• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ben 10 Cosmology: High 1-B upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily. I said “beyond infinite timelines, or Space Beyond, or Forge of Creation, or whatever” to not claim something specific but just give a general idea. And the first one would pretty much suffice.
Then provide evidence from your side because the term "Universe" in Ben 10: Omniverse consistently refers to creation of Annihilargh as accepted in previous thread.
Vice versa. There is no good context to prove it is talking about mathematic dimensionality to begin with.
It has context if you read it carefully with an unbiased mindset
Never denied that tbh.
Good
You are just assuming that the case is the same as if it was “6th dimension”, while it isn’t necessarily like that. It could refer to its position, simple.
It's an analogical explanation which contextualizes my premise unlike yours which has nothing to do with the context of other statements
Given that we probably won’t reach conclusion I agree that it’s better to leave it to Ultima, Firestorm and other staff to get on the topic
Thank you

Vice versa. There is no good context to prove it is talking about mathematic dimensionality to begin with.
You've agreed to them being higher dimensions.
So you conceded them being higher-dimensional, good.
Now take this as an example:
"We are beings from 6th dimension, a glorious Universe unfathomable primitive mind such as yours"
"My formal denomination and breadth of functionality is incomprehensible to a lower life form"
With proper context, it's pretty obvious that the statements refer to aliens coming from a Universe with 6-D space-time. Similary the term incalculable plays the same role but the only thing is that the term "incalculableth" is grammatically wrong hence incalculable is being used.
Never denied that tbh.
See what I mean. You're jumping from one analysis to another. Pick a lane.
You are just assuming that the case is the same as if it was “6th dimension”, while it isn’t necessarily like that. It could refer to its position, simple.
All of SB is fully mapped out Paradox and the Map of Infinity. As mentioned before.
The point is that incalculable could simply mean that it is a universe the position (or location) of which cannot be cacalculated.
It's location has been mapped out with the rest of the Space Beyond and all of Time and causality as a whole.

TO SUMMARISE ALL DEBUNKS AND REBUNKS
1) INCALCULABLE JUST MEAN THAT "IT'S LOCATION CAN'T BE CALCULATED" due to being "infinity"
But it was proved in this thread that theoretical infinity can be calculated . Hell former , greenshifter, Celestial and other fellows made following points :
In case you didn't read previous pages, infinity is calculable by Dr Holiday, who is a 3-dimensional being from Ben's Universe.
It just hit my mind that Dr Holiday (3-D being) could calculate infinite number of space-time continuums inside a timeline. More supporting evidence for incalculable in this context referring to atleast an infinite amount.
Does this seem reasonable
The thing is that Maltruant was going to make a universe in his image, which includes defining how things in this infinite universe will worship him, so it’s more than just comprehending infinity as a concept.
whole of spatiotemporality has been mapped out by Paradox. So everything has coordinates and can be located. As their possisions can be identified with the Chrononavigator(GPS for the Multiverse) and the Map of Infinity.
2) It isn't a dimension but rather a a universe
It doesn't change the fact for it being higher dimensional as it's infinite dimensional HDE stands on it's own , specially the way I , Celestial , green and others mentioned
This is statment for 5D Contumilla

Now here's how ghost ship universe is described

Now there's a clear similarity here , the same stuff is stated for Ghost ship's incalculable dimensions and Contumilla's 5th dimension
A incalculable universe. What is that even supposed to mean. The 'incalculable dimension' part is just a means to describe their Universe.

It's just like Mr Mxkpitl (I definitely spelled this wrong) saying that he's from the 5th dimension. All the context in the comic support this.
Their Universe being unperceivable by lower beings. Just like the Contumelia's forms and the 26D the Nalgians mentioned.
Them requiring transdimensional vessels to travel from one dimensionality to another.

