• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BB's hax was nerfed! (CASE SOLVED!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hax =/= AP unless said hax causes destruction that would allow it to have an AP rating. For example, Noel Vermillio's PI is 2-A due to being able to reset the entire multiverse, while other, and weaker, PI doesn't have a specific AP rating. Their levels of hax are comparable, although the former is canonically >>>>>>> the latter, but their AP ratings are not.

The Mooncell creating 8th Dimensional barriers, and BB being equal to that and absorbing the Mooncell later is only hax? Despite BB breaking the barrier after an intense fight with the Mooncell?

If creating barriers would give an AP rating, then Kokonoe would be 2-A. Absorption is hax and only has an AP rating if it is capable of destruction on the level of said rating, as i have already said.

I don't know why HigherDimensionManip on BB is still there either.

Now I think we should decide what to do first:

1. Get HDM off BB ("Higher Dimension" barely has context)

2. Revising Mooncell's cosmology

Diinou HotHead said:
I don't know why HigherDimensionManip on BB is still there either.
Now I think we should decide what to do first:

1. Get HDM off BB ("Higher Dimension" barely has context)

2. Revising Mooncell's cosmology
Exactly...

Monarch Laciel said:
Long story short.
Dimensions in Nasuverse are not the same as dimensions that the wiki gives tier 1 ratings for.

By nature of the growth of the tiering system, any 1-C being is assumed to be capable of destroying a 2-A construct, e.g. an infinite multiverse.

However, this is not how Nasuverse treats higher dimensional beings.

While they are a qualitatively higher order of existence to lesser beings ("Grand Caster" for example states he is a higher dimensional life form when explaining how he is a Grand Servant, and I believe it's mentioned that being a Grand Servant wasn't a matter of power but simply the Saint graph being of a higher order), being a higher dimensional being in Nasuverse or having higher dimensional power does not equate to being able to destroy entire multiverses, and thus cannot be ranked as 1-C by the way the wiki treats higher dimensional beings.
There are legit 2-A feats that yall ignore but whatever

BB's profile is a violation of wiki tiering...

Pre Mooncell absorbtion BB = Mooncell.< Mooncancer mooncell absorbed

Matthew Schroeder said:
Higher-Dimensional Manipulation doesn't make you Tier 1.
Dear God, how is this so difficult to understand. Higher-Dimensions aren't even that important.
So higher Dimensional.feats are no longer going to mean anything superior on the wiki? And it's her justification is the issue. She merged something that can create 8th Dimensional barriers, and she fought it and broke that barrier.

>Higher-Dimensional Manipulation doesn't make you Tier 1.

Ah okay, so the Anti-Spiral manipulating the 11D space isn't a legit feat then, time for some downgrades.

Okay but jokes aside, how come? The Mooncell is already pretty explicitly capable of creating 8D spaces as what you said, and iirc creation can count as AP. Also BB didn't just merge with the Mooncell; it fought against it's 8D barriers as what UpgradeMan said in his scans. So she CAN damage 8D things.

It should apply to AP in this case if you damage a higher dimensional structure, right? Or am I wrong?

TheUpgradeManHaHaxD said:
Matthew Schroeder said:
Higher-Dimensional Manipulation doesn't make you Tier 1.
Dear God, how is this so difficult to understand. Higher-Dimensions aren't even that important.
So higher Dimensional.feats are no longer going to mean anything superior on the wiki?
They already don't? Higher-Dimensional statements are meaningless unless you can prove that within one's verse, being higher-dimensional equates to being infinitely higher than lower-dimensional beings. 99% of fiction doesn't have that to begin with.

But yes, we are going to drop the Dimensional Tiering System entirely in the near future.

Ultima Reality is currently working on a revision for the definition of "Upper-dimensional hierarchies". And basically what Matt is saying is, that a statement about someone being from the Nth dimension, doesn't automatically make you Tier 1. Same with having the ability to effect the Nth dimension. Many fictional works often use dimension as a flowery statement and there needs to be elaborate proof of Cosmic megastructures in order to truly reach Tier 1.

So Dimensional tiering is being dropped entirely?

@DarkDragon @Matt

Then why not remove higher Dimensional manipulation from her profile?

Because she still has it. It's just that manipulating Higher-Dimensional Space doesn't do what you think it does. Something I've been telling you for a LONG while in this thread.

Manipulating Higher-D Space, Being Higher-D, or fighting a Higher-D being are no longer sufficient to grant a character Tier 1 Rating.

Hold on, we aren't going to completely drop it in the traditional sense; the High 2-A and above tiers are going to remain the same in that. It's just we won't be calling it "Dimensional Tiering" and renaming it to something else. But Matt is also right that simply existing or having the ability to manipulate higher dimensions =/= Tier 1.

Then people on verus hreads should drop the 8D Hax and hax resistance for BB then? People on other threads are saying she had 8D law, and information hax.

Like I said.

"8D Hax" is a meaningless buzzword used by people who are too lazy to construct actually meaningful arguments in versus threads and they should be promptly ignored.

Just like that one guy who shows up in every Dovahkiin thread to talk about "Low 1-C Daedric Artifacts" that aren't even on the profile should be ignored.

Okay. That was all the information I was looking for.

Matt I am sorry of I got on your nerves or frustrated you.. I am someone that needs a blunt abd straightforward answer like that just now.. I am sorry..

I think we can close this thread now unless anyone else had a few comments to say.

Well what are these new standards?

Because there was a statement where BB views time itself like book, and Rin compared it to a 3D being looking at 2D writings on a book.

Does that count as the new higher dimensional thing?

Also I dread to imagine just how many verses would be downgraded from these new rules... SMT, Digimon, and maybe Gurren Lagann come to mind. Unless they have more stuff, to which idk anymore.

ShinyMagicalGirl said:
Well what are these new standards?
Because there was a statement where BB views time itself like book, and Rin compared it to a 3D being looking at 2D writings on a book.

Does that count as the new higher dimensional thing?

Also I dread to imagine just how many verses would be downgraded from these new rules... SMT, Digimon, and maybe Gurren Lagann come to mind. Unless they have more stuff, to which idk anymore.
From what I've seen, it's something like "Just because you say you're a 700D being doesn't make you 1B because what you mean by 700D may not be what we mean 700D"

TheUpgradeManHaHaxD said:
Okay. That was all the information I was looking for.
Matt I am sorry of I got on your nerves or frustrated you.. I am someone that needs a blunt abd straightforward answer like that just now.. I am sorry..

I think we can close this thread now unless anyone else had a few comments to say.
Yeah I get in bad moods often, sorry for that. Please don't apologize, you didn't do anything bad yourself.

I'll close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back