• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Barney & Friends: The CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did, and still there was very little to no discussion. You just tried to stealth get a permission then rushed to make a ridiculous profile

Matthew Schroeder said:
I did, and still there was very little to no discussion. You just tried to stealth get a permission then rushed to make a ridiculous profile
Please reply only in that thread for those concerns, I can´t keep up with 2 threads at once like this.

Regardless of the quality of the stats, if a character has decent hax and abilities to the point that they are notable in a VS thread, as well as has some level of cultural significance, then they have the right to have a profile.

If the profile is in accurate then that is another issue, but that doesn't mean it needs to be deleted and banned from being remade in a more accurate form.

The profile isn't accurate and was made purely as a joke. To quote Dragon in the other thread:

To be blunt, I don't like dealing with people when it comes to opinions on this shit as people start to get very defensive over us being "overly restrictive" and shit, but this is a flat out mess to be blunt. We are getting too damn lax here to allow this....thing to be here....like to be blunt I am sure all but a measly .5% of this is wank. This is Joke Battle shit that was simply made for the lolz. Like I have expressed before that I despise profiles like this, always have.

This is a meme profile through and through. This isn't a file that has BECOME a meme (Reinhard, Lucemon, Nanashi, Mindhax characters in General, etc). This is a file that was made AS a meme. How do we accept a trainwreck like this I will never understand and refuse to understand the allowance of this. This is a joke. In my opinion, this is trash mixed in with even more trash. Not to mention this is the second time this has been made? So this is nothing more than a polished turd. I am sorry, but I can't keep quiet on my thoughts on this anymore. People want to rant and "debunk" or "argue" my post, so be it, I will simply be here not caring. I respect your opinion, but I simply do accept this. I am done.

Matt, please then debunk it all in a correct and accurate manner instead of just saying baseless assumptions.

It's not baseless assumptions, it's called being reasonable.

The AP feats are nonsense, neither are above 9-B and they're based on pure assumptions on your part. Same for speed. You're just taking gag / random scenes from a show designed for literal 3 year olds and intepreting everything literally as if it were a battle shounen. To say nothing of giving it concept manipulation and reality warping because of stuff about children's imagination that is not intended to be taken so literally, much less warrant such extreme interpretations.

Yeah, people have been pointing out the bs for over a week but all Bob does is keep pushing for it and say that it hasn't been "debunked logically".

Geoff commented on the blog 5 days ago but he was just ignored. Because Barney must be as strong as possible regardless of logic!

I mean with that logic why do we have actual cartoon characters like Bugs and Popeye (as in characters who are just as prone to gag feats)

You could argue it's wanked but still I feel we require more clear cut rules on what profiles are and aren't aloud since some profiles do subvert one or more of the criteria

It baffles me that FANDOM somehow allows some of you people to keep their administrator position in such a large community (literally the community with the largest number of readily active users in all of FANDOM), despite this massive display of toxic, condescending and arrogant behavior, all while telling a perfectly calm user who disagrees with you to "calm down" when you are the one being toxic and condescending, while somehow blocking and demoting, for two months, one of the most reasonable administrators, who actually defended normal users and their rights, respected their assumptions and always debated calmly, just because he quoted someone else saying a slur.

I'll never understand this platform.

Hellbeast1 said:
I mean with that logic why do we have actual cartoon characters like Bugs and Popeye (as in characters who are just as prone to gag feats)
You could argue it's wanked but still I feel we require more clear cut rules on what profiles are and aren't aloud since some profiles do subvert one or more of the criteria
1. I actually think that Bugs Bunny shouldn't have a profile.

2. Popeye is a gag character but at least his whole gag is "He's super strong" so he has a ton of literal, legit feats one can use.

While I think Bugs is currently wanked, I'm actually unopposed to him having a profile.

Personally, and this is just me, if you would get laughed out of a platform for even suggesting a verse would have a representative in a Death Battle, then they probably shouldn't have a profile.

I already said that the accuracy of the profile is a seperate issue from the right for it to exist or not in general.

