• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

Just looking through Soi Fon's ability, it's a venom/poison, not even pure hax.

Actually I just looked through things again and saw a suggestion that Soi Fon's Shikai ability is Cellular Explosion since Shikai and Bankai can't have too different abilities.

Apparently, the Venom/Poison explanation is from Bount Arc filler, not actual manga canon.

Anyway, I'm still wondering if people think someone can tank Respira while in direct contact with it instead of blowing it away. Or whether someone can tank X-Axis just cause they have higher Reaitsu than Lille. Even leaving that aside, can someone counter Book of the End with Reaitsu alone. Of these, Respira and Book of the End are majorly Time Hax while X-Axis is Spatial hax.

Last edited:
There is no where in the entirety of Bleach where it is stated that Yamamoto has more Reaitsu than Aizen. That's your headcanon.
It’s called using common sense. When people become more powerful, their reiatsu increases. Fights, explicitly so for Shinigami, are based on reiatsu so the feat that people get stronger when their reiatsu increases, the reiatsu is the cause for the stat boost. The very second Aizen admits Yama would beat him in a fight and even says that his Shikai is the strongest Zanpakuto, he admits that Yama is superior to him in reiatsu.
And even then, Reiatsu is not all there is to stats when using Zanpakutou. What the Zanpakutou actually does is a huge factor.
??? Reiatsu is all there is to stats. The Zanpakuto either boost the reiatsu, change shape for a different way of fighting or they give some level of hax. Yama’s physicals scale to his Shikai and his Shikai just gives him fire manip in terms of versatility.
Kyoka Suigetsu and Sakanade for example, are non-combat illusion type Zanpakutou. They cannot be compared to combat type Zanpakutou in the hands of people on par with the users.
You seem to have this weird understanding of what Zanpakuto are. There are no non “combat type” Zanpakuto. Literally all of them have a combat function because they are weapons. The closest you get is with Minazuki becasue it only shows off its healing stomach acid but when you realise who is the owner and that Zan’s are the reflection of the Shinigami’s souls, you’d know that healing is not her thing, it’s being a bloodlusted murderer. A giant flying manta ray that takes away a swordsman’s main way of fighting? You can bet that it does more than just fly and heal. What you are using to make a distinction between “combat type” and non combat type” Zan is the ability of a Zanpakuto to have uses outside of direct combat.
“He is still caught by the effects of KS and didn’t break out.”

Show me a scan of Yamamoto under KS.
Aizen tells us that he gathered all of the Captains and Lieutenants to show them KS and presented a made up Zanpakuto ability to them.

Just looking through Soi Fon's ability, it's a venom/poison, not even pure hax.

Actually I just looked through things again and saw a suggestion that Soi Fon's Shikai ability is Cellular Explosion since Shikai and Bankai can't have too different abilities.

Apparently, the Venom/Poison explanation is from Bount Arc filler, not actual manga canon.

Anyway, I'm still wondering if people think someone can tank Respira while in direct contact with it instead of blowing it away. Or whether someone can tank X-Axis just cause they have higher Reaitsu than Lille. Even leaving that aside, can someone counter Book of the End with Reaitsu alone. Of these, Respira and Book of the End are majorly Time Hax while X-Axis is Spatial hax.
In one of the novels, is stated that Respira wouldn't work on Kenpachi but I don't remember which novel that was mentioned. Probably, SAFWY.

Aizen tells us that he gathered all of the Captains and Lieutenants to show them KS and presented a made up Zanpakuto ability to them.
Aizen used KS on everyone while they were off-guard and not even fighting. He show them KS when he faked his "bankai" ceremony for the captain's exam. That is not a feat using KS on Yamamoto in a fight while Yamamoto knows he has that kind of power.

In one of the novels, is stated that Respira wouldn't work on Kenpachi but I don't remember which novel that was mentioned. Probably, SAFWY.
That's the one that says powerful reiatsu could blow Respira away, not that he could tank it after it came into contact with him.

That's the one that says powerful reiatsu could blow Respira away, not that he could tank it after it came into contact with him.
That in and of itself implies that if you’re strong enough you can neg Respira, since according to Barragan everything has age.

That in and of itself implies that if you’re strong enough you can neg Respira, since according to Barragan everything has age.
Not necessarily since Soifon could still harm Barragan through his Respira with raw power. We know Respira takes some time to age stuff like with Kido lasting longer than Soifon’s arm and even being stated they can last thousands of years. Reiatsu would be the same and if it’s strong enough, you can overpower whatever force the Respira has to push it away thus fulfilling the statement for blowing it away with strong enough reiatsu.

Unless of course by “neg Respira” you didn’t mean power null in which case I wasted my time typing this up.

Are there gonna be any speed crts? I think the soul king monsters attacking the soul reapers could be a valid one. Even assuming it took them a minute to travel to the seireitei it’d bump some people to MHS+ and Sub Realistic.

Are there gonna be any speed crts? I think the soul king monsters attacking the soul reapers could be a valid one. Even assuming it took them a minute to travel to the seireitei it’d bump some people to MHS+ and Sub Realistic.
Yes there will be a TYBW themed speed CRT.

Don't they all participate in a fight together. Also there's several statements comparing them or other characters.

