• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

Might be wrong, but I think it was solely due to the fact that Yhwach could see "himself" in the future after absorbing Mimihagi, or something along those lines.

Might be wrong, but I think it was solely due to the fact that Yhwach could see "himself" in the future after absorbing Mimihagi, or something along those lines.
Yea, that was their argument

"He can see himself in the future and every one remembers him"

What is dangai size? there are informations? Databok/novel/manga
No info on it's size as of now, maybe a databook will be released with the return of the anime.

What was the consensus on Uryu's arrows travelling faster than sunlight itself in the TYBW arc?
I think the current consensus is no, but Uryu's attacks are FTL according to this site (I'd be curious what the calc of that arrow's speed would be assuming it outran the sunlight being that we already have Uryu at FTL).

Lol now we know where the Soul Kings arms were before? Probably just a figure of speech though considering Pernida and Mimihagi lol.

“If we call the Shihoin family the Tenshi Heisoban because they are the heavenly defenders of the realm, and they have the role of managing the arms that the Soul King supposedly bestowed on them.”

Edit- Actually I think they're talking about weapons here xD.

Last edited:
Something I just thought of, would it be possible to calc Szayelaporro's feat where Maruri drugs him? He perceives one second as a hundred years but he was still able to raise his hand infront of him as Mayuri was stabbing him in the heart.

Something I just thought of, would it be possible to calc Szayelaporro's feat where Maruri drugs him? He perceives one second as a hundred years but he was still able to raise his hand infront of him as Mayuri was stabbing him in the heart.
I don't think that really means anything. His body still moves at normal speed and all.

Type 2 is still legit imo, Yhwach being able to view himself in the future isn't counter evidence as type 2's can still be fate haxxed and precoged. Type 2 just grants resistance, not immunity.

Although I think type 4 fits the Soul King a lot more tbh, he obviously doesn't quite work on our regular system of cause and effect given Orihime's causality manipulation failed on him and him being a being of contradiction.

@Damage3245 But he still perceived the sword coming towards him before Mayuri even finished stabbing him in the heart, I doubt Mayuri was doing that motion for more than a few seconds

Though, maybe I'm just confused and it's not really a reaction feat.

@Purgy; I don't think it is a reaction feat. Mayuyi made it so that the 8th Espada had all the time in the world to see the sword coming towards him. Mayuri didn't even necessarily swing it fast at him; all he had to do was raise his sword and thrust.

I can't really figure out how to word what I'm trying to argue, and I might just be wrong anyway, so just forget I said anything.

I can't really figure out how to word what I'm trying to argue, and I might just be wrong anyway, so just forget I said anything.
I think i understand what you're trying to say. Basically, Szayel perceives the sword moving WAY faster than it actually is and still reacts in time.
Thats for reaction speed only ofc, his movement speed is the same as usual.
According to some site i digged, there are 31,536,000 seconds in an year. You do the math.

But then again, i dont remember the scene. A scan or two would be nice.

Last edited:
“Mayuri recalled the numerous ghastly experiments done on Quincies in the past—the days of experiments that had, at times, involved chopping Quincies up, or mashing them, or drilling holes in their skulls while they were still living, or having Quincies roast their own children to death.” ☠️

Excerpt From
Bleach: Can’t Fear Your Own World, Vol. 2
Tite Kubo, Ryohgo Narita
This material may be protected by copyright.

“Mayuri recalled the numerous ghastly experiments done on Quincies in the past—the days of experiments that had, at times, involved chopping Quincies up, or mashing them, or drilling holes in their skulls while they were still living, or having Quincies roast their own children to death.” ☠️

Excerpt From
Bleach: Can’t Fear Your Own World, Vol. 2
Tite Kubo, Ryohgo Narita
This material may be protected by copyright.
They really went full demiurge from overlord with mayuri lol

And Mayuri never recieved any karma for his actions. Dude got away with everything even cleaner than Orochimaru.

Should we treat Ichigo's Hollow Mask during/post-Grimmjow fight and his True Bankai as 10x multipliers?

Hollow Mask is comparable to Resurreccion is comparable to Bankai is a 5-10x multiplier. Aizen states that during the fight with Grimmjow, Ichigo masters Hollowfication. So, Ichigo's Hollow Mask jumping from 5x at first to eventually 10x would make sense, it's also supported by Grimmjow not needing to use Res when Ichigo first used Hollowfication and Ulquiorra jobbing Hollow Mask Ichigo to then Res Grimmjow losing to Hollow Mask Ichigo and Hollow Mask Ichigo matching Ulquiorra.