You are entitled to your opinion. But your opinion stops being just an opinion and becomes law when everyone is enforced to abide by it. You deleted the profiles again without mentioning it on the deletion request thread.

I see the profile in the same league as I see profiles like The Ghost of Christmas Future or Lazy Town. Kinda strange that they exist as profiles but if they have the specs then so be it. Have whatever opinion you want, but when you hold others to that standard then it becomes an issue.

Besides. Neither of us should assume Bob's opinions. There is no way to prove if he meant it as a joke or not.

Again tho while Popeyes gag is strength his profile breaks other rules (look at his comic strip and tell me there's anything resembling a canon, it's literally a series of standalone appearances)

There's also the fact even with his strength his feats are nothing but gags (for instance punching Native Americans hard enough to make 75 cents)

I don't think Bob was doing it on purpose. Though just because I can sympathize with the motive doesn't mean I can do the same about the outcome.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Yeah, people have been pointing out the bs for over a week but all Bob does is keep pushing for it and say that it hasn't been "debunked logically".
Geoff commented on the blog 5 days ago but he was just ignored. Because Barney must be as strong as possible regardless of logic!
Which blog? I checked every now and then and maked soure to leave a reply if needed.

Now, for the stats and so on...

1: For the AP, taken from the blog:

"From where the rating for such a thing comes? Easy, it´s based on this and this." It´s consistent, and it´s math, which is something actually reliable as said in the Calculation Guide:

"In simplified terms, a calc is the best and most objective method to either prove or disprove a statement, or end a debate as it were."

2: Meant to be taken so literally =/= Meant to be truly taken as a whole unreliable gag

@WindGodAcheron

This is a jab at me, right?

I'm sorry if I'm paranoid, but this is the third time today I've seen a subtle or not so subtle comment like this.

But toxic behavior, condescending tone, being arrogant? What, because I'm sometimes blunt like a sledgehammer? You are conflating the meaning of things, I'm afraid.

I'm not toxic, if I were I would actually be going out of my way to antagonize and troll people, both in-site and outside-site, which is something I don't do. Demonstrating anger / losing patient from time to time is something that's human and which most everyone does, even the most calm and collected members.

Secondly, attacking a page / profile is not the same as attacking a person. Calling out a profile on wank, ludicrous rankings, innacurate statements, and just general bs is not being condescending, it is being honest. I treat everyone honestly here on this wiki. If I dislike something or some profile, I'll say it outright. Same if I think someone's good or deserving of praise.

I don't see why I need to act so candid as if I'm referring to a person's literal child, as opposed to just a profile on a silly website. It all depends on my mood I suppose, but I will admit that I acted harsher than most often here. But this is primarily out of sheer disbelief in the lack of quality of the profile.

Ultimately, people need to be a little less sensitive and not conflate criticism with personal attacks.

Bobsica

reply to #96

Nedge1000 wrote:

What exactly is missing in the blog to be of such quality? Maybe more on-topic pictures?

Nothing is be to up to interpretation like Conceptual Manipulation; the blog needs to show that it fit the definition. EX: Conceptual Manipulation and Reality Warping (Via his imagination, can seemingly conceptually erase those that lack a resistance to it).

This feat would be a non-qualifying concept. The feat is here in question is not even supported here.

The feat discussions in the blogs should be at least close to this standard:

