enough for Acno to win. To put in perspective, when Jellal gave Natsu some fire, Natsu's power multiplied by 2-3 times. Since BB is stronger than Acno, Acno would get a bigger boost. Armament Haki may boost, but it's not a multiplier.

@Aubin Huh, that muddies the waters a bit.

Then can Acno eat any element? Even ones that aren't magical in nature or cast as part of a spell? If he can then either the writer forgot their own rules or I'm missing something. I guess the "rules" were broken the moment Natsu decided to gobble whatever magic he could get his hands on, but I still lack the information to determine how exactly this would work...yeah, I'm still not voting.

@Calaca If it really can't be equalized, then Acno likely can't eat BBs attacks. I doubt it matters since apparently he likes to nuke from a distance, and BB has no real defense against that. Assuming Acno can't kill him in one or two attacks, they would still work at destroying the environment and BBs chances of drowning increase significantly. Unless Human Acno acts differently in combat or won't go for environmental destruction for whatever reason, I can't really see this ending any other way.

Uh no. You can't slap a multiplier from Natsu onto Acno. Acno doesn't have a set Amp for when he eats elements. And Quakes aren't just vibrations, they're literally localized earthquakes. The AP he'll gain isn't gonna be enough to win. Which he won't get in the first place.

The explosions were cursed and didn't have Ethernanos, not to mention Natsu ate Fire in Edolas and that had no Ethernanos

VindictiveLoser said:
@Aubin Huh, that muddies the waters a bit.
The reason he can eat the actual element is because the magic and the actual element are the same thing. It's the reason why the verse is MHS+ from dodging Lightning magic. His eating isn't specified to the magical version.

Back