She can fight alongside him and does just as well as he does, is a logical character and doesn’t c*ck down to him when he tries to pick a fight, even thinking she would win. Iirc, the only actual implication that Grimmjow is stronger is Kenny wanting to fight him while Nel and Harribel were there as well. Harribel honestly seems like the weakest (however sleight it is) as she specifically goes out of her way to not say anything that would piss off Grimmjow whereas Nel and Grimm have no problem fighting the other (though Grimm is just an ape).

I'm not sure where to put this, I'll probably make a seperate thread about it. Basically, I wanted to understand how fast Shikai Yamamoto is, specifically concrete feats behind the scaling. He reacted to multiple opponents like Bazz-B and NaNaNa simultaneously attacking him 3 - 1, who are supposedly MHS+, making Yama sub-relativisic. What is the MHS+ feat behind the scaling? Obviously Head Captain SHOULD be fast as heck, he's the boss and one of the fastest and most powerful Bleach characters ever ...and my favorite bleach character :'(

I'm not sure where to put this, I'll probably make a seperate thread about it. Basically, I wanted to understand how fast Shikai Yamamoto is, specifically concrete feats behind the scaling. He reacted to multiple opponents like Bazz-B and NaNaNa simultaneously attacking him 3 - 1, who are supposedly MHS+, making Yama sub-relativisic. What is the MHS+ feat behind the scaling? Obviously Head Captain SHOULD be fast as heck, he's the boss and one of the fastest and most powerful Bleach characters ever ...and my favorite bleach character :'(
I could be wrong, but I believe Yamamoto scales to Aizen who is far faster than FKT masked Ichigo who reaches Sub Realistic from a MHS+ feat and the accepted 5x increase from hollowfication

We know ex Espada like Halibel,Nel and Grimmjow get stronger but who's the strongest between three of them?
Probably Halibel. The only thing she doesn't do is actually claim the throne and even then the quote says she is the true king. The King of Hueco Mundo is decided by power, that is how Hueco Mundo works.

Just because Grimmkitty is crazy enough to attack Aizen now we now he's getting embarrassed. Halibel simply doesn't want a fight to the death because she is not the type to battle like that while Nelliel is the type to reign in beasts like those, which is why she is willing to tell Grimmjow to shut up.

I could be wrong, but I believe Yamamoto scales to Aizen who is far faster than FKT masked Ichigo who reaches Sub Realistic from a MHS+ feat and the accepted 5x increase from hollowfication
If Ichigo is already Sub-relativisic then Yama would be relativistic or even light speed. So that doesn't make sense.

I really wish Ichigo had an actual Bankai ability. Even Getsuga Tensho is just something his Shikai can already do.

I used to think it was speed but it didn't take long after SS arc until everyone and their mother was either just as fast or faster than Bankai Ichigo.

I really wish Ichigo had an actual Bankai ability. Even Getsuga Tensho is just something his Shikai can already do.

I used to think it was speed but it didn't take long after SS arc until everyone and their mother was either just as fast or faster than Bankai Ichigo.
Final Getsuga Tensho is kinda his Bankai's true ability, stated in SAFWY iirc.

As for his new Bankai, only Kubo knows what that is.

So there was a game called Bleach Death Awakening which had Ichika and Kazui in it. Ichika's abilities seem to be somewhat similar to Rukia's, but Kazui is a fricking monster. He not only has access to Black Getsuga, not only can he use Orihime's shields, but he can also conjure one of those eye things from Yhwach and use a similar reiatsu attack as him.

If Kazui happens to get stuff like this in canon, then he'll be fricking busted xD

I don't really care for Bankai. Really, we already are getting stuff that practically makes Bankai irrelevant.

And once again. Ichigo's Bankai is pure raw power and it fits just that aspect. And all I would want is moving on from Bankai as we do have things better than that already.

thats dope asf is thr any scans of the black eye ability, what does it do exactly?
I think the game designers based that attack on Kazui absorbing that remnant of Yhwach's reiatsu in the final chapter. The ability ingame is a huge AoE attack with black Reiatsu. A video with Kazui's abilities is linked in my post.

I think the game designers based that attack on Kazui absorbing that remnant of Yhwach's reiatsu in the final chapter. The ability ingame is a huge AoE attack with black Reiatsu. A video with Kazui's abilities is linked in my post.
So Kazui has a stolen moveset instead of his own thing...He only relies on somehow having his mother's shields which makes no sense because Fullbring is personal along with what is a theory that he has absorbed the very small and frail amounts of power that not even Ichigo would care enough to check in because plot says so. The only fair thing that there is in his moveset is Black Getsuga Tenshou

So Kazui has a stolen moveset instead of his own thing...He only relies on somehow having his mother's shields which makes no sense because Fullbring is personal along with what is a theory that he has absorbed the very small and frail amounts of power that not even Ichigo would care enough to check in because plot says so. The only fair thing that there is in his moveset is Black Getsuga Tenshou
The shields may not be Kazui's own power, in the manga Orihime had her pixies follow Kazui everywhere. That's how she knew Kazui was at Hiyori's place when she told Ichigo. Orihime can now talk telepathically with her fairies it would seem.

Back