• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

Is there a way to calc the distance between each barrier and multiply it by 72?

YHSvCXr_d.webp

0598-003.png
Well, Ichibe hit Yhwach 3900 km away from the palace and didn't hit any barrier, so if we assume that the distance between them is like that then the entire distance is 3900 * 72 = 280800 km.

Well, Ichibe hit Yhwach 3900 km away from the palace and didn't hit any barrier, so if we assume that the distance between them is like that then the entire distance is 3900 * 72 = 280800 km.
He actually smacked him twice, so double the distance.

Imagine thinking Ichigo's in the war arc can travel slower than a 4th Seat can react in the SS arc...

I mean the Bleach speed ratings here are quite the joke that's news to no one, here at VSBW we base our Bleach scaling on a single Orihime calc and a potential lie from Gin, flawless isn't it!?
We had a lot of calcs until damage got DB happy and erase them.

Is there a reason to not calc the palace distance using mach500?

True Shikai Ichigo going full speed is at least that fast since he actually dodged buto renjin with vizard.

@Arc7Kuroi; I don't think the Bankai multiplier works for that.

Remember that in Shikai his sword can extend to 100 times its length (so at least over a hundred meters or so), but in Bankai it can extend up to 13 kilometers. That's a pretty drastic difference in scale that isn't accounted by a 5x - 10x multiplier.
“It doesn’t extend as far as I said it does” -Gin

I’ll save it for a future CRT if it’s so contentious. Also he was called hundred sword Gin or something like that, that seems more akin to “lightning-fast Tenjiro” then something we should take verbatim.

Ichigo transcends Aizen who transcends all Shinigami and was just shanked by that Bankai. TSI > Dangai. There is no reason to not use it.

@Damage3245 what about using Tenjiro's statement about being fast as lightning and acknowledging Ichigo's speed? Ichigo has a feat of dodging lightning, so is a supporting statement and foreshadow to his upcoming lightning dodge feat and not a hyperbole.

0520-012.png

I can't think of a reason to use it.

Because the shunpo from true Shikai Ichigo is at least that fast.

Base Ichigo reacts to that mach 500, then with vizard uses shunpo to dodge a barrage from mach1000 butou renjin, both hilariously weaker than this Ichigo, who manhandled multiple SR and can fight Ywach himself.

Both forms where completely blitzed by casual base Aizen, who this Ichigo is equal or stronger, because he is stronger than Shikai Isshin.

@Arc7Kuroi; I don't mind discussing it more but regarding the hundred sword point, that isn't just an alias, it is part of Gin's explanation here.
Regarding the sword length, we currently accept that Bankai with respect to stats is an increase of 5-10x, I'd argue that Gin's sword length falls into a similar category of change as Mayuri's Bankai, being that the length is unrelated to the stat amp. Which nets Toshiro at least Mach 1378.

However going by the hundred swords and 13km change from Shikai to Bankai, that would be a 130x difference. Which would end up putting Toshiro at Mach 106.

So either way you slice this pie it's an upgrade.

Yeah, the same Ichigo whose shunpo is close to Gin's Bankai speed can't even see Aizen's shunpo who is at best equal to true shikai Ichigo, making him at least canonically mach 500.

I don't see why it couldn't be used to calc the distance to the palace, both time and speed have canon in-universe sources.

Yeah, the same Ichigo whose shunpo is close to Gin's Bankai speed can't even see Aizen's shunpo who is at best equal to true shikai Ichigo, making him at least canonically mach 500.

I don't see why it couldn't be used to calc the distance to the palace, both time and speed have canon in-universe sources.

Let me put it like this. We all know that Namek Saga characters in Dragon Ball are easily Relativistic+, if not FTL. Suppose we have a feat of Vegeta or Krillin flying somewhere for several seconds or even minutes... Now, do you think we could use their Relativistic+ speed to calculate the size of Namek to be many, many times larger than the Sun?

Let me put it like this. We all know that Namek Saga characters in Dragon Ball are easily Relativistic+, if not FTL. Suppose we have a feat of Vegeta or Krillin flying somewhere for several seconds or even minutes... Now, do you think we could use their Relativistic+ speed to calculate the size of Namek to be many, many times larger than the Sun?
Mach 500 is a statement not a feat.

I believe the rationale is that the Mach 500 statement should apply to TS Ichigo because TS Ichigo = Dangai Ichigo > Transcendent Aizen > all known Shinigami statements pre-Deicide chapters at least

yea then using the argument of gins bankai length being more than x10 shouldnt be used to not use the toshiro calc as it seems like the multiplier doesnt affect length and number of things
Couldn't the same thing apply to the speed of his Bankai's extension/retraction?

no because we know bankai affects speed and ichigo said gins bankai is dangerous because of its speed and gin confirmed it so it clearly boosts the speed
Yes, my point is it doesn't necessarily boost it by 5 to 10 times.

That's calcstacking, using a canon speed value wouldn't be.

Example, mach 33 (from 1 million km in 24hs) x several hours = X namek size.

Here we have a literal clock giving detailed timeframe and a specific number for speed, and no contradiction since it's a dimensional tunel so we don't need to worry about the size of the planet or anything.

Can't be outlier either since there's multiple similar and higher speed feats, as I see it there's no problem.

So wait? We are taking Gin's Mach 500 statement as a literal form of scaling now?