1. Regenerationn (Mid-Godly should scale to Tweety and Daffy and Daffy, who can instantly return after being erased)
  2. Martial Arts (Has some experience with boxing and wrestling)
  3. Immortality (Types 1, 3 and 5, Stays young as long as people still laugh at him. Made a Grim Reaper give up to the point he doesn't want his soul anymore)
  4. Electricity Manipulation (Can control lightnings)
  5. Flight (Can use his ears to fly)
  6. Mind Manipulation (Can hypnotize the opponent and can control them by plugging a console into their head),
  7. Resistance to Gravity, Sleep, Darkness
  8. Non-Physical Interaction (Can hit intangible beings)
  9. Can put out hellfire from Devil Daffy
  10. Data Manipulation (here)
  11. Magic (shown here)
  12. Transmutation (Turned bullets into flowers)
  13. Sand Manipulation (with Acme Quicksand),
  14. Body Control (Can stretch his limbs), Shapeshifting
  15. Immersion (Can bring characters and objects from fictional works),
  16. Causality Manipulation (Granted and undid a wish that altered history)
  17. Acausality (Type 1; Was unaffected by that wish and like Wile.E Coyote should be unaffected from having a previous page of his own story altered )
  18. Text Manipulation (Both inside and outside of fictio)
  19. Spatial Manipulation (Spatial Manipulation)
  20. Time Manipulation (Time Reversal, Time Stop, TimeTravel, Fast Forward Time)
  21. Preparation (PreparationUsers)
  22. Cloth Manipulation(Can instantly wear his disguise by spinning around)
  23. Magma Manipulation (Magma Manipulation)
  24. Telekinesis (Telekinesis)
  25. Telepathy (Telepathy)
  26. Illusion Creation Illusion Creation with the Mirror
  27. Empathic Manipulation as show here
  28. BFR (Can send people into movies, a video game, New Jersey, a virtual world and a post-apocalyptic future)
  29. Gravity Manipulation (Can stay in the air while Yosemite Sam saw the plank),
  30. Duplication (Duplication)
  31. Biological Manipulation (Can use magic to change other people's hair and nail model. Can turn into a vampire version of himself. Has changed the structure of people's jaw and teeth.)
  32. Life Manipulation (Can let his glove hover in the air at 6:33)
  33. Plant Manipulation (with Magic Hat)
  34. Invisibility (with Lola's with invisibility potio)
  35. Probability Manipulation (Probability Manipulation)
  36. Existence Erasure (shown here and erase living being with a giant pencil)
  37. Resistance to Void Manipulation (Can survive in a void )
  38. Creation (with art supplies and magic)
  39. Technological Manipulation (as shown here)
  40. Sleep Manipulation (Can use hypnosis to put others to sleepand put himself with pills at 3:02)
  41. Attack Reflection (Attack Reflection)
  42. Age Manipulation (shown here)
  43. Size Manipulation (As shown here)
  44. Transformation (with Hyde juice)

You've yet to show any other feats where a kid does this by themself without someone else's added help.

Why is it worth to point out when it's a mistranslation?

It wasn't by Coby's imagination soley. The two other kids clearly didn't want the giant purple dinosaur to leave. Heck, I don't think Coby wass the one who even created him, he doubted you could even wish Barney into existence.

Occam's razor would suggest teleportation over him erasing his own two friends.

Then that's the reasoning that should be given rather then a longetivity one.

Same. Bugs Bunny is the most inconsistent character in fiction most likely due to being a 70 year old gag character with 0 canon and continuity. You COULD perhaps make an accurate Bugs Bunny profile if you limited it to an individual incarnation, like 90s Tiny Toons or the more recent Looney Tunes cartoon.

But the original shorts? Those are pretty much impossible.

The real cal howard said:
Personally, and this is just me, if you would get laughed out of a platform for even suggesting a verse would have a representative in a Death Battle, then they probably shouldn't have a profile.
Just gonna toss this out there: I would expect Barney to be in death battle before Smokey the Bear or that crime dog

Okay, Nedge, I´ll do so and even just remove the stuff that is left ambiguous.

How about this? I update the blog to the point it´s far more accurate and explains even more in a fashion that can´t easily be misinterpreted, then Barney can come back along his verse page.

How about that?

@Matthew

Of course it is.

It's the third time you have been accused of such today because it's an unarguable fact that you constantly showcase toxic and condescending behavior towards anyone whose position is EXTREMELY opposite to yours. You have accused Bob of trolling when he made the profile at least three separate times merely because of your own preconceived and completely baseless notions of his intentions regarding the creation of it.

You are not omniscient. You are just a random dude on the internet who admnistrates a site and has somehow managed not to have attracted FANDOM's bad side, considering they are getting extremely cherrypicky with their rules and even the slightest of bad behavior is enough to have people banned and demoted for months in their end. Stop acting like you suddenly know Bob's intentions. You don't.

