• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

Wow if Mayuri’s Bankai were to somehow go on a rampage it could potentially cover a 100 mile radius lol. Good thing he is able to control it...

“Because of that, in the middle of attempting the process of submission it was possible to roughly estimate what kind of bankai it would be and when it was learned, so the user could often naturally handle the power. However, when suddenly attempting to bring out a bankai’s power like this, there was the chance that the bankai would rampage.
If a bankai like Mayuri Kurotsuchi’s Konjiki Ashisogi Jizo Matai Fukuin Shotai’s “Spray lethal poison in a hundred-mile radius” were to be invoked and Hisagi were unable to completely control it, Mashiro and Muguruma would die”

Excerpt From
Bleach: Can’t Fear Your Own World, Vol. 2
Tite Kubo, Ryohgo Narita
This material may be protected by copyright.

Was it actually proven to be a mistranslation? If two different yet both reputable translators translated it to that, perhaps it isn't wrong?

If they corrected it why would they write it wrong again?
They probably remembered of something similar in the manga, went to check, and then used that translation. Viz isn't perfect with this. Like, a while ago I've looked around to see what happened with the translation for Ri in Ichibe's feat, and from what I've found apparently one of the translators just googled Ri and picked the first value, which happened to be the Chinese Li and this way screwing up all the other uses of Ri in the manga (which used the Japanese Ri).
Was it actually proven to be a mistranslation? If two different yet both reputable translators translated it to that, perhaps it isn't wrong?
I think IMade mentioned this on the old forums, like a year or two ago. We'll need the raw scan tho to be 100% sure which translation is good.

Anticipating FTL Bleach being gone completely the way things are going, probably won't even be high Relativistic since Pre-TS seems to be capping out at baseline Sub-Relativistic.

I'll post this here because of the "calc group thread bla bla bla" (which is a BS reason to interrupt discussion, btw), but my biggest ??? with Damage's calc is the distance for that arrow. Maybe I don't get perspectives and whatnot, but how in god's name is this arrows 2.3m away from Ichigo?! Is the perspective that much f*cked, or is Ichigo like 10m tall?!

3qfQrlD.png

@Ovy7; you could have just asked in the comments for the calc itself.

But that calc, like USklaverei's calc, finds the depth of the arrow in the background as well as the distance to Ichigo from the arrow. The true distance is found by the hypotenuse of their two distances. Like you said, it is to do with perspective.

The current calc uses the exact same method.

How do we know that the arrows is actually at that distance? Because to me it looks more like half a meter away, not two and a half. There's also the fact that it looks to be coming from in front of Ichigo, not from his back/background. The arrows that do that are drawn at the bottom of the page.

It appears to be at that distance to me. To me, it looks like it is coming in from the background. I used the same accepted method that was on USklaverei's calc.

Ngl, to me it looks like it's coming from the front. It may be a bit confusing because of Ichigo having his head tilted to the left of his body, while his body is straight if you know what I mean.

Yes, this arrow is coming from the side like all the others, and if you were to compare this arrow that she used with the others, you will see that this one is ridiculously smaller and that is why he used it, because it will always give a much smaller result.

So, I may be the only one that didn't knew this, but apparently the Electrocution Candice threw at Tsukishima and Ginjo was at point blank range:
But it was precisely for this reason, that when her first arrow was repelled and sent flying by that big sword, her limit which was known as being short-tempered, was easily sidestepped.

And then, utilising a transfer technique which employed the use of shadows characteristic of the “Wandenreich” and derived from the 'equipment’ Mayuri had prepared, she was able to throw an extra large bolt of lightning at point-blank range towards her targets.

Although her might has significantly weakened now that she has lost the power of her Vollständig, the blow from her “Electrocution” still far surpasses any lightning in the realm of nature.

Kurotsuchi Mayuri who was observing the lightning strike from a fair distance away, shook his head whilst his eyes narrowed.

