• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Barney & Friends: The CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree heavily with it. His "City Block level" feat is more like Room level. Massively FTL+ is more just travel and not reactions.

Is the travel speed from his own movement or something else?

If it's from his own movement I don't see how it would make sense to not give him MFTL reactions since he would have to logically see where he was heading at such speed (otherwise he'd just slam into everything)

There´s nothing to straightly make Barney 4-B, as I don´t think just using Immersion to a place with a sun makes you 4-B, even for Barney´s standarts.

I mean, we do count making or manipulating a place that looks to be a lot of stars to be 4-A. So, maybe we can find some animated sigment with him just moving stars in the background or something.

The closest we have got is what was concluded to just be time manipulation, in which he forces day and night to happen in seconds.

It being telekinesis or stuff in those lines to move the celestial bodies was rejected.

HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
Moving or manipulating multiple stars is just "High 4-C" iirc.
Depends on how many you're moving.

Rasalom's rating comes from shifting every known constellation in the sky. Anything less will obviously be lower.

To make a star is 4-C.

Tbh i'm not really sold on using imagination stuff, since it is, you know, imagination.

Making a star being high 4-C doesn't sound right. Creation feats are usually treated as GBE of whatever it is, which would be 4-C in the case of a star. Got any examples of dudes being like that?

I mean, he flat out created a star and made a constellation. I think High 4-C is justifiable.

(And i cannot wait to make Barney vs Goku)

Wokistan said:
Making a star being high 4-C doesn't sound right. Creation feats are usually treated as GBE of whatever it is, which would be 4-C in the case of a star. Got any examples of dudes being like that?
@Bob any more feats that would boost this from 4-C to High 4-C?

Gravitational Binding Energy. It's what you'd need to overcome to say blow up a planet and have the fragments not come back to one another.

Did we even agree on using imagination though?

I mean, didnt the star just start off as a small object and then expand when a child blew onto it? Im not sure if that is the same as creating one with your own attack potency.

Wokistan said:
Did we even agree on using imagination though?
And if so, can you link me to the arguments that were used in favor of it? Don't think we can really use what the characters are canonically imagining as a feat outside of some special circumstances.

Wokistan said:
And if so, can you link me to the arguments that were used in favor of it? Don't think we can really use what the characters are canonically imagining as a feat outside of some special circumstances.
"It has been brought up a lot of times that as they are playing with their imagination, nothing really happened, but if we went with that assumption that is pretty much entirely hypothetical, Barney wouldn´t be real in their point of view, which he explicitly is, and so the ratings he may have by using the power of "imagination" can be valid."

Barney isn´t even featless in this regard, he has filled a room with accesories and transmutated a toy rocket int an actual one to go to the other side of the galaxy to meet an alien girl.

In other words, treating it as pure "conventional imagination" is simply very contradictional to the series as a whole.

As for the "canonical imagination" thing, for a reason I tend to leave the immersion feats at a side to keep it safe most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back