• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sonic the Hedgehog vs The Player (Wizard101) (2-2-0)

Although if this match is literally "sonic goes with 350x speed and the player never gets the chance to act" then I'd call it a stomp.
yeah....thats why players probability hax wont work because he gets blitzed before he can even use it

I don't normally do this nowadays, but I feel I might as well correct a few misconceptions/misunderstandings involving the Player since I'm one of the few supporters of the verse... admittedly, some of them may have been endorsed or started by me in the past... I don't really remember all of the arguments I used back in the day, but regardless, I'll be addressing things as I understand them now. I want to prefix this by saying that I don't intend to create any CRTs to officially update the verse any time soon, especially with the ongoing debates involving the tiering system being changed. That said, if anyone else feels the need to create one, feel free to do so with or without my assistance. The wiki is currently 2 years behind Wizard101's current arc anyway and it's still missing a bunch of other profiles.

Firstly, about the Player's passives: the Player doesn't have passive Matter Manipulation. They do have Matter Manipulation, but it definitely isn't passive. I think the argument might've been something like "Well they're obviously stronger than these characters that have it so they should too" but I don't really think that works well for anyone but Bartleby, Raven, or Spider in the verse (and possibly Dasein/the Nothing). That said, the Player does have passive absorption and passive Law Manipulation... the latter of which is essentially the in-universe explanation for the "duel circle" that characters are forced into, making them commit to turn-based combat with no dodging. The absorption was rated at 2-A because Morganthe was 2-A... and Morganthe is 2-A because of the Song of Creation... although an argument could be made that it's actually Low 1-C, it's much easier to assume that it's 2-A. The law manipulation would still be Low 1-C though... so should the other stuff like power nullification and probability manipulation.

The probability manipulation can reduce things to having a 0% chance, but that's assuming that it's being stacked. This is due to the nature of the spells themselves, reducing "accuracy" by a fixed amount (usually 40% or 45%, but it can go over or under) thus lowering the chances of people doing things. For a long time, these numbers and spells were "fixed" and there was no reason to assume that the spells didn't just work precisely as described in-game, but as of recently the developers have gone to remove/replace the effects of certain spells, and in one instance they even changed the level (and consequentially, the keys) in which a spell is available, so it's not as straightforward anymore. It should also be worth mentioning that the Debilitate spell listed on the Player's profile is only definitively available to them in the Divine Paradox key. I think that was just an oversight in editing the profile given that it correctly labels things like Omnegation as being there, though.

I do want to clarify that a few of the more bizarre things are actually accurate - like the Player's hax commonly working at and against conceptual levels (There's even a WoG statement suggesting that all Wizards in general might be able to do this.) and a lot of their arsenal being based on 5D smurf hax, but I still wanted to clear up some of the misunderstandings.

I don't normally do this nowadays, but I feel I might as well correct a few misconceptions/misunderstandings involving the Player since I'm one of the few supporters of the verse... admittedly, some of them may have been endorsed or started by me in the past... I don't really remember all of the arguments I used back in the day, but regardless, I'll be addressing things as I understand them now. I want to prefix this by saying that I don't intend to create any CRTs to officially update the verse any time soon, especially with the ongoing debates involving the tiering system being changed. That said, if anyone else feels the need to create one, feel free to do so with or without my assistance. The wiki is currently 2 years behind Wizard101's current arc anyway and it's still missing a bunch of other profiles.

Firstly, about the Player's passives: the Player doesn't have passive Matter Manipulation. They do have Matter Manipulation, but it definitely isn't passive. I think the argument might've been something like "Well they're obviously stronger than these characters that have it so they should too" but I don't really think that works well for anyone but Bartleby, Raven, or Spider in the verse (and possibly Dasein/the Nothing). That said, the Player does have passive absorption and passive Law Manipulation... the latter of which is essentially the in-universe explanation for the "duel circle" that characters are forced into, making them commit to turn-based combat with no dodging. The absorption was rated at 2-A because Morganthe was 2-A... and Morganthe is 2-A because of the Song of Creation... although an argument could be made that it's actually Low 1-C, it's much easier to assume that it's 2-A. The law manipulation would still be Low 1-C though... so should the other stuff like power nullification and probability manipulation.

The probability manipulation can reduce things to having a 0% chance, but that's assuming that it's being stacked. This is due to the nature of the spells themselves, reducing "accuracy" by a fixed amount (usually 40% or 45%, but it can go over or under) thus lowering the chances of people doing things. For a long time, these numbers and spells were "fixed" and there was no reason to assume that the spells didn't just work precisely as described in-game, but as of recently the developers have gone to remove/replace the effects of certain spells, and in one instance they even changed the level (and consequentially, the keys) in which a spell is available, so it's not as straightforward anymore. It should also be worth mentioning that the Debilitate spell listed on the Player's profile is only definitively available to them in the Divine Paradox key. I think that was just an oversight in editing the profile given that it correctly labels things like Omnegation as being there, though.

I do want to clarify that a few of the more bizarre things are actually accurate - like the Player's hax commonly working at and against conceptual levels (There's even a WoG statement suggesting that all Wizards in general might be able to do this.) and a lot of their arsenal being based on 5D smurf hax, but I still wanted to clear up some of the misunderstandings.
thanks for the info

the player has passive absorption and passive law manip in his arc 2 key right? so it cant be used in this fight sadly
is the players probability hax passive in arc 1?

thanks for the info

the player has passive absorption and passive law manip in his arc 2 key right? so it cant be used in this fight sadly
is the players probability hax passive in arc 1?
The passive absorption only becomes prominent (and acknowledged) in Arc 2. It's possible that they had it in Arc 1, but I don't want to speculate. We would need to CRT it in order to use it anyway. They do have non-passive absorption abilities though. The law manipulation is in all keys including Arc 1. The only passives that the Player directly has in the first two arcs are law manipulation and later-on absorption (not counting passives granted by Shadow transformations)., but they fight characters with passives all the time and can use power nullification against them. A few of the spells have "passive" in their description on the profile but that was never meant to be interpreted as those abilities are passively cast, it was more like "once it's cast, these effects take place passively and continuously".

Back