• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bartleby's BROKEN Power Nullfication and other stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, there are some OP spells, that were lost in time lol. But they are needed for Bartleby. Basically all these spells scale to him, as he is the source of all magic in the universe, and it all came from him.

1) debilitate- Basically, a boss cheat spell, meaning it is passively casted without the user having to.... cast it. This spell reduces probability of the opponent being able to use any spell by 100%, reduces healing by 100% and reduces all physical/magical damage by 100%

2) The spell has no name, but basically what this does, is that it cheat casts a -999% shield, effectively reducing damage from all seven schools of magic by 999%

3) This is the most broken one. This literally cheat/passively casts a DISPEL ALL effect on the opponent. This also works on Shadow Magic. Basically, it can nullify the following:

Life (Life, Creation, Healing, Morality Manipulation), Death (Fear, Mind, Willpower, Death Manipulation), Myth (Illusions, Reality, space, time manipulation), Fire (Fire Manipulation, Probability manipulation), Ice (Ice Manipulation), Storm (Weather, Lightining/electricity, sound manipulation), Balance (Transmutation + other schools), Astral (Manipulation of celestial bodies), Shadow (Power Nullification, Reality Warping, Petrification, Attack Reflection, Dream Manipulation, Statistics Manipulation. 4-D Mind control), Conceptual Magic spells and Magic in general: https://youtu.be/OqDt0rkUBwk?t=2419 (40:19). Also, it is very important to mention this. When a Wizard dispels you, you lose all the energy that would originally be needed to cast said spell. For example, if a wizard was to dispel a Scion spell (A 2-B spell), the caster will lose all the power he would have exerted to cast the spell

4) Spy: Basically, with this, the user can see all the techniques the opponents possess. So I suppose some pretty good information Analysis.

Edit: These scale to The Player (Wizard101)

I think every looks alright except Conceptual Magic power null, what spell is that?

Elizhaa said:
I think every looks alright except Conceptual Magic power null, what spell is that?
Scion of 'X', and basically any spell enchanted with Shadow magic can be dispelled. Dispels in Wizard101 don't care about how powerful a spell is, just that it's associated with a certain school of magic. Dissipate (Storm Dispel) is capable of dispelling even the Storm Titan if cast, and will work on Scion of Storm, which is said to be infused with the might of Bartleby. But before you start to think that it would work that way on Bartleby, remember how Bartleby is the source of magic in the Spiral, so it's unlikely to work on hm regardless, and even if it somehow did, he could remove dispels on him with Cleanse Charm.

I guess it can dispel a lot of magic based attack so I can be fine with it. I do hope it potency of it Powernull canot be simply be based on Conceptual Manipulation Type 2 only based it would NLF to say the other spells it can Null are around the same feats level as Conceptual Manipulation Type 2.

How is it NLF? The Storm Titan has Conceptual Manipulation Type 2, and he's still affected by these types of spells, even as the Aethyr Titan (which is stated by WoG to be his strongest form).

In fact, it's literally the winning strategy for Players to spam Bad Juju (-90% outgoing damage) and Dissipate (Storm Dispel) on their first fight against him to win. He technically can bypass these spells during the fight, but he doesn't do it often and he has to make an effort to do so.

And when the Divine Paradox fights the Aethyr Titan, the Aethyr Titan gets hit with an enhanced Loremaster which successfully power nulls him.

I am saying don't scale other effects solely from the fact it has Power Nullification for Conceptual Manipulation when regarding others abilties that it has Power Nullification because it Power Nullification can nullifies weaker abilties rahter than stonger abilities of oppenent's that where it need to shown feats Power Nullification otherwise you get No Limits Fallacy (NLF).

For example, we can't assume that Power Nullification works a Soul Manipulation ability that can affect thousands in at once just just because Power Nullification works on Conceptual Manipulation and where the feat of Power Nullification works on Soul Manipulation involving only 1-2 people.

Edit: I saw the confusion; it was just bad typing on my parts which I fixed.

I'm a little confused on what you're saying @Elizhaa?

Are you saying we are basing the fact it can dispel all other schools of magic, soley based off the fact it can dispel Concept Manipulation? If that is the case, the linked video itself literally shows it dispelling something else (Storm Magic), and later on in the video it dispels Life Magic and a few others as well. If you go into battle with Shadow Magic, the dispel all WILL dispel Shadow Magic as well

Not gonna lie, I'm still a bit confused by what you're trying to say, but I'm assuming it has something to do with scaling based off of weaker spells?

The thing with Wizard101 is that it doesn't care about strength at all. All spells can be buffed/debuffed with the same level of efficiency regardless of how powerful they start out. There have been no exceptions to this in the 10 years the game has been out with the exception of Shadow magic - and even then, only a specific part of Shadow magic is unaffected.

All that matters is that a spell shares attributes with a certain school for it to be affected. Dissipate can dispel anything and everything that belongs to the Storm school (currently the strongest spell it can dispel is 2-B but it's likely it can go higher in the future). This includes but is not limited to Summoning, Weather Manipulation, Lightning/Electricity Manipulation, Sound Manipulation, Hypnosis, Statistics Amplification, Resistance to Fire/Ice attacks, Resistance to Storm attacks, Probability Manipulation, Resistance Negation AND Power Nullification (Yes, Dissipate can dispel itself).

This is all speaking in regards to the Player casting the spell in his base form. It's very likely that Bartleby can do all of that and more, and on a much higher degree than the Player (It's possible for the Player to place two dispels at once for example).

Power Null seems fine. You don't have to list absolutely everything he can dispel on the page, that's just clutter.

I agree with prom

Just be like (Nulled everything this guy can do)

I didn't see the evidence for 3 and 4 in that link.

AKM sama said:
I didn't see the evidence for 3 and 4 in that link.
I'm not really sure why we need a direct showing for 3 but I'll post a gif of it happening later. 4 is referencing Arcane Deduction which you can see working here

Okay, I've unlocked them.

Tell me here when you're done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back