The term Universe and Dimension in Ben 10 have been distinguishable in the series. The Universe means the whole off all the alternate dimensions inside the Timestream or a alternate timeline of the Timestream. Dimension 12 and Dimension 23 being good examples of this. And the higher dimensionality the 5th dimensional Contumelia and the 26D the Nalgians mentioned.

Feedback could absorb the entity of Ben's Annihilarrgh Universe but couldn't absorb the energy of the Omega Being's ship. Indicating it seperate from the alternate dimensions and timelines in Ben's Universe.
We are beings from the 5th dimension” is another way of saying “we are 5th-dimensional beings”. Same applies to incalculable dimension(s).
3) But since annihilarg universes are experiment and contumilla made it as experiment for abstract and here inaclcuable means abstract
This reason for it
Since the Contumelia make new universes as experiments and invented the Annihilarrgh to create experiments/destroy things I don't see why other forms of reality also couldn't predate the Annihilarrgh.
And sir firestorm refuted it
I don't see how that conclusion is meant to be a reasonable assumption. It's clearly established in the series that all universes are created by Annihilarrghs. To posit that a universe came before that doesn't have any grounding/precedent in the series.

@DarkDragonMedeus @Planck69 @Antvasima

Am I missing something? This doesn't feel right on how we're supposed to draw our conclusions on these kinds of matters.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this feels like a

or

In this case, we have,

"Contumelia made the universes with the Annihilarrghs, therefore this universe was created before they made the Annihilarrghs."

"This universe was created before they made the Annihilarrghs because you can't prove it's not."

Qaws acknowledged that the "Annihilarrgh [is used] to create experiments," but now his conclusion is positing "but not this one" because X reason.
If I am missing some arguments or debates then please add them in another message @Hellformer @Celestial_Scaler25

Last edited:
1) INCALCULABLE JUST MEAN THAT "IT'S LOCATION CAN'T BE CALCULATED" due to being "infinity"
But it was proved in this thread that theoretical infinity can be calculated . Hell former , greenshifter, Celestial and other fellows made following points :

It doesn't change the fact for it being higher dimensional as it's infinite dimensional HDE stands on it's own , specially the way I , Celestial , green and others mentioned

3) But since annihilarg universes are experiment and contumilla made it as experiment for abstract and here inaclcuable means abstract
This reason for it

And sir firestorm refuted it

If I am missing some arguments or debates then please add them in another message @Hellformer @Celestial_Scaler25
Good job, now we wait for Firestorm to get some spare time and discuss it with Ultima🙏

Don't forget that the whole of spatiotemporality has been mapped out by Paradox. So everything has coordinates and can be located. As their possisions can be identified with the Chrononavigator(GPS for the Multiverse) and the Map of Infinity.

I’ll just say that the point it can’t be calculated due to being in a location that can’t be. You’re right that infinite timelines were indeed calculated, which is why I said that it should be outside of it.

Anyways, let’s simply wait for the staff, 13 pages is already a lot.
The entire Space beyond is mapped out. So everything in it has a location and position on said maps(Chrononavigator and Map of Infinity). Including the Omega Universe.

I’ll just say that the point it can’t be calculated due to being in a location that can’t be.
Map of infinity, Chrononavigater, professor paradox and Ben's knowledge left the chat

We've addressed it multiple times above but it's not first time that we need to face the same reasoning with no further change even after refuting it nearly infinite times , we Ben 10 scalers are used to it

To clarify, if the Space Beyond is a higher reality than the White Voids then why Paradox could travel to the Space Beyond and he said the White Void was beyond his reach?

To clarify, if the Space Beyond is a higher reality than the White Voids then why Paradox could travel to the Space Beyond and he said the White Void was beyond his reach?
This was discussed in the cosmology revision thread. It's a request from my side to not derail this thread. I'll answer your questions in engaged conversation whenever I have some free time

The evidence for High 1-B is frankly extremely weak, and from what I see:

Hinges entirely on the supposed distinction made between "universe" and "dimension" in that of dialogue, which in turn is reasoned to mean that they are referring to distinct things. Except that, if you look at the actual quote, you'll see that the "incalculable dimension" and the "glorious universe" are the same subject:

It's literally just using different terms for the same thing, and otherwise there is not the slightest indication that it's talking about infinite spatial dimensions in here. That reading wouldn't even make sense, anyways, since a spatial dimension is not a place, so it's nonsensical to describe oneself as being "from" one. If the quote said "We are from an incalculable dimensionality", there'd be a good argument, but that's not what is said.