Really?

If you think Gin is talking bullshit, how about Ichigo being faster than Candice natural lightning without even using shunpo?

Lightning speed for 9 hours = distance to the palace.

Using Gin's statement is complete nonsense.

• There are numerous feats that are significantly faster than Mach 500 both pre and post time skip
  • Gin is literally a ******* snake and nearly everything out of his mouth shouldn't take seriously, especially when he admits to lying about something
  • And no, just because Ichigo thought Mach 500 was an insane speed, doesn't mean it is - why the **** would he know if he is numerically faster than some arbitrary speed like something being hundreds of times faster than Gin clapping his hands? Do you calculate and compare your speed like that exactly? Do you think anyone in the Soul Society does? All he knows is that he's faster than those he is faster than, there are no numbers involved.

I know, that if I wasn't on the wiki, I wouldn't know the speed of lightning for instance; And wouldn't think that dodging lightning would be as impressive of a speed feat that dodging a Mach 500 expanding sword is because one of those has a comparison to something I know (Gin clapping his hand) and adds a big multiplier to it.

Also, are we really upscaling an Orihime reaction calc to some no named fodder character for the entire cast? Jesus, how is this community's decision making on these speed feats this ******?

What about the Senbonsakura feat, Ichigo dodging Byakyuga's lightning kido (which is called, acts, moves, and looks like real lightning, just like how all elemental kido take on the features of their element, and to assume that this randomly isn't the case for lightning kido is pure headcanon that goes against Occam's Razor), dodging the Negación, Aaroniero dodging sunlight is literally apart of his character and has a direct feat of this on panel, Candice's lightning (which is faster than real lightning IIRC), Mask's light beam, Lillie in his entirety.

And I am probably forgetting like 4 other feats and statements all faster than Gin's statement or that Orihime calc.

But no, that calc is obviously the only legit speed feat in the series until the top tier level statement of Mach 500 which comes from only the most reputable of sources and clearly overwrites all other feats and statements in the series, how could I forget?

God, I am so done with this shit. Just remove the speed section from Bleach character's profiles entirely and just always equalize speed in fights. It's not even worth debating at this point.

Using Gin's statement is complete nonsense.

• There are numerous feats that are significantly faster than Mach 500 both pre and post time skip
  • Gin is literally a ******* snake and nearly everything out of his mouth shouldn't take seriously, especially when he admits to lying about something
  • And no, just because Ichigo thought Mach 500 was an insane speed, doesn't mean it is - why the **** would he know if he is numerically faster than some arbitrary speed like something being hundreds of times faster than Gin clapping his hands? Do you calculate and compare your speed like that exactly? Do you think anyone in the Soul Society does? All he knows is that he's faster than those he is faster than, there are no numbers involved.

I know, that if I wasn't on the wiki, I wouldn't know the speed of lightning for instance; And wouldn't think that dodging lightning would be as impressive of a speed feat that dodging a Mach 500 expanding sword is because one of those has a comparison to something I know (Gin clapping his hand) and adds a big multiplier to it.

Also, are we really upscaling an Orihime reaction calc to some no named fodder character for the entire cast? Jesus, how is this community's decision making on these speed feats this ******?

What about the Senbonsakura feat, Ichigo dodging Byakyuga's lightning kido (which is called, acts, moves, and looks like real lightning, just like how all elemental kido take on the features of their element, and to assume that this randomly isn't the case for lightning kido is pure headcanon that goes against Occam's Razor), dodging the Negación, Aaroniero dodging sunlight is literally apart of his character and has a direct feat of this on panel, Candice's lightning (which is faster than real lightning IIRC), Mask's light beam, Lillie in his entirety.

And I am probably forgetting like 4 other feats and statements all faster than Gin's statement or that Orihime calc.

But no, that calc is obviously the only legit speed feat in the series until the top tier level statement of Mach 500 which comes from only the most reputable of sources and clearly overwrites all other feats and statements in the series, how could I forget?

God, I am so done with this shit. Just remove the speed section from Bleach character's profiles entirely and just always equalize speed in fights. It's not even worth debating at this point.

Well both Candice's lightning and Gin's Bankai are accepted here while those things you mentioned aren't, and only the Negacion thing has any merit to be discussed again.

Gin never really lied to Ichigo about anything, the databook states he didn't lie about his Bankai and is a canon source.

i already brought up aaronierros speed feat and some kept using their own head cannon to say light needs to hit him long enough for it to take effect when thats an assumption and would go against rukias entire plan cuz everything she did was to test out if light had an effect to begin with because she believes he was fast enough to dodge it and her trapping aaronierro is proof of that she has no way of knowing aarnoierro needs to be exposed to light long enough for him to be affected if that was even a thing (which it isnt and its complete headcannon )

i already brought up aaronierros speed feat and some kept using their own head cannon to say light needs to hit him long enough for it to take effect when thats an assumption and would go against rukias entire plan cuz everything she did was to test out if light had an effect to begin with because she believes he was fast enough to dodge it and her trapping aaronierro is proof of that she has no way of knowing aarnoierro needs to be exposed to light long enough for him to be affected if that was even a thing (which it isnt and its complete headcannon )

Aaroniero could have reacted to the light in front of him, the sound of the wall being pierced or to himself burning.

He might have dodged the light itself but there's not enough evidence in the manga.

Back