• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

Aight fellas time to list my top 10 moments to be animated in order from most hype to least most hype:
  1. TS Shikai Finesses Femritters
  2. Ichigo and Aizen ragtag team up vs Yhwach
  3. Askin vs Urahara ft sexy cat Yoruichi and sexier cat Grimmjow
  4. Kenpachi vs Gremmy ft Tekking predicting Nozashi
  5. Bankai Yama ft FB Bankai Ichigo
  6. FB Ichigo vs Qulige
  7. Jugram vs Bazz-B and just Jugram's character in general
  8. Adult Toshiro, more specifically Byakuya not laughing at Toshiro's jokes
  9. Anything with Mayuri
  10. Shunsui sharing a drink with Jushiro 10 years post the war ;-;
Honorable Mentions: the entire arc

I don't know if I'll be able to keep composure when Shunsui shares that final drink with Jushiro, especially if they play Here to Stay, holy moly.

Here's to the anime expanding on stuff tho, I'd love to see more of the Zero Squad in action, more of Ichigo's True Bankai, and more of the Elite Sternritter fights, but regardless I'm hype as **** I can't wait.

Was this discussed before? the torrent of SK's power reaching Seireitei in the time Soifon made a short speech (pretty much everyone reacted to it)
https://www.***********.net/bleach/621/9
https://www.***********.net/bleach/621/10
https://www.***********.net/bleach/621/11
There's still this feat which scale to pretty much most of the relevant Gotie characters.

At the beginning of next week I'll be creating a Part 2 to the speed thread which will be centred around Post-Timeskip scaling, feats and calcs. Using this weekend to finish the preparations for it.

Can you break the CRT into separate parts? That way when a conclusion is reached for something like the Aaroniero sunlight feat, people can’t bring it up later on since it will be a CRT for a separate thing.

"'That's not just any normal Cero I feel. Are they trying to destroy the sun or something? Well, if they're the same as when I met them last time, it should be fine as long as I put on my mask...' Though he spoke lightly, Hirako was already calmly calculating whether he could hold them back based on the spiritual pressure he could feel all the way from there." ~CFYOW II

So this is weird. Shinji feels Grimmjow's Gran Rey Cero and ponders if Grimmjow is trying to destroy the sun. He then likens this to the last he met them (which would be the TYBW since both Grimmjow and Luppi were present there) implying that if they aren't any stronger than this his mask can handle it. They even mention that Shinji is sensing their spiritual pressure. From what I get from this is that Shinji sees a Gran Rey Cero and after gauging it's power is like "if Grimmjow is relative to when I last met him I should be fine with my mask" which to me implies that this Gran Rey Cero Shinji senses is relative to the Grimmjow from the TYBW. I don't know how to feel about Shinji's statement. Shinji seems to think CFYOW Grimmjow and potentially TYBW Grimmjow is star level lol. We also have this:

"He could convert what he imagined into reality, and his abilities were like a god's. In his fatal battle with Kenpachi Zaraki, he had even materialized a gigantic meteor and outer space itself in the Seireitei." ~CFYOW II

So volume two also confirms that what Gremmy imagines, he creates. Of course we still have the "power of my imagination simply doubles" quote when Gremmy clones himself, so either something's off or power of imagination =/= AP or you could apply the logic we apply to scaling Gremmy but back scale off of creating that outer space. I'm sure a CRT will be dropped for that sometime (4-A to 3-C Gremmy when lol). I just thought these were interesting as far as scaling goes and wanted to hear other people's thoughts.

"'That's not just any normal Cero I feel. Are they trying to destroy the sun or something? Well, if they're the same as when I met them last time, it should be fine as long as I put on my mask...' Though he spoke lightly, Hirako was already calmly calculating whether he could hold them back based on the spiritual pressure he could feel all the way from there." ~CFYOW II

So this is weird. Shinji feels Grimmjow's Gran Rey Cero and ponders if Grimmjow is trying to destroy the sun. He then likens this to the last he met them (which would be the TYBW since both Grimmjow and Luppi were present there) implying that if they aren't any stronger than this his mask can handle it. They even mention that Shinji is sensing their spiritual pressure. From what I get from this is that Shinji sees a Gran Rey Cero and after gauging it's power is like "if Grimmjow is relative to when I last met him I should be fine with my mask" which to me implies that this Gran Rey Cero Shinji senses is relative to the Grimmjow from the TYBW. I don't know how to feel about Shinji's statement. Shinji seems to think CFYOW Grimmjow and potentially TYBW Grimmjow is star level lol. We also have this:

"He could convert what he imagined into reality, and his abilities were like a god's. In his fatal battle with Kenpachi Zaraki, he had even materialized a gigantic meteor and outer space itself in the Seireitei." ~CFYOW II

So volume two also confirms that what Gremmy imagines, he creates. Of course we still have the "power of my imagination simply doubles" quote when Gremmy clones himself, so either something's off or power of imagination =/= AP or you could apply the logic we apply to scaling Gremmy but back scale off of creating that outer space. I'm sure a CRT will be dropped for that sometime (4-A to 3-C Gremmy when lol). I just thought these were interesting as far as scaling goes and wanted to hear other people's thoughts.
For the gremmy part I think is more of the saying "2 heads are better than 1"