So, yeah, unless I'm missing something, this is totally bunk.
In the context of Ben 10 at this point in the series, there is a distinction between the usage of Universe and Dimension. A "Universe" is an entire hyper space-time structure overall. Dimension in the context of the statement refers to a layer of reality. The context of the terminology has been agreed prior.

Last edited:
In the context of Ben 10 at this point in the series, there is a distinction between the usage of Universe and Dimension. A "Universe" is an entire hyper space-time structure overall. Dimension in the context of the statement refers to a layer of reality. The context of the terminology has been agreed prior.
If it refers to a layer of reality, it isn't High 1-B. And I've already pointed out that the statement itself uses both terms to refer to the same thing. The aliens describe themselves as being from an "incalculable dimension," and this incalculable dimension is "a glorious universe." So even the attempted appeal to some kind of consistent overarching terminology (Which I doubt exists) fails in its own terms.

It doesn't change the fact for it being higher dimensional as it's infinite dimensional HDE stands on it's own
The aliens being higher-dimensional based on independent pieces of evidence doesn't really change anything. They can be higher-dimensional all they want, and the statement still isn't High 1-B because that reading of the text is not necessary nor even possible.

“We are beings from the 5th dimension” is another way of saying “we are 5th-dimensional beings”.
It isn't, no. Dimensions aren't places and nor are they structured in terms of ordinal placements, so "I am from the nth dimension" is a statement with no meaning.

It isn't, no. Dimensions aren't places and nor are they structured in terms of ordinal placements, so "I am from the nth dimension" is a statement with no meaning.
You’re right that dimensions are spatial axes, not places. However, when we say "I’m from the 5th dimension", we’re using a bit of shorthand to describe an origin in a reality that includes an additional spatial dimension beyond the familiar three dimensions of space and one of time. It’s a way to convey that someone or something exists in a higher-dimensional space. In fact, it is not uncommon for a five-dimensional space to be called the fifth dimension in fiction(or even non-fiction).

You’re right that dimensions are spatial axes, not places. However, when we say "I’m from the 5th dimension", we’re using a bit of shorthand to describe an origin in a reality that includes an additional spatial dimension beyond the familiar three dimensions of space and one of time. It’s a way to convey that someone or something exists in a higher-dimensional space.
It's a piece of nonsense-wording, ultimately, so you'd need positive evidence to say that this is the case in this specific situation. There is none here {And I've already said that "The aliens can be inferred to be higher-dimensional based on these other statements" isn't adequate evidence to infer it at all)

Was High 1-B for X actually agreed upon by staff? I just haven't been tuning in for a bit and want to be sure, since I remember a bunch of staff disagreement with High 1-B or higher.

It's a piece of nonsense-wording, ultimately, so you'd need positive evidence to say that this is the case in this specific situation. There is none here {And I've already said that "The aliens can be inferred to be higher-dimensional based on these other statements" isn't adequate evidence to infer it at all)
you do realize this kind of wording is used frequently in fiction and irl right? To the point educational YouTubers use it.

Now idk what exactly has been discussed previously in the thread, but the main reason why everyone argues it’s High hyper, is because it isn’t anything else (process of elimination). So as improbable as this conclusion may sound to you, if there is no alternative, the improbable conclusion is the one that’s right.

