• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theglassman12

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Alright, this is sort of a long time coming ever since I made my Bayo 1 downgrade, I’ve been meaning to tackle Bayo 2 if anything was off, and well… it’s severely off, so let’s get right into it.

So in Bayonetta 2, base state Bayonetta is scaled to High 4-C due to scaling from Loptr, and Alraune when absorbing Jeanne’s soul, and Jeanne in her “True Jeanne” state is High 4-C from the following: destroying Jubileus’ body, and tanking a hit from Right Eye Balder. Now on paper this doesn’t seem too bad, especially when Left Eye Bayonetta was able to handle a weakened Jubileus, which can survive a High 4-C attack. But the problem is if you look at the context for these statements, it’s not close to being legit.

Now for starters, most of the reasons for the scaling stems from Jeanne herself. Now Jeanne tanking a blow from Balder from the Right Eye is missing some context, not only does Balder show how he can use his left eye to charge up an attack, which at full power can blow up the moon here, but the thing she DOES tank is a weak attack in comparison. This is the equivalent of trying to scale Cell Saga Krillin to Semi Perfect Cell because he tanked a ki blast from him.

Now for her being able to destroy Jubileus’ body, this is not impressive in the slightest for the sole reason, that Bayonetta with Queen Sheba’s summon, was able to punch her soul out of her body and send it to the sun to evaporate, leaving her body as an empty body with no Jubileus left, and Jeanne only comes in AFTER the fight to help break the empty husk that remains. So both her durability and her attack potency in her serious state is already questionable to say the least.

Now onto Bayonetta scaling to Loptr, this makes absolutely no sense to me as why she’s remotely comparable to Loptr when in numerous instances she gets bodied by him, and was only able to take on Loptr when he was severely nerfed after Loki erased both eyes. And the other times Bayonetta did fight Loptr, she gets slapped away casually by Loptr when he has no eyes, when she time traveled to the past by Loki and fights a younger and weaker Loptr, she gets bodied again with no effort from Loptr, and when she tries to fight Loptr when he had one eye, she gets bodied AGAIN by him. At the very best she’s able to scale from the Left Eye, as her keeping up with a far stronger version of Loptr when she’s been consecutively beaten by weaker versions of him in base form makes absolutely no sense.

So what I propose is that everyone that scales to Bayonetta 2 Bayonetta, and Serious Jeanne should be downgraded to High 6-A as it’s far more consisted for them to be on that level in the game than them taking on Jubileus or Loptr with the Right eye in base.

And another thing I want to propose removing is the Queen Sheba and Omne summon keys for Bayonetta, Balder and Jeanne. Not only does Omne’s own lore in the Book of Inferno demons flat out said it required a Lumen Sage and Umbran witch’s power to summon it, but the weaknesses for all of their keys regarding summoning these gods flat out said they need someone else to summon it, so why should they have a summon they cannot be able to summon on their own? It makes no sense for it to scale to them individually. The same should apply to Balder with Jubileus’ summoning as that required Bayonetta’s eye for Jubileus to even be awakened.

Agree: TISSG7Redgrave, SagetheLegend, Bobsican, Mister6ame6, IonIiosite, Matthew Schroeder, Antvasima, RebubleUselet, Sparda 20000000, Tony di Bugalu, Obi2cool4kenobi, and Dienomite22
Disagree:
Neutral: DarkDragonMedeus

Last edited:
What are the arguments for Bayonetta being 3-A? Cause I don't see any reason to why she would scale when everything in the game contradicts that.

Yeah, for now the downgrade can get a pass, Weekly can just do the 3-A CRT afterwards, unless he can bring all the content now.

I obviously agree with the downgrade unless Weekly has that 3-A evidence he has been saying for years but never showed.

What are the arguments for Bayonetta being 3-A? Cause I don't see any reason to why she would scale when everything in the game contradicts that.
For one the Jeanne scaling would be removed completely

Looking through your arguments thy kinda make a lot of outlandish claims. For example, Bayo was not 'only' able to fight Aesir after Loki erased the eyes, she fought him for an extended period of time and even shattered pieces of his body during the fight. As for the fight with young Loptr she actually defeated him rather easily, after she destroyed the meteor he threw at her he realized he couldnt beat her so he destroyed the battlefield and fled as she would have been able to prevent him from killing Rosa if he didnt. As for one-eyed Loptr, she again did not get 'bodied', as shown by the same thing happening in Bayonetta 1, someone else forcibly activating the Left Eye knocks her out without causing her any damage.

As for why she would scale to 3-A, while she wouldnt scale completely to Aesir she would scale just below him as she and Balder explicitly defeated him at full power, as well as Bayo breaking the barrier around the gates of hell which was stated in the lore to be durable enough to withstand Aesir destroying and remaking the universes.

Can make a longer response when i get home from work.

Yes that fight between her and Aesir where it’s completely contradictory to everything shown beforehand. She lost to him multiple times when he didn’t have his full power, and when she had the left eye, but you’re telling me that a weaker Bayonetta without the left eye can beat a full power Loptr when his weaker form can body her not even a minute ago?

she didn’t defeat him though. Quite the opposite, if Loptr being able to knock her back and knocking her out with a building was enough to take her out for quite some time, that’s the exact OPPOSITE of Bayonetta winning. She flat out lost to Loptr in the past.

