• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Barney & Friends: The CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
And again, while the new profile is notably not as bad as the original version... It's still something that I wouldn't accept on the wiki.

Okay, can everybody chill with making the profile already?

I'm still going through the whole series. I don't think it'll be the end of the world if we wait a few more months before finishing the damn thing. I think the fact that it's been deleted twice before is telling on the virtue of not rushing things.

He's not. That's just an abstraction from the show to tell the stories. Nothing of it is really happening, he's literally an imaginary friend.

Matthew Schroeder said:
He's not. That's just an abstraction from the show to tell the stories. Nothing of it is really happening, he's literally an imaginary friend.
Really happening?

If he was an imaginary friend, he would get the abstract existance, which got denied, which leads to the other option to that Barney IS real.

Imaginary friend =/= abstract existence.

@Bobsican

And yet you push for both Barney being real and Bob being imaginary, which you take not to mean that his "feats" aren't to be taken as things that are actually happening, but in a rather mind-boggling twist, that he's an Abstract Entity?

Barney should never have gotten Abstract Existence, much less Reality Warping. He's an imaginary friend. His stuff are imagined. Not real.

One thing for sure is that we can´t make Barney tier 11 either, as that´s also very contradictional.

What should be done? Just sticking to him as an actual character is respectively the best thign overall if you ask me.

He shouldn't get a rating because he's not real in-verse.

Trying to imply that Barney is purely imaginary is highly incorrect, as there numerous real consequences of his actions that can't just be waved away with "lol imagination".

No specific examples I can think of off the top of my mind, but items that couldn't have been produced without his intervention still being there, him appearing in photos (haven't gotten to that season yet, but I definitely remember them) and many more.

In conclusion, Matt, no offense to you, but it really seems you're just trying to find every which way to try and stop this profile from existing.

The High 4-C stuff was argued against.

Wokistan said:
Making a star being high 4-C doesn't sound right. Creation feats are usually treated as GBE of whatever it is, which would be 4-C in the case of a star. Got any examples of dudes being like that?

What's with the sudden hostility towards me, Kyle? Trying to say I should just be dismissed for divergence. Same to Crab to a lesser extent.

I do not accept Barney having a profile for several reasons:

1. It is a character from a show intended for 4 years whose "feats" are not to be taken literally or seen as direct representations of power, given it's more a metaphor for children's imaginations

2. The profile as it currently is, as proposed by Bob, is highly innacurate and full of questionable ratings.

I partly agree with the second point, but I heavily disagree with the first point.

Let me ask you all supporters one thing because Fate is a monster that comes with time and kills the concept of childhood.

Does anyone here have ANY proof that these "imagination" feats (?) ammount to anything more than the imaginations of the kids in the show being presented in an entertaining way?

Matthew Schroeder said:
1. It is a character from a show intended for 4 years whose "feats" are not to be taken literally or seen as direct representations of power, given it's more a metaphor for children's imaginations

2. The profile as it currently is, as proposed by Bob, is highly innacurate and full of questionable ratings.
1: Cough

2: For a reason it´s still a work in progress.

Also, how am I being hostile now? I'm literally pointing out a fact you can observe for yourself if you watch the ending of every other episode.

I'm not saying this to be mean but I'm legitimately feeling like this is literally rating actual imagined situations by children and treating them like they are actually happening. Thus giving tiers and powers based on nothing more than make-believe.

That's literally what the show's whole formula is all about.

FateAlbane said:
Let me ask you all supporters one thing because Fate is a monster that comes with time and kills the concept of childhood.
Does anyone here have ANY proof that these "imagination" feats (?) ammount to anything more than the imaginations of the kids in the show being presented in an entertaining way?
The entire plot of this episode is proof.

He even turned a toy rocket into an actual one and granted the kids different clothing for the situation, they even meeted a character that is heavily implied to not be from imagination.

If Barney appears in real photographs then he is clearly more than just literally imagination.

I mean, without barney thr kid wouldnt be able to awaken the bright baby thing or fly in the movie.

Barney also resisted being conceptually deleted by one of the kids in the movie. can the kids fly with imagination now?

I suppose everybody just ignores my post about how Barney affects the world even when the children stop playing with him and he turns back into an ordinary doll.

That's fun.

Crabwhale said:
Also, how am I being hostile now? I'm literally pointing out a fact you can observe for yourself if you watch the ending of every other episode.
Crab, I respect you, but I first cannot understand why you are putting yourself to the effort of watching friggin' Barney of all things apparently just for the sake of a wiki profile?

Second of all, are you absolutely sure that's the case. Or perhaps it is merely a consequence that you, as an adult, are interpeting the events depicted on the episode far more literally and analytically than the target audience was ever supposed to.

Everything I know and see about the character makes it clear that it is less a literal dinosaur with magical powers but more a figment of the children's imagination who does things which are also likewise imaginary.

This leads to the very simple conclusion that any magical feat that Barney performs shouldn't be interpreted as a literal showing of power, but more as an example of what the children imagine. That there can be any minor contradictions in this idea (Apparently just Barney on some pictures) should be more dismissed as something not to be taken too seriously, rather than contradict a basic idea of the show.

"Barney also resisted being conceptually deleted by one of the kids in the movie"

No... he didn't. I'm fine with tier 8 but not conceptual stuff

Seriously if he was just imagination, hr would just die from one of the kids convincing himself he is not real.

OR FLY

Kyle Ramos said:
Barney also resisted being conceptually deleted by one of the kids in the movie. can the kids fly with imagination now?
He didn't resist that. We have no proof that the kid can erase people, let alone that the kid can conceptually erase people.

Also, reminder that this thread is getting awfully close to 500 posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back