• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
My reasons haven't been debunked. You have yet to truly debunk me, instead you keep saying you have. You haven't. You have yet to counter how Acno isn't gonna be able to eat something as abstract as Quakes and Darkness itself. And yes, there's a difference between Shadows and Darkness. Shadows aren't darkness, they're shadows. Again the boost isn't a multiplier, they aren't getting twice as strong. And that's only whenever they're consuming a element that's much stronger than them like the Flames of Rubuke. Gajeel had two elements to his aid. Wendy eating the air doesn't make her twice as strong. By the way, Sting and Rogue in the GmG were physically weaker than Natsu. You can keep on saying the votes don't count but they do.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Whitebeard

Vibration Manipulation (Can create powerful shockwaves through any medium with the power of the Tremor-Tremor Fruit)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Blackbeard_(One_Piece)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Darkness_Manipulation

User can create, shape and manipulate darkness and shadows. By itself, darkness is mostly used to cloud everything into total darkness, but by accessing a dimension of dark energy it can be channeled to a variety of effects, both as an absence of light and a solid substance: one can also control and manipulate the beings that exist there, create and dispel shields and areas of total darkness, create constructs and weapons, teleport one's self through massive distances via shadows, etc.

That's what those powers are accepted as on this wiki. If you want to make a CRT for Whitebeard and Blackbeard having both Abstract Existence and conceptual Manipulation then go ahead. You are severely overestimating the power of their fruits.

Rin The Dragon Empress said:
You have yet to counter how Acno isn't gonna be able to eat something as abstract as Quakes and Darkness itself. And yes, there's a difference between Shadows and Darkness. Shadows aren't darkness, they're shadows. Again the boost isn't a multiplier, they aren't getting twice as strong. And that's only whenever they're consuming a element that's much stronger than them like the Flames of Rubuke. Gajeel had two elements to his aid. Wendy eating the air doesn't make her twice as strong. By the way, Sting and Rogue in the GmG were physically weaker than Natsu. You can keep on saying the votes don't count but they do.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Abstract_Existence

That is not what those are. Your argument makes no sense darkness and shadows are synonyms. And? You don't need a multiplier to get stronger. Acnologia eating RoT wasn't a multiplier but it still boosted him from 6-C to 6-A. No, unless you're arguing that Jellal is much stronger than Natsu when Natsu literally beat him up the arc before because that's who created the flames, Jellal. I don't know what you mean by this, I'm not talking about how strong Gajeel is, I'm talking about how much stronger eating the shadows made him. Yes, that was my point, Gajeel became much stronger after eating the element from someone way weaker than him. Why do you are you so fixated on multipliers? Wendy became much stronger, where did the twice come from? She was able to defeat someone that was previously beating her. Acnologia would be able to do the same considering how BB is only 1.5X stronger than him.

If he can eat the Magic he can eat the organic counterpart For example Natsu: Can eat ordinary Fire Laxus: ordinary Lightning Gajeel ordinary steel and so on and so forth.

Also Blackbeard is only that strong with his devil fruit considering Acnologia is just going to eat all of it, him without it is probably going to be EXTREMELY weaker. Unless he wants to use it and just get ate.

..... I do really have a feeling you're just starting to intentionally straw man here. I never suggested they have abstract existence. Are you just typing things into the wiki to see if it has a super Powe? By abstract I meant something as naturally occurring and basic. Slight hyperbole on my end. Also try not to quote such large wall of texts please.

And it didn't boost him from 6-C to 6-A. It boosted him from High 6-B+ to 6-A. Nice job trying to manipulate things. Unless you really wanna argue that whenever Acno eats things he gets over 1000 times stronger. Shadows and Darkness are not synonymous in One Piece given how they act. In One Piece Moriah can controll shadows, but not darkness itself. Darkness also has the added side effect of gravity while shadows don't. Acno won't be able to do the same, he'll get a boost but it won't be enough to stomp or One Shot, especially considering that Teach is known to take attacks higher than his own durability, like from Whitebeard who scales above 345 Gigatons easily. Even with his weakness of pain he can still take them. And again, I still find it funny that Acno wasn't able to eat the attacks Natsu threw at him. including shadows

Celestial Judge said:
Also Blackbeard is only that strong with his devil fruit considering Acnologia is just going to eat all of it, him without it is probably going to be EXTREMELY weaker. Unless he wants to use it and just get ate.

This is made up. He damaged Shanks before he even had his DF.

..... I do really have a feeling you're just starting to intentionally straw man here. I never suggested they have abstract existence. Are you just typing things into the wiki to see if it has a super Powe? By abstract I meant something as naturally occurring and basic. Slight hyperbole on my end. Also try not to quote such large wall of texts please.

