• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Barney & Friends: The CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Causality said:
RIP Barney
24 December - 28 December
Don´t take conclusions yet, we haven´t counted the votes yet, hell, I´ll go ahead and count them (Excluding myself for obvious reasons, however I obviously support Barney staying):

Barney can be in the wiki so long it´s done reliably right:

- Iapitus The Impaler

- Hellbeast1

- WindGodAchero

- Insecurity97

- Nedge1000

- SansTheSkeleton101

- Chartate101

- Andytrenom

- Possibly Kepekley23

Total votes: 10

Barney shouldn´t ever be in the wiki whatsoever:

- Matthew Schroeder

- Dragonmasterxyz

- ShadowWarrior1999

- Warren Valio

- Possibly IvoryAS

Total votes: 5

Neutral:

- MrKingOfNegativity

- The real cal howard

- Agnaa

- Wokista

Total votes: 4

Summary:

Agree with Barney being allowed: 10

Disagree with Barney being allowed: 5

Neutral: 4

The votes for agreement are far more than the ones for disagreement, so I guess he can stay.

The Causality said:
I don't talk about the agreement or not, but the lifespan of your profile which is pretty funny.
That´s why I didn´t add you in there.

Do you want to vote?

This shouldn't actually be a vote thing. If a profile goes against the rules of what is allowed to be even worked on, then it can't be featured and if it doesn't then it can. Shouldn't matter what anyone personally feels about the character involved, only what credible arguments they can provide for or against its allowability.

Andytrenom said:
This shouldn't actually be a vote thing. If a profile goes against the rules of what is allowed to be even worked on, then it can't be featured and if it doesn't then it can. Shouldn't matter what anyone personally feels about the character involved, only what credible arguments they can provide for or against its allowability.
Okay, let´s just wait for more arguments to be brought up, it is to be noted that Barney staying has more votes, however.

Crabwhale said:
Well, dear ****, who knew Barney the ******* Dinosaur could cause an entire thread to devolve into this?
Don't blame Barney for this. He's a sweet boi.

All joking aside, I had my own extremely large problems with the page, and from day one I suspected some serious misinterpretation and wank was going on with it, however I was resolved to watching the series first and judging later, though from the looks of things others have already taken action and I can't really blame them for that.

I also see that the community's faith in Bob has been compromised (that's a light way of putting it), so just as Wok said, I think at this point I'd better if I made the profile.

That being said, we still have not resolved the largest issue regarding the making of a Barney profile: how literally do we take the feats?

How literally we take the feats is best decided by someone who's actually watched the series. Preferably with some reasoning for why we should take them as literally as we decide to.

Great, so the burden falls entirely on me then.

Christ almighty, why do I do things...

Alright, fine, will be back in a few months.

I mean we'd hopefully discuss that decision, but you're going to be looking over the feats anyway, someone who's looking over them is the best authority on how seriously to take them.

If anyone gave what episides I should be looking over, I can do it.

Might as well kill two birds with one stone and entratain my little sister as well.

Obviously. Regardless, this is probably just my insecurities talking (there's a reason I haven't added myself to any verse on the Knowledgeable Members List).

I think I'll go neutral.

Sorry for the implication, I was just explaining reason fir the side in a way that made sense.

In fact I would say the if I didn't go with neutral I would possibly go with remove, but I don't feel strongly enough about either side to go anything other than neutral

Andytrenom said:
I agree. Composite Human doesn't.

Yes, well Barney doesn't break any of our current profile rules to my understanding.

Can I at least still help in the development of the profile? I even thought up a lot about what to take as something serious and what to take as "actual imagination" feats, but from the looks of the series overall, the latter is far more consistent, as new characters are brought up sometimes even in a more realistic fashion than Barney and so the stuff indirectly points out that it actually happened, which was while I was doing the blog.

I may be wrong, but we can check on that later if that´s the problem.

RotofBots said:
But Type 1 Abstract existence definitely needs to be removed. It's blatant wank.
That one was common sence, but I could have been wrong on that, I´m still waiting a reply in the other thread to see of it should be "totally" removed.

I didn´t even thought it would end up as a big deal...

Bobsica, I think that you are the only user who supports Abstract existence Type 1, every else don't. I am fact neutral.

Based on the current consensus, it should be gone unless you bring new evidence for it.

There´s really nothing else for it, and as it seems it´s something more special than what I thought, yeah, I´ll go ahead and clean up the beta profile now.

Bob you're still free to present stuff to these threads for evaluation and feats you find and whatnot, but at this point I think we'd need to clear and evaluate the profile in its entirety before posting it. Don't jump the gun again, please.

Okay Woki, I won´t rush it this time.

I´m glad the debate about whether or not Barney is allowed has died, it ended up into that Barney can finally be accepted by the wiki so long it´s reliable?

Bobsica, as long the profile is reliable with the abilities and stats supported and unambiguous, then the profile is allowed .

I do agree with most stated here, since most feats seems to be backed up, i legit wanted to do some matches with Barney when he was up back then.

Maybe the weather feat stuff can be removed for no issues regarding that (and then readded when we finally have a calc), and go ahead and republish Barney with the current 8-B rating?

I guess I can go ahead then and just remove the weather-related stuff for now to be able to publish the profile without any issue?

Well, some do agree on 6-C Barney and back then, Barney was 3-C from making up a galaxy with his imagination. So, who knows.

In the same episode he went to space. It was implied the galaxy the space girl´s planet is in was made up just for the story he wanted to share with the kids.

But i suppose that was a bit wanky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back