It being nonsense does not change the fact that it is used that way. Word dimension is either like space in context, or means spatial axis and nth dimension is clearly n-D universe in this case.

you do realize this kind of wording is used frequently in fiction and irl right?
Doesn't particularly matter. If a verse had a character blurt out "I am from the nth dimension," it wouldn't count as anything whatsoever for precisely the reason I'm bringing up, regardless of "It's often used that way in coloquial contexts." Don't even know why the occasional coloquial usage of these terms matters here.

You, then, would need other pieces of evidence that demonstrate the name is being used to talk about how many dimensions the character has. What you said up there basically implies that "I am from the nth dimension" is to be taken as meaning "I am nth-dimensional" by default, which isn't true.

With that aside, the side that's for the upgrade does argue that there is independent evidence (From what I gather: The similarity to the Contumelia, the aliens being incomprehensible to Ben and co, and Feedback being unable to absorb the energy in their ship. All of which are really weak, but I'm happy to grant the conclusion for the argument) that solidifies High 1-B, but the argument seems to effectively be:

1) The aliens refer to their universe as "an incalculable dimension."

2) The aliens are higher-dimensional based on so-and-so.

∴ "Incalculable" refers to the number of dimensions in their universe.

Which is a total non-sequitur, if I'm to be honest.

Now idk what exactly has been discussed previously in the thread, but the main reason why everyone argues it’s High hyper, is because it isn’t anything else (process of elimination). So as improbable as this conclusion may sound to you, if there is no alternative, the improbable conclusion is the one that’s right.
Not really. You can also just say the statement is meaningless. It's just babble.

Last edited:
You can also just say the statement is meaningless.
Why would the characters make a “meaningless” statement when trying to explain something?

Look I can give you reasoning for why the incalculable in this context doesn’t mean abstract, non-existent, or big along certain axes. Not sure what else there is that it could mean aside from “this many dimensions”?

Doesn't particularly matter. If a verse had a character blurt out "I am from the nth dimension," it wouldn't count as anything whatsoever for precisely the reason I'm bringing up, regardless of "It's often used that way in coloquial contexts." Don't even know why the occasional coloquial usage of these terms matters here.
It matters since you're saying it is a meaningless statement. "nth dimension" is described as universe and being higher dimensional. Then we say either "this can't be described as this, so it's meaningless" or "since it's described as it should be for using its common usege, it refers to it being nD". Like, if someone says something like nth dimension is a universe beyond your understanding due to being higher dimensional, it's normal to take that universe as nD. Otherwise it would be more assumptionous.
You, then, would need other pieces of evidence that demonstrate the name is being used to talk about how many dimensions the character has. What you said up there basically implies that "I am from the nth dimension" is to be taken as meaning "I am nth-dimensional" by default, which isn't true.
Yeah but characters' dimensionality doesn't matter here anyway.
Not really. You can also just say the statement is meaningless. It's just babble.
If there are two choices, why do we choose the meaningless one, when on the contrary we should reject it? Idk how we treat "it's meaningless in its direct meaning" over statement's common usage. The things you mentioned that "make the expression meaningless" just match the way the expression is usually used with the expression in the series.

Basically reasoning is same if I'm not missing anything. We take High 1-B variant as opposite is illogical/meaningless. Ultima says it's also an option so it isn't necessarily High 1-B.

A statement can be just meaningless babble even when it's meant as an explanation in-universe. "Technobabble" is a term for a reason, for example.
Dismissing the evidence as "technobabble" is completely misguided, especially given the context of the argument and the evidence presented. First, the reference of "incalculable dimension" or "we are from the 5th Dimension" isn't just arbitrary jargon; it's a clear statement within the show that hints at something beyond the scope of the verse cosmology. The fact that these aliens are incomprehensible to Ben and the team shows how important those statements are and cannot just be dismissed as "technobabble"

While the term "incalculable" could be interpreted in different ways, the evidence isn't just random technobabble without meaning. It's rooted in specific observations about the aliens' nature and abilities. The similarity to the Contumelia, who are also portrayed as higher-dimensional beings, reinforces this idea. Therefore, dismissing these as just technobabble ignores the weight of the in-universe evidence presented.