And it didn't boost him from 6-C to 6-A. It boosted him from High 6-B+ to 6-A. Nice job trying to manipulate things. Unless you really wanna argue that whenever Acno eats things he gets over 1000 times stronger. Shadows and Darkness are not synonymous in One Piece given how they act. In One Piece Moriah can controll shadows, but not darkness itself. Darkness also has the added side effect of gravity while shadows don't. Acno won't be able to do the same, he'll get a boost but it won't be enough to stomp or One Shot, especially considering that Teach is known to take attacks higher than his own durability, like from Whitebeard who scales above 345 Gigatons easily. Even with his weakness of pain he can still take them. And again, I still find it funny that Acno wasn't able to eat the attacks Natsu threw at him. including shadows
I just told you how Natsu won that fight by using Fairy Sphere. If you read it you would know. If you did read it, you read it wrong.

. Darkness also has the added side effect of gravity while shadows don't. Acno won't be able to do the same, he'll get a boost but it won't be enough to stomp or One Shot, especially considering that Teach is known to take attacks higher than his own durability, like from Whitebeard who scales above 345 Gigatons easily. Even with his weakness of pain he can still take them. And again, I still find it funny that Acno wasn't able to eat the attacks Natsu threw at him. including shadows
Now you're just contradicting yourself. You went from saying shadows and vibrations are super abstract things to them be naturally ocurring and basic. That's like me calling fire abstract because it's naturally ocurring and basic. Not only are you using NLF wrong, but you're also making false equivalencies and just making up things that I said like with Acno's mouth. Again with these numbers. Stop making this about multipliers that aren't even accepted. I'm talking about pure feats. Darkness is not gravity. That means nothing because there is no difference between shadows and darkness. Controlling gravity is gravity manipulation. When someone uses both gravity and shadow manipulation, it's not called darkness manipulation, it's just them using two abilities. Why would he be known for something that Whitebeard is known for? Just because he took his DF didn't mean he took White's endurance. I find it strange how you ignored the part where Acnologia has to use his mouth to eat something. He can't eat fists with his stomach. Honestly, I don't even know why you said that. You even have said you read the series so what was the point of making that jab?

If you are talking about on Tenrou Island he left because he thought he was dead and that didn't even hurt him. But I don't think you are talking about that.

First off calm down with the condescending tone.

Again that's hyperbole on my end. Which you seem to be ignoring. You really shouldn't take everything word for word, that's the mentally of a child. And I'm not making any false comparisons here. You're the one that used a 1-A comparison not me. No, but Darkness can produce Gravity. That's how it works in One Piece and in real life to an extent ( Black holes in particularly ), Gravity is a side effect of extreme darkness. And there is a difference between Darkness and Shadows. Shadows are the byproduct of something that's blocking a light surface with a shade. Darkness is well, darkness. There is light in shadows, there isn't in light. And I didn't say he took his endurance. Read correctly because you obviously aren't. He took damage from Whitebeard and stood back up despite him having weakness to pain. And this was when he was only 6-C. If you wanna talk about me ignoring things you should practice what you preach. And again I never said he can eat with his fists. But logically he should have been able to Suck the elements in with his mouth. Furthermore he doesn't have feats of actually consuming something that can cover multiple islands.

Context matters. Read my arguments fully before trying to "counter" them based on a misconception you made.

You tell me to stop my condenscending tone and then your next sentence is that I have the mentality of a child. Why did you use hyperboles and then get annoyed at me for thinking what you said was what you thought? " And again, I still find it funny that Acno wasn't able to eat the attacks Natsu threw at him. including shadows" See, that's not what you said at all. Now you're saying he could have eaten the things but didn't. There's a big difference between someone failing at doing something and someone not doing something. He basically died on impact, he couldn't react in time. Darkness and shadows are the same thing. They are both the absence of light. Darkness does not = gravity. The range of the shadows doesn't matter. They are on a single island and the shadows won't go more than 100 meters because Acnologia isn't more than a 100 meters away. Again "Read correctly because you obviously aren't." This is plain rude, especially after what you said at the top. BB's Island level because he was able to hurt Whitebeard with his attacks, he wasn't weak enough to get one shot by Whitebeard.

Quick question, how would Acno deal with Shima Yurashi? It's on BBs profile so I won't bother explaining it, but it's one of the basic abilities of Whitebeard's DF, along with cracking the air and causing quakes. BB in character would likely start with the quake powers he stole since they're faster and harder to dodge along with having higher range, and would likely only start using his gravity as a means to trap Acno in one place to make him easier to hit.

