• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

I think the plan is: key revision thread -> multiplier thread (wrap up the non FTL scaling) -> Renji and Distance calc thread.

The thread is re-opened. I've laid out my position on there, and what the purpose of the CRT is currently.

Looking at the Bleach page and saw this "The verse is also known for its speed" it clearly isn't anymore unless it's to say how much of a slowpoke it is

Looking at the Bleach page and saw this "The verse is also known for its speed" it clearly isn't anymore unless it's to say how much of a slowpoke it is
Funny enough even without the FTL calcs I wanna say the God Tiers of Bleach are still faster than the God Tiers of the rest of the HST. At like 9.4c lol I wanna say Naruto’s FTL is less than 3c and One Piece isn’t even FTL yet. But that’s what happens when the only accepted speed feat is one that scales to SS Arc 4th Seats.

What do y'all make of the "True Zangetsu" the "Zangetsu Within" that Ichigo uses to kill Yhwach?

Obviously purely speculative, but in the stages of transcendence in Bleach we have two confirmed stages (we also got the unreleased, shikai, and bankai states that come prior):
  1. Zanpakuto fuses to your arm (like how Zangetsu coiled up Ichigo's arm and KS just became Aizen's hand)
  2. Zanpakuto fuses with your being (what happened to Aizen before being sealed, in TYBW we see the ramifications with Aizen's body functioning as the Zanpakuto and being able to summon KS whenever)
I think the Pseudo Shikai looking Zangetsu beneath the shell of Ichigo's True Bankai is perhaps the final state of the Zanpakuto that goes as follows:
  • Zanpakuto takes the form of whatever the user desires (Ichigo had always associated Zangetsu with his first shikai, it is perhaps his most iconic form)
My thought process being Ichigo is the only person to understand that "Blade Is Me" so if Zangetsu is just Ichigo then I'd reckon Ichigo could manifest it in whatever form he felt was the truest representation of Zangetsu. Like that "True Zangetsu" is straight up Ichigo's soul and not just a blade being a conduit for manifesting the weapon.

So my headcanon for the states of the Zanpakuto are:
  1. Unreleased
  2. Shikai
  3. Bankai
  4. Fused with Arm
  5. Fused with Self
  6. Is Self

I know this doesn't make a whole lot of sense (because frankly, not a lot did in that final fight) but when Yhwach said that "every Bankai has already been crushed in the future", I assumed that Ichigo somehow shifted his powers back to Shikai form as that was the only way around Yhwach's future-modification at the time. Yhwach may have crushed his Bankai in every possible future, but not his Shikai, which is how he was able to beat him.

But it doesn't really work because it doesn't seem like something Ichigo consciously chose to do, nor does it explain why he used his old version of Shikai.

I know this doesn't make a whole lot of sense (because frankly, not a lot did in that final fight) but when Yhwach said that "every Bankai has already been crushed in the future", I assumed that Ichigo somehow shifted his powers back to Shikai form as that was the only way around Yhwach's future-modification at the time. Yhwach may have crushed his Bankai in every possible future, but not his Shikai, which is how he was able to beat him.

But it doesn't really work because it doesn't seem like something Ichigo consciously chose to do, nor does it explain why he used his old version of Shikai.
That's still an interesting perspective tho, I guess for that matter both our viewpoints work because if that inner Zangetsu is a state above Bankai then it would still escape the shattering of Bankai in the future. Lol until Kubo ***** out TYBW databooks speculation is all we got.

Ichigo's old shikai and his crushed bankai are different. The blade of the broken bankai is thinner, and the handle is longer to the point Ichigo can hold it with two hands.

I always interpreted as it was just a visual reference and call back to Ichigo's origins, which just means that side of Ichigo's powers is still apart of him even after this far.

I do have a question though, if Ichigo could seal his Zanpakuto, what do you think it would look like? I am thinking that it would be his Zanpakuto that he had when he used Rukia's powers, but smaller.

I always interpreted as it was just a visual reference and call back to Ichigo's origins, which just means that side of Ichigo's powers is still apart of him even after this far.

I do have a question though, if Ichigo could seal his Zanpakuto, what do you think it would look like? I am thinking that it would be his Zanpakuto that he had when he used Rukia's powers, but smaller.
That blade he had when using Rukia's powers looks very much like Rukia's sword in its sealed form

I doubt it would look like the OG sword cuz that is just Rukia’s sealed form but bigger. I think it would be similar in size and shape to the OG (due to him actually being that strong rather than a lack of control) but with different details (guard design, handle and tassel colors etc.) or it would be like his OG Bankai.

I bet Kubo would draw it like the sword from the Substitute Shinigami Arc, just because I feel like Kubo likes callbacks like that, but at this stage in the game I'm sure Ichigo could control his spiritual pressure enough for it to be a normal katana. Or maybe it would look like Kazui's?

It's a shame that Kudo didn't had the time to explain or better give more hints about those stuffs at the end as he usually do, because in the whole manga there is a lot of things that you need to re-read and link to understand what kubo want to say. I think there is an explation too for the last part, and it is related to Ichigo truly understanding hilmself, and therefore the original zanpakuto. Or Probably gained the ability to create it from nothing as Aizen, and he choose that shape subconsciously.

Anyone else think we will get a databook with the Blu-ray of the final season once it’s done? Or would it come out before the anime finishes?

Maybe his unsealed sword is his batarang from his 2019 Quincy form? It looks like two swords combined. But I doubt it since he looks to be in Bankai clothes.

I'm sure we will get scenes post episode ending song like in the arrancar arc where characters will briefly explain stuff and whatnot.

Did you know that Bleach actually climbed higher than it was last year.
Last year, Bleach was the 5th most profitable franchise for TV Tokyo. This year, it climbed to the 4th position.

Redundant key revisions I think. I also wanna say damage is making a calc group discussion for the distance calcs. Then we have yet to discuss Renji's calc and the multipliers. Some time in the near distant future I've got a 15 pages dedicated to God Tier revisions as y'all are prolly aware lmao.

I have three questions.

Does anyone here know about all the excitement that went on with Mileena from Mortal Kombat 11? That the fans wanted the character back and there were those mockers telling them she was dead and would never come back?

Does anyone know how to edit YouTube videos?

Well, a fan created this intro for his video is about a minute and something long. It looks so good with the music that I want an Ichigo version just to celebrate the return of this legend and anime.

The music intro is “Legends Never Die”.

Back