0346-017.png

here ulquiorra states ichigo's getsuga tenshou is similar to an arrancars cero oscuras, and we know that a getsuga tenshou is a technique that amps power
0211-005.png
0211-015.png
0211-016.png

here we see grimmjow casually catching ichigos sword with one hand
but when ichigo fires a getsuga grimmjow puts more effort into blocking it but fails and gets heavily wounded and leaves a permanent scar, supporting the idea that it amplifies ichigos powers
0346-012.png

here ulquiorra also confirms it by saying "thats when you are at your most lethal" and going as far as calling it "your ultimate technique"
now keep in mind the word technique
unknown.png

after ulquiorra says his getsuga is similar to a arrancars cero ichigo says not to compare it to something like that
in a manner that seems like he is looking down on the ceros and thinks his getsuga is superior a counter argument could be that ulquiorra was talking about their color however the way ichigo spoke disagrees with this and i already proved how it amps the users power and
0347-009.png
0347-010.png

when ulquiorra talks about appearance he only refers to ichigos physical looks "your appearance"
and he was talking about power when he talked about the getsuga being similar to the cero oscuras as here right after ulquiorra showed cero oscuras he trash talks ichigo and says no matter how similar his techniques are the difference between them is like heaven and hell and that its understandable for soul reapers to copy hollows for power further backing up the fact that he was talking about power
unknown.png

another counter argument could be that ichigo was in denial that he was using a hollow technique thus saying dont compare it to a cero
however in the first encounter with grimmjow he had acknowledged the fact that its his hollows technique so that cant be the case plus he was already using his hollow mask in the fight with ulquiorra
something else i want to bring up is that ichigo had already seen the gran rey cero and we know that from ulquiorras statement espada 1-4 can accidentally destroy las noches by just transforming, while other espadas can perform the same feat accidentally with a gran rey cero but cant with resurrection meaning gran rey cero > resurrection
so based on that and ichigos statement in terms of multipliers these would compare like this
resurrection(x5 multiplier as accepted)<gran rey cero<cero oscuras
and as cero oscuras increases the power by an order of magnitude that would be x10 so ichigos getsuga tensho should be at least x5 (superior to a gran rey cero which is above a resurrection thats at least x5) if not x10 as ulquiorra says they are similar
what are your thoughts ?

I'm pretty sure we've always known that using Getsuga Tensho is more powerful than just Ichigo swinging his sword at someone. But I don't think we can apply a multiplier to it. Ulquiorra only says that it is like a Cero Oscuras, and that's probably because of the Hollow influence from within Ichigo. But that doesn't tell us that it is exactly as powerful.

I'm pretty sure we've always known that using Getsuga Tensho is more powerful than just Ichigo swinging his sword at someone. But I don't think we can apply a multiplier to it. Ulquiorra only says that it is like a Cero Oscuras, and that's probably because of the Hollow influence from within Ichigo. But that doesn't tell us that it is exactly as powerful.
Nor is it stated to be equal, just similar which is why he did not outright say getsuga is a 10x on his post

“The strong Arrancars in Hueco Mundo are the aggregations of several tens of thousands—or hundreds of millions—of konpaku. Whether it’s the result of them all mixing together, or the result of one strong individual overtaking the will of the others, the resulting Arrancars have their own beliefs. That’s exactly why, if we can understand their way of thinking…even just a tiny fraction of it, if there’s a part of them that agrees with us, negotiations are possible.”

Excerpt From
Bleach: Can’t Fear Your Own World, Vol. 2
Tite Kubo, Ryohgo Narita
This material may be protected by copyright.

Hundreds of millions? No idea it went that high, thought it capped out at tens of thousands.

Though there are also statements that Grimmjow contains so many souls, that his death could potentially destroy the balance of souls if not done with preparation, this was stated by Ichibe iirc.

Regardless, there is definitely an argument to increase Bleach's soul potency, I just haven't had the time or much interest to create that argument in detail yet.

Yeah, beginning of the first Can't Fear Your Own World novel.

Bit strange that the death of someone like Grimmjow could destroy all of the worlds, but to be fair, they had only just instated a new Soul King so maybe things were a little rocky.

I already explained above how what ulquiorra said cant be because of it being hollow like due to the way ichigo replied and he had previously acknowledged the fact that it is his hollow's power
i agree x10 wouldnt be safe
but a x5 value should be given as that is the minimum based on what i showed above

Yeah, beginning of the first Can't Fear Your Own World novel.

Bit strange that the death of someone like Grimmjow could destroy all of the worlds, but to be fair, they had only just instated a new Soul King so maybe things were a little rocky.
Remember that someone of that level must have millions of souls or even more

So killing him is like killing millions or more at the same time

Yeah, I think it's more so because such a sudden release of a massive amount of souls at once would sort of overload the balance, it doesn't normally work like that, I imagine it's normally a consistent amount of souls at once.

Back