As for Acno eating his attacks, shadows I'm leaning toward yes since there's a very similar ability in FT, quakes less so. They are vibrations but it's not produced by him directly, but rather as a byproduct of his attacks. Kaishin, cracking the air with strikes, sends shockwaves through everything in the direction it is facing. This includes the ground, air, and Acno's body. Saying Acno could eat it is like saying Acno could eat someone's voice, because some magic uses sound(which by the way, if that did happen props to the writer for thinking of that, cause I think that'd be amazing). This is the main reason I wanted to clarify his ability to eat elements, because saying "he can eat anything" and leaving it at that is an NLF. I also don't recall anyone providing direct evidence of Acno eating something that wasn't magic, but I was willing to leave it until now because I wasn't invested in debating at the time.

Though I still have no plans to vote. If I had to I'd say inconclusive for now, since if BB starts with only shadows he powers Acno up and then stops using them, making it a more even fight that begins to tilt in Acno's favour the longer it drags on, whereas using any of his Gura Gura abilities would work far better, and if it was shown to work he wouldn't have a reason to change his strategy. Acno's first move is largely irrelevant, as his main win condition here seems to be outlasting and winning over time as opposed to BBs main advantage being the slight power difference.

Starting distance means neither will be outranging the other so it comes down to the other factors, mainly their abilities but the terrain as well to a lesser extent. Acno has the terrain advantage, thanks to it being an island he could destroy over the course of their battle, which would increase the chances of BB being thrown into the water resulting in his death. However, I can't vote for Acno based purely on that and his other abilities, along with the questionable nature of his DS powers and the way they've been explained, isn't enough to conclusively put him ahead.

On the other hand, BB can win by overpowering from the beginning with Quakes, which he can use in melee or at range and will likely be starting with at this distance, or by wearing Acno down over time with his slight power advantage and quake powers. Both are things he would do and are pretty similar strategies, along with being very simple. I have no doubt BB could use a strategy akin to this, but once they're in melee range he will try to draw Acno in with his darkness powers to hold him down long enough to deal major damage. His ability to absorb would also work to some degree on ranged attacks, so in terms of a ranged battle I'd say they're even. CqC is more debatable since BB will be feeling more pain from and hits, but he's durable enough to last a while against comparable opponents.

In terms of stamina I'd say BB edges out, but only due to him having a more definitive and provable rating as opposed to Acno's " extremely high". That alone isn't much of an advantage, but seeing as Acno's main win condition here is based on outlasting BB that makes it somewhat more difficult(dunking him still works fine, but Acno doesn't know to do that so it happening would have to be as a natural result of the battle which could take a while). I'd be willing to compromise and say they're about even in the stamina department since neither should be incredibly higher than the other anyway.

So yeah, if I had to vote it'd be inconclusive. BB has enough to pull out a win, but he could just as easily lose. It's a surprisingly even match, more so than I expected when first thinking about it. I can't quite remember, but didn't BB have some attraction power that pulled his target toward himself? I think it only worked on DF users but I'm not sure.

1997KD said:
and acno is always bloodlust, also the human acno kill many 7-a to high 6-c(animus) like dragon in past like nothing, i dont think its even a challange for me, explosion creation,explosive aura,soul manipulation energy attack spam etc, give him easy win

If this is why his vote got counted it shouldn't. I shouldn't need to explain why.

Guys all the recent votes count, took me well over ten minutes to read through all that above, Whether or not Acnologia can eat and null quakes and darkness is unconfirmed between the two verses, it all comes down to opinions, Rin belives he can't, Dragon thinks he can, it's a case by case, I belive Acnologia takes the win because he can eat them, and Teach takes more damage with his devil fruit, meaning Acnologia's Attacks are gonna really hurt, so let's just let others vote and decide which side they agree with, there is no more reason to go in circles anymore, since both sides won't change their mind

Wait, since when does BB take more damage? I only remember him feeling more pain from attacks, but he's shown to have fairly high durability so him taking more damage doesn't really matter anyway, since his durability score here is listed with that weakness in mind since we've never seen him fight without the Darkness DF that would cause said weakness.

Basically, using that as a point against BB isn't something I agree with. I have explained why above, you are free to prove me wrong.

@Demon

Should a thread be created to enter into a consensus about Acnologia by eating non-magic powers in versus threads? As they did with logia users in One Piece?

@Enryu If it's going to be this divisive in the future, I'd say yes.

I also have yet to see anything proving Acno can eat non-magical things. I'm willing to believe he can, but I'd like proof before I use it in my reasoning to any large degree.

I really think it's a case by case, it depends if verses are qualized or not, it's just no one has attacked Acnologia with Non Magical Stuff, and it's unknown if he could eat Demon Curses or not, which have no magic, so It can't be decided with a CRT whether or not he could, so it should just be determined by each battle

Back