Seems like the upgrade side is no longer able to make more arguments so I agree with Ultima too unless there is something new.
Nah I think Ultima basically just auto-conceded. It’s a powerscaler’s job to form interpretations for given statements and Ultima is effectively refusing to do said job, instead claiming that the statement has no meaning, which is a very rare case in fiction, especially when a character is trying to explain something.

In short Ultima’s non-interpretation is by default inferior to any other plausible interpretation.

I’m sure that’s a reasonable approach to analyzing fiction.
When it comes down it: Yeah. I've already went over why the "alternative" basically involves an extremely scuffed reading of the text that verges into being a formally invalid argument, so, "The statement is meaningless" (Could also be framed as "The statement is vague," which has the same end conclusion for our purposes, anyway, so as to be effectively interchangeable) is a perfectly tenable outcome. I don't believe it takes much to realize that "To calculate a universe" is just meaningless jargon overall.

or "since it's described as it should be for using its common usege, it refers to it being nD". Like, if someone says something like nth dimension is a universe beyond your understanding due to being higher dimensional, it's normal to take that universe as nD. Otherwise it would be more assumptionous.
The bolded bit here already shows you're reading the statement as containing far more information that it actually has. There is no comparison between "The nth dimension is a universe beyond your understanding, because it is higher-dimensional" and "We are beings from an incalculable dimension that defies the limits of space and time. A glorious universe unfathomable to a primitive mind such as yours." The former statement is a hypothetical that includes a reference to higher dimensionality already. The latter doesn't even require that, and needs other pieces of information to be inferred as talking about higher-dimensional space.

Which brings us back to:

but the argument seems to effectively be:

1) The aliens refer to their universe as "an incalculable dimension."

2) The aliens are higher-dimensional based on so-and-so.

∴ "Incalculable" refers to the number of dimensions in their universe.

Literally a non-sequitur.

Dismissing the evidence as "technobabble" is completely misguided, especially given the context of the argument and the evidence presented. First, the reference of "incalculable dimension" or "we are from the 5th Dimension" isn't just arbitrary jargon; it's a clear statement within the show that hints at something beyond the scope of the verse cosmology. The fact that these aliens are incomprehensible to Ben and the team shows how important those statements are and cannot just be dismissed as "technobabble"

While the term "incalculable" could be interpreted in different ways, the evidence isn't just random technobabble without meaning. It's rooted in specific observations about the aliens' nature and abilities. The similarity to the Contumelia, who are also portrayed as higher-dimensional beings, reinforces this idea. Therefore, dismissing these as just technobabble ignores the weight of the in-universe evidence presented.
I already took the evidence presented into account (I granted the conclusion that the aliens are higher-dimensional for the sake of the argument, even, despite finding it weak. I could very easily contest that, too, since the only remotely good piece of evidence is the Feedback thing) and it does the proposal no good whatsoever.

Last edited:
I already took the evidence presented into account
You claim to have considered the evidence, but your dismissal afterward suggests you didn't engage with the full context or depth of the points made, particularly the implications of 'incalculable dimensions.'
(I granted the conclusion that the aliens are higher-dimensional for the sake of the argument, even, despite finding it weak
You granted the conclusion but immediately undermined it by labeling it weak without thoroughly explaining why(unless i missed the explanation) This weakens your concession and makes it seem superficial.
. I could very easily contest that, too, since the only remotely good piece of evidence is the Feedback thing)
By focusing only on the Feedback example, you're ignoring other valid evidence, like the reference to 'incalculable dimensions' and the team's inability to comprehend the aliens(something you acknowledge). This selective approach feels like cherry-picking, not a comprehensive counter.
and it does the proposal no good whatsoever.
Stating the proposal does no good is an unsupported conclusion. You haven't demonstrated how or why the evidence is ineffective beyond briefly calling it 'weak,' which is insufficient for a proper rebuttal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back