Then sort of similar case with Ichigo's True Bankai, Ichibe comments that he'd been using a fraction of his actual powers in comparison to his True Zanpakuto. Yhwach then comments on the fearsome nature of Ichigo's True Bankai, and in Bleach we constantly see characters that are only a few times separated from each other in power be able to hold their ground against each other. So, Ichigo's True Bankai being only 5x doesn't seem to fit the need for Yhwach to hax it out of existence so he doesn't have to face off against it. Ichigo's True Bankai is also a full combination of both of his powers rather than just the Quincy half manifesting as Ichigo's Zanpakuto, he now has the entire support of Zangetsu and White within his Bankai. If his pseudo Bankai was a 5x multiplier with just "half" of his sources of power then his True Bankai being both sources would also support an amp that's twice his pseudo Bankai, aka 10x.

Funny enough I feel like the argument for Ichigo's during/post-Grimmjow fight Hollow Mask being 10x is stronger than his True Bankai being 10x in terms of direct statements. I figured I'd drop this here because I don't think this is that controversial of a topic to need a CRT over, plus a CRT is currently in progress.

Should we treat Ichigo's Hollow Mask during/post-Grimmjow fight and his True Bankai as 10x multipliers?

Hollow Mask is comparable to Resurreccion is comparable to Bankai is a 5-10x multiplier. Aizen states that during the fight with Grimmjow, Ichigo masters Hollowfication. So, Ichigo's Hollow Mask jumping from 5x at first to eventually 10x would make sense, it's also supported by Grimmjow not needing to use Res when Ichigo first used Hollowfication and Ulquiorra jobbing Hollow Mask Ichigo to then Res Grimmjow losing to Hollow Mask Ichigo and Hollow Mask Ichigo matching Ulquiorra.

Then sort of similar case with Ichigo's True Bankai, Ichibe comments that he'd been using a fraction of his actual powers in comparison to his True Zanpakuto. Yhwach then comments on the fearsome nature of Ichigo's True Bankai, and in Bleach we constantly see characters that are only a few times separated from each other in power be able to hold their ground against each other. So, Ichigo's True Bankai being only 5x doesn't seem to fit the need for Yhwach to hax it out of existence so he doesn't have to face off against it. Ichigo's True Bankai is also a full combination of both of his powers rather than just the Quincy half manifesting as Ichigo's Zanpakuto, he now has the entire support of Zangetsu and White within his Bankai. If his pseudo Bankai was a 5x multiplier with just "half" of his sources of power then his True Bankai being both sources would also support an amp that's twice his pseudo Bankai, aka 10x.

Funny enough I feel like the argument for Ichigo's during/post-Grimmjow fight Hollow Mask being 10x is stronger than his True Bankai being 10x in terms of direct statements. I figured I'd drop this here because I don't think this is that controversial of a topic to need a CRT over, plus a CRT is currently in progress.
I think that's partially Ichigo mastering Hollowfication, but also just that Ichigo gets a lot stronger when he fights.

Like, I don't think a two times difference would be able to cover the leap in power that Ichigo got.

I do think that it seems likely that as a Power-Based Fighter, that Ichigo would get the highest multiplication from his forms.

He also has reactive evolution/accelerated development thanks to the whole zenkai boost they get when close to death or how ichigo becomes stronger during fights

@Arc7Kuroi; I think that's being too speculative with unstated multipliers.

It is not confirmed that "mastering Hollowfication" will mean 10x multiplier, or that Ichigo using his True Bankai as opposed his fake Bankai will result in a 10x multiplier instead of a 5x multiplier.

The series itself never suggests those changes as being the case.

So I think we should continue to be conservative with the multipliers.

That's crazy and unexpected. I thought the people who did Demon Slayer would animate it. Not sure how I feel about this.

i am surprised pierrot is involved when they left bleach for almost 9 years, honestly they shouldnt deserve to animated it when they didnt care enough to animate it for this long

That's crazy and unexpected. I thought the people who did Demon Slayer would animate it. Not sure how I feel about this.
Ufotable doesn't animate a lot of series, it's like Fate, Demon Slayer, and some other gacha game turned anime iirc.

i am surprised pierrot is involved when they left bleach for almost 9 years, honestly they shouldnt deserve to animated it when they didnt care enough to animate it for this long
The crew that originally worked on Bleach made it look good. Ichigo vs Ginjo is super smooth, I'm not too worried for Bleach's animation quality.

yea im not worried about the animation they should have enough time and budget, I just think that they dont deserve to milk it after leaving the fans for almost 9 years with no updates

Back