She did get bodied, rewatch the cutscene where Loptr effortlessly killed all of her demons and choked her out while casually stealing the eye from her. If she didn’t get bodied then explain why is she struggling against Loptr when he’s got her pinned down and he’s not remotely trying his best against her when he’s not even at his peak?

no they didn’t defeat him at full power, you’re ignoring the entire scene where Loki erased his powers to the point that he can barely do anything at that point. That’s the only reason Bayonetta and Balder could remotely beat him. Can you elaborate where the gates of hell were stated to withstand Aesir’s full power? Cause I don’t recall that ever being stated. Not to mention even if this is true this flies in the face of every single loss Bayonetta’s gotten against Loptr.

She didnt lose to him multiple times though, she beat him every time, twice to the point that he had to flee to avoid outright defeat. Also the Left Eye isnt an amp so her having it vs her not having it is not a power difference, ergo she was not weaker, she was the same strength as before.

She didnt her knocked out though, like I said, all he did was destroy the the batrlefield so he could escape.

She wasnt? As I already pointed out, someone else forcibly activating the left eye incapacitates her.

Didnt say they defeated him, just that they fought him for an extended period of time. The gates stuff was from the remembrances of time lore iirc, and yeah it flies in the face of her losses because it's almost like she didnt lose to him.

Prove that she did beat him every single time, because I have the actual scenes in my CRT showing the outcomes in every single fight Bayonetta has with Loptr.

I agree with the removal of Sheba and Omne from her profile, but I'm still skeptical on the rest and I'll wait for weekly's argument.

@Crimson_Shadow101 Can you explain what exactly about the downgrade you're skeptical on? Cause I believe I gave a good explanation for why she shouldn't scale unless there's something in either games that I'm missing.

Bayo never really appears to actually be hurt by loptr. During the fight at the gates of hell he really just knocks her out of her flight and earns a few grunts. In the fight against young loptr he just knocks her into a wall and escapes. Finally during the fight against right eye loptr, shes only really incapacitated by the removal of the left eye. Every time it was really just him catching her off guard and slowing her down.

As for Jubby during the fight bayo was hurting Jubby pretty bad and correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Jub was knocked out just before the Sheba summon if my memory is correct.

Okay, I just rewatched the Jub boss fight and we see Bayo causing huge gashes of blood to spill, Jub's body to crack, and we also see Bayo knock her out briefly multiple times throughout the fight.

The feat listed on her profile of her destroying Jub's body on the way down to earth is indeed questionable but she has other feats against Jub that would give her high 4-C

she did get hurt by Loptr. After two laser shots she was on her knees struggling to stand up while he's taunting her about how weak she is. He knocks her into a wall and the next thing we see is her being knocked out and just waking up from the damage she took.

I'm not talking about Bayonetta herself harming Jubileus, I'm talking about JEANNE harming Jubileus. She never once remotely fought Jubileus at full power nor did she remotely have one of the eyes to power her up, and she only shows up after an empty shell of a body was left for Jubileus.

I think that the originally suggested downgrade seems fine to apply.

she did get hurt by Loptr. After two laser shots she was on her knees struggling to stand up while he's taunting her about how weak she is. He knocks her into a wall and the next thing we see is her being knocked out and just waking up from the damage she took.

I'm not talking about Bayonetta herself harming Jubileus, I'm talking about JEANNE harming Jubileus. She never once remotely fought Jubileus at full power nor did she remotely have one of the eyes to power her up, and she only shows up after an empty shell of a body was left for Jubileus.
So you're not denying that Bayo harmed Jubileus so why should Bayo be downgraded?

Edit to reply to the first point: After bayo got knocked down by the laser shots she was shaken up a bit, but her struggling to get up could be easily her being worn down and she also shot back at loptr with a snarky comment after his taunt. To the second point about her waking up that's legit but if anything couldn't that be used to upgrade young loptr to high 4-C?

Last edited:
Because that's only with the left eye, she never replicates that feat in her base form in either games.

Are you listening to what I'm saying? I said she never replicated that feat in her BASE FORM in either games. She's only on that level with the left eye.

Oh, I see what you're saying now. So if I have this right you're saying:

Bayo 1 Cereza: High 6-A | Left eye Cereza: High 4-C | Bayo 2 Cereza: High 6-A

True Jeanne: High 6-A

yes?

Yes, High 4-C would be legit for Bayonetta in her left eye key, but when it comes to her base form in bayonetta 2, she should not scale at all. Which also means everyone else that scales to True Jeanne and Bayo 2 Bayonetta should be downgraded to High 6-A. Now to mention if we do scale Balder to High 4-C in Bayo 2 that makes absolutely no sense in context since he's just High 6-A in the first game, when he's a lot older with more experience and nothing suggested he got much weaker than before.

Okay now I can see it. It just kind of seems weird to assume bayo 2 cereza isn't using the left eye. I'll still wait for what weekly has to say though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back