• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Clover Discussion Thread ED 4: Best ED (Happy New Year!)

You know, I actually wouldn't mind that Zagred downgrade, because there are far more High 6-Cs I know, so I could throw him at some people.

It's just, why would Zagred only be 1/3 of Demon Licht when he didn't even need to put all of his mana inside Licht to overwhelm him? Not to mention that back then, he had less mana than his true self.

Also, the stones did nothing but changing Licht's body.

Okay, that was freaking badass as all hell, Yami really is the Goat.

Makes sense that Dante's Gravity Magic can affect Spatial Magic since high enough gravity can affect space-time.

Do you guys think that Yami is saying that Julius is stronger than Whatever percent he is on now Dante? Or is Yami saying that skill wise, Julius>Dante?

Mr.Cinos15 said:
Okay, that was freaking badass as all hell, Yami really is the Goat.
Makes sense that Dante's Gravity Magic can affect Spatial Magic since high enough gravity can affect space-time.

Do you guys think that Yami is saying that Julius is stronger than Whatever percent he is on now Dante? Or is Yami saying that skill wise, Julius>Dante?
Think he was talking about his ability to read the future with his mana zone

MindControl116 said:
Was it Yami who said "but he is no Julius?" Or was it Dante saying this? I find it rather unclear.
That was Yami. The un-bubbled text was what Yami was thinking, and the text in a bubble was said by Dante

CaptainR1ch19 said:
I didn't say that lol. I said the magic stones pulled more negative magic into his body, hence the transformation into the Demon God
No, not quite. https://ww5.readblackclover.com/chapter/black-clover-chapter-204/ Look carefully at the lines that Licht said. "I've pulled more negative magic into myself," suggesting that the stones did not do it, he did it via his own control of mana. The stones only served the purpose of giving him access to forbidden magic. This is the only active known function of magic stones, really.

MindControl116 said:
CaptainR1ch19 said:
I didn't say that lol. I said the magic stones pulled more negative magic into his body, hence the transformation into the Demon God
No, not quite. https://ww5.readblackclover.com/chapter/black-clover-chapter-204/ Look carefully at the lines that Licht said. "I've pulled more negative magic into myself," suggesting that the stones did not do it, he did it via his own control of mana. The stones only served the purpose of giving him access to forbidden magic. This is the only active known function of magic stones, really.
It's more pointing towards the idea that the magic stones are what caused this, given that right after Licht says that, we seem Zagred point out the magic stone and that he's used the highest order of forbidden magic on his body, which would naturally draw more magic into himself. Just to point out, I'm not saying that the magic stones contained negative mana, only that the stones purpose was to draw more negative mana into Licht.

That's a big stretch, though. The only thing Zagred pointed out is that Licht used the magic stones to use forbidden magic. Nothing about the specific mechanism of how they did it is stated, you can't simply assume the stones are responsible for him acquiring more negative magic, especially because we already know people are capable of acquiring tons of negative magic by themselves, without any help of magic stones at all. There is just no evidence for that interpretation you're providing, which is why it's a stretch.

Again, we have to refrain from saying the stones have done anything that has not been explicitly stated.

MindControl116 said:
That's a big stretch, though. The only thing Zagred pointed out is that Licht used the magic stones to use forbidden magic. Nothing about the specific mechanism of how they did it is stated, you can't simply assume the stones are responsible for him acquiring more negative magic, especially because we already know people are capable of acquiring tons of negative magic by themselves, without any help of magic stones at all. There is just no evidence for that interpretation you're providing, which is why it's a stretch.
Again, we have to refrain from saying the stones have done anything that has not been explicitly stated.
While what you're saying isn't wrong, it also isn't incorrect to use what's observed to come to a conclusion. Something doesn't have to be explicitly stated for it to be valid. People are capable of acquiring negative mana through hate yes but the point being made is that we see it specifically noted that Licht was using forbidden magic and the use of forbidden magic draws in more negative mana (as we've seen in other cases, like the Third Eye).

The anime makes what I'm saying clearer in this case (ep 117) in which Licht states that "I've pulled even more negative mana into myself" while we get a direct shot of the magic stones glowing. On top of that we get Zagred give the remark about the magic stones

It's isn't a stretch, more so just looking and extrapolating from the evidence laid before us.

There is a notable difference between saying "Licht used the Magic Stones to pull more negative mana to himself" and "The Magic Stones pulled more negative mana towards Licht." You are seemingly saying the latter, even though the correct one is the former, because it is the one actually implied by the words of the manga. Extrapolating from statements is valid, but not if your interpretation of those statements is incorrect.

Yes, using forbidden magic draws in more mana. This still does not mean the Magic Stones are responsible. Rather, Licht continues to be responsible for it, the stones are merely a tool for him to achieve this. So treating the stones as amplification devices in this context is outright inaccurate. They don't provide mana to Licht, nor do they cause mana amplification, they only explicitly allow usage of forbidden magic, which is specifically an active deliberate action that the mage has to do, so the stones are not the cause of it.

Also, the official translation of chapter 245 is out: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/black-clover-chapter-245/chapter/20253?action=read

Now we know that his new spell, Black Moon, combines Mana Zone and Black Hole into a single spell to make a stronger version of Black Hole, which he called Black Moon. Someone should edit Yami's profile and add it to his list of spells, since the official translation has now put into context how the spell works and why it works.

Yeaa Black Clover needs a new ability crt anyway and Yami definitely needs his new abilities added as well.

He now has passive hax

MindControl116 said:
There is a notable difference between saying "Licht used the Magic Stones to pull more negative mana to himself" and "The Magic Stones pulled more negative mana towards Licht." You are seemingly saying the latter, even though the correct one is the former, because it is the one actually implied by the words of the manga. Extrapolating from statements is valid, but not if your interpretation of those statements is incorrect.
Yes, using forbidden magic draws in more mana. This still does not mean the Magic Stones are responsible. Rather, Licht continues to be responsible for it, the stones are merely a tool for him to achieve this. So treating the stones as amplification devices in this context is outright inaccurate. They don't provide mana to Licht, nor do they cause mana amplification, they only explicitly allow usage of forbidden magic, which is specifically an active deliberate action that the mage has to do, so the stones are not the cause of it.
I think you're confusing things round here. I don't know how you assumed the former when I quite explicitly pointed out that Licht was the one using the forbidden stones lol. I've tried to make myself clear in what I'm saying and I assumed your main point of contention was that the magic stones could draw in negative mana If you've agreed with the idea that magic stones draws in more mana why continue to contradict yourself several times in the paragraph. Let me make it clear what I'm trying to say. "Licht" is the one using the "magic stones" to draw negative mana into himself. I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to argue against since you seem to agree and disagree with at the same time. What I'm saying is that to draw in negative mana into himself. Licht used the forbidden stones to draw in negative mana. The stones were the tool to use this correct but the point being made is that without the forbidden stones, Licht would have been unable to draw in more mana. I should again make it clear that I'm not suggesting that the magic stones contain mana, only that by using the magic stones, Licht was able to draw more negative mana into his body.

I'm planning to make a blog for Dante's lifting strength, which would be Class G

Yami will have Class G lifting strength since he supported Dante's Gravity.

Back