You act like you disagreeing with something is suddenly enough to have it deleted and break the deletion rules. You act like your word should suddenly means everything about the profile is completely wanked. It might be, but that does not give you the right to go around attacking and diminishing people's works and backhanding them. You constantly not only accuse people, but tell them to "calm down' just because they told you to go and read a blog, when you're the one who actually needs to chill down and stop with the barrage of "subtle" insults and condescendingly pragmatic behavior.

Get over yourself, please. You are literally nothing but a guy who oversees profiles.

Bobsican said:
Okay, Nedge, I´ll do so and even just remove the stuff that is left ambiguous.
How about this? I update the blog to the point it´s far more accurate and explains even more in a fashion that can´t easily be misinterpreted, then Barney can come back along his verse page.

How about that?
Yes, Bobsica, this is the goal. Just know this is what the goal should have been from the beginning when making a profile justification.

Of course not. I just think he's better off as "Unknown" is all.

Of course, every single gag feat is now suddenly invalid.

Sorry but I can't even put it in words how much I will oppose this if this gets taken to a thread.

Why are we talking about looney toons or attacking users on this thread? This is supposed to just be about fixing or deleting Barney. There is no reason for this thread to derail like it is at the moment. Looney Toons revisions should be its own thread. The user issues should be handled somewhere else.

I still dislike that even the verse page was deleted, I even did the hard work again to relink Barney´s threads to it and vice-versa.

But regardless, I forgive Matt, he may be reckless, but he does it with good intentions towards the whole site, and I can accept that.

For now, I´ll go to update the blog with far more stuff after this whole discussion about Barney´s allowance in the wiki ends.

@Wind

Literally chill?

I already explained how it isn't toxic and how you're conflating blunt, direct criticism and just normal human anger with toxic behavior and trolling. And I didn't accuse him of trolling, I suggested that it might be the case because I suspected it, because I honestly didn't (and still don't) buy him seriously believing Barney to be that strong. And rather than keep it behind his back, I thought I'd say it to his face. Be honest to him.

I never claimed to be omniscient, and I don't see what you're trying to gain by suddenly attacking me and dismissing me as a "random dude", and practically wishing me to get FANDOM Blocked, to boot. FANDOM unfairly banned Kep because he used "offensive language" in a quote. I don't know his intentions and I never claimed I did. It's just an unquestionable matter that the profile was made as a meme, that's it. I don't understand how that's a controversial statement.

No, that's not it. In case you didn't notice, several people were against the profile on this and the other thread, and I wasn't even made aware of it until Dragonmasterxyz brought the attention to myself. You're latching onto me because I make an easy target. And no, I don't think my word is law, I'm willing to actually discuss this and I wasn't the only one who thought it wanked, once again, you're isolating me from all context to make me look worst, while also ignoring any other opposition. What gives? I didn't diminush anyone, I merely criticized a poorly made profile with wanked statistics. It's not a life passion project, and no one should put so much of their feelings onto a profile that they get hurt.

And of course I will tell someone to calm down if they get to aggressive in a thread. It's part of the "job" to avoid conflict. That you make a post demanding I "get over myself" in the most directly aggressive way possible while dismissing me as "a nobody" / "literally nothing" doesn't help your case in your claim that you want things to be peaceful.

And finally, this is completely derailing this thread.

SansTheSkeleton101 said:
Guys can we stop derailing please? Stick to Barney.(Never thought I'd say that in my life)
And this. People are putting their hearts over their brains when it comes to this.

@Kep of course not (at least I'm not)

I'm merely suggesting an overhaul of the rules to be stricter/clearer on what is and isn't allowed here.

WindGodAcheron said:
Anyway, this derailed the thread, but I just had to get it off my chest.
I personally agree that the profile is bad at the moment. But it should be restored by another admin for now and gradually worked on.
This was exactly what I had in mind for him, not to start straight up with a "perfect" profile.

We are all persons, we aren´t perfect, but it´s up to us to follow the path to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back