@Ovy7

What’s more impressive is how they countered before it hit them.
“What is this thing?
What am I seeing right now?
Candice, who had been certain of her victory, broke into a cold sweat immediately.
Though it wasn’t as powerful as it had once been, that lightning should have been powerful enough to turn even a reasonably strong Soul Reaper into ash. However, when the lightning that she had called forth settled, the forms of the three men who seemed to have survived the lightning strike emerged. But that wasn’t what had struck fear into Candice. What had left Candice flabbergasted was the gigantic, thick-rooted tree that seemed to stretch into the air as though it were stabbing at the heavens that had abruptly appeared by the men who were her targets. Though Candice had been the one to surprise attack them, she had at least known her own surroundings. That thing hadn’t been there just before she had unleashed her Electrocution.
Damn it! Most of the lightning strike was redirected into the tree!
Most of the thunderbolt that surpassed natural lightning had been absorbed into the ground through the gigantic tree, and the man in the black jacket had brushed any extraneous lightning that broke away using his large sword just as he had before. Before she could take in what had happened, a blade closed in before Candice’s eyes.
“Guh!”
Candice narrowly leapt backwards as the place she had been was sheared by the blade of the large sword, which glinted silver.
“Huh…?!”

Excerpt From
Tite Kubo, Ryohgo Narita
This material may be protected by copyright

“Tsukishima shrugged lightly and replied, “That wasn’t anything. I just nurtured a tree in my spare time while I was reading. I tried everything I could do while it was a sapling.”
“Just how many years ago did you insert yourself into it?” Ginjo said, exasperated.
When their opponent had appeared, Tsukishima had turned his bookmark into a sword using his Fullbring and used his Book of the End ability to cut a tree near him. He inserted himself into the tree’s past and gave the tree a twisted form of nourishment in order to turn it into a massive giant.”

Excerpt From
Tite Kubo, Ryohgo Narita
This material may be protected by copyright.

Yeah, even at point blank Tsukishima was fast enought to insert himself and create a large tree, while Ginjo deflected the other part of the Electrocution. That's also base Ginjo, without Shikai or Bankai.

What's the TL;DR of that speed CRT? I haven't kept up with it since like page 10 because it looked like a clusterfuck to me xD

@Ovy7; Pre-Timeskip profiles have been updated to a new scaling based on Orihime's calc being updated, plus a multiplier for the Shinigami's Limiter Release being added. Some minor adjustments are still left to be made.

Post-Timeskip profiles that are effected by the Pre-Timeskip changes are currently being sorted in order to see which ones need updating.

USklaverei is going to put together a list of redundant keys which may be a factor as well as some profiles will need to be revised for that too.

Can anybody calculate Ichigo blitzing the quincy girls right after he crashed into the clock tower? that would be a pretty good feat right?

Can anybody calculate Ichigo blitzing the quincy girls right after he crashed into the clock tower? that would be a pretty good feat right?
To calculate it without calc-stacking probably wouldn't yield good results.

Well, based on the quotes above, Ginjo can react and counter lightning at point-blank range and Candice can react to his attack, yet she can't react at all to Ichigo using Shunpo from like 200m away.

I don't think this way it would be calcstacking, tho not sure what the result would be...

Didn't Ginjo react point blank to the Electrocution from a nerfed Candice that surpassed any natural lightning? And if Candice can react to Ginjo (if we said surpassing natural lightning was >= the return stroke) that might lead to something interesting, it would at least mean that TS Ichigo can casually fight at relativistic speeds, maybe higher if it's possible to get how much faster this casual TS Ichigo was than Candice or if Volstandig is a Bankai level amp.

That's what I said above, yes, tho IMO using the normal speed of lightning used on the wiki is probably a safe end than going for the return stroke. Based on a calc I've just did (tho likely incorrect, dunno) it would still yield sub-rel speed for Ichigo (around mach 234k).

I can't wait to see TS Ichigo show up in the anime, fly over to Kenpachi and be like "sup you big bitch need a hand" y'all think we will get a trailer at Jump Festa?

I can't wait to see TS Ichigo show up in the anime, fly over to Kenpachi and be like "sup you big bitch need a hand"
Same lol. Or Kenny's meteor feat, or Yama's Bankai, or....

y'all think we will get a trailer at Jump Festa?
Hopefully.
When it's Jump Festa?

i think we will if im not mistaken they announced that production started in august or september that would be a good 3 months+ so they should have a few episodes animated at least i hope
Hopefully.
When it's Jump Festa?
december 19/20

I think I'm looking forward more to the anime for Bleach than any other upcoming anime right now.

Can you imagine getting all of the Sternritter featured in an